Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #6357

Thor Owners Club
Concur that something is wrong. I just went out to my 2015 37 LS and confirmed that the loft and salon switches function as 3 ways.
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2020, 06:04 AM   #6358

Engine Options

Does anyone know if/when the 2020 Outlaw's will have the new Ford V8 instead of the V10? The Thor website still indicates the V10 and I wonder if they are just late in updating or that have some stock of the stripped chassis to get through first.

Thanks!
doenute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #6359
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doenute View Post
Does anyone know if/when the 2020 Outlaw's will have the new Ford V8 instead of the V10? The Thor website still indicates the V10 and I wonder if they are just late in updating or that have some stock of the stripped chassis to get through first.

Thanks!
Prognostication follows...
1. The motor change made it to the features list on the Ford website for the stripped chassis models in early December:
https://www.ford.com/commercial-truc...f53-motorhome/
This most probably means the V10's are all used-up.

2. In this business, it is a build as orders are made, model. So, I would bet that the last 6.8L/V10's were all pre-purchased and delivered to the makers up through November. The last of the 2019's with V10's are all sitting on the factory back-lots and will be used-up before we see any of the 7.3L/V8 equipped chassis moved-in to build.

3. TMC, Forest River and Winnie are the big 3 (in that order) and use their buying power to keep prices manageable, but that means the chassis' are a few months old when they get in the RV factory door.

4. The smaller volume makers hold smaller stocks of chassis, so newer models might get to the factory earlier for these smaller brands (but not always).

5. And finally, TMC dealers make their first orders for the new year at the insiders open house each year (all TMC units are pre-purchased by dealers) each September. The bigger volume dealers have faster turn-over, so they will be showing the newest of the new.

So...when and where will we see the first 7.3L powered Outlaw?
I submit it will be a mid-2020 model delivered to the dealer in late May or June and the unit will probably show-up at MHSRV in Alvarado TX (Biggest TMC sales by volume).
But the FIRST 7.3L in a motorhome? I think that will be sometime in the Spring 2020 in a boutique (smaller volume) builder like Newmar.

Safe Outlaw Travels

P.S. I noticed that TMC is not playing-up the new engine at this transition point. Probably because that talk would typically depress the value of the older chassis sitting on the dealership lots.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:20 AM   #6360

10 Minute Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
I think something is wrong...the loft lights (and main salon lights) have always been on a 3way.
At least 3 way on every Outlaw I was ever in.
Thanks Steve, I suspected that was the case. I pulled the loft switch yesterday and it was wired wrong. Swapped 2 wires and it works as it should.
Nyrken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #6361
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New factory review of the 38KB (King Bed).
There's a loft, but accessed from a garage ladder, so basically the garage must be unloaded

Still talking-up the V10...but we know the 7.3L (445ci.in.) big block Godzilla V8 is in the pipeline. I would just skip bringing it up in current content...but what do I know.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #6362

Confused about the 2020 models

They still have the Ford V10? The only model that has the loft is the KB but the loft is only accessible from the garage and by a ladder? The RB is dealer stock only so they are eliminating that model?
Issaquahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #6363

Issues with 2007 Outlaw

We have had our 07 Outlaw since 09. I have done several of the mods on the forum.
Last fall our backup screen went to a thin white line. Are these units available any more? Also is there a link to the 2 way black rocker switch for the salon lights. Thanks
Goldwingfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #6364

Towing with loaded garage

We are considering the purchase of a 2017 Outlaw 37BG and are looking for advice from anyone who has towed a car (about 4100 lbs) with a 1600 lb load in the garage. How did the MH perform ? Did you have any issues climbing the hills, or braking?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Einy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #6365
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Broke 50,000 Miles!

Bought in 2008, our 2007 has cleared a major milestone (pun intended )

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1690.JPG-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	277238

We Love Our Outlaw!
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #6366

Congrats Steve, welcome to the OTL 50K Club

Welcome Einy. I believe MonkeyClaw routinely hauls motorcycles in his garage and tows a substantial vehicle on the hitch, maybe shoot him a PM. I haven't seen him in the forum lately.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #6367

Thanks JeffAZ.

I'll try reaching out to MonkeyClaw
Old 03-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #6368

Thor Owners Club
I have a 37LS that does not have the 6 speed. Believe your target model year does, which will give you even better performance than mine. I have 1600 lbs in the garage between the trike, full tool bench, and stacked washer and dryer. I tow a 3400 lb car. No issues running down the road (other than the usual screaming downshift moments) and, to use the overused expression, the only way I know the toad is back there is the rear camera. I can actually feel the toad's brake at times. No problems marching up typical East Coast mountains.
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:05 PM   #6369

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post
I have a 37LS that does not have the 6 speed. Believe your target model year does, which will give you even better performance than mine. I have 1600 lbs in the garage between the trike, full tool bench, and stacked washer and dryer. I tow a 3400 lb car. No issues running down the road (other than the usual screaming downshift moments) and, to use the overused expression, the only way I know the toad is back there is the rear camera. I can actually feel the toad's brake at times. No problems marching up typical East Coast mountains.
Thank you. This is exactly the info we are looking for. I appreciate you responding.

The LS would be my first choice, but we would have to modify the UTV to fit in the smaller garage and my husband is not a fan of the thought of sleeping in a loft. Could you comment on sleeping in the loft? Or did you sleep in another area of the coach?
Old 03-10-2020, 05:10 AM   #6370

Sleeping in the loft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einy View Post
Thank you. This is exactly the info we are looking for. I appreciate you responding.

The LS would be my first choice, but we would have to modify the UTV to fit in the smaller garage and my husband is not a fan of the thought of sleeping in a loft. Could you comment on sleeping in the loft? Or did you sleep in another area of the coach?
We have a 2014 LS and would not even consider a toy hauler without the loft. The loft is very comfortable and saves so much space. We are 57 and 60 and I have a very bad back from a car accident. The loft was a concern for us before purchase but after having it for a while it is so much better to have the extra space in the living area and not have a traditional bedroom, or something that needs stowed after every use.

I sleep on the cabinet side and have removed the panel inside the cabinet next to the TV and installed an outlet in the box behind the TV tapping into the TV outlet for power. This give me a place to plug my phone in at night and I leave the cabinet door open with the phone on top of it while charging. Since my back issues cause me to wake up frequently I can just peek at the phone and decide if it is too early to get up. Better than our house as far as I am concerned.
Nyrken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw