Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #1

Is there a service center at Thor factory?

Could us a little help.... Just purchased a 2017 Super C 35SB from Lazydays... The dealer dropped the ball and did not have the coach properly prepped and I have a lot of issues, But I just couldn't wait around due to time restraints. They gave me a huge "we owe you" list but I was wondering if anybody knows if after I work out some of the bugs if one can go to the factory for warranty and recalls?

I am up in New England and all the dealers around here will not work on it if you buy down South...
idigmywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2017, 11:19 PM   #2

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/elkh...ps-190124.html

This should help some, but I don't have any contact information.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can call the number for Thor and they can transfer you to the service center. Don't expect to get an appointment right away as the DP line is booked out a couple of months usually. Here is the number to call. (877) 855-2867
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #4

Thank you
idigmywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
As Gary mentioned they are great also for servicing your coach. They are in Wakarusa IN. If you want to add anything such as a solar panel or anything it's best for them to do since they know the coach. I only have them work on my coach and also head to their rally in Oct and get things done [when needed] while up there too!
Not sure you will go to the rear diesel pusher facility but the class c center next door.

Suggestion: I would bring to Thor's customer service attention of the "OWE ME " list and the names of the dealers around you who will not service your coach. I had a dealer say that to me once and Thor got all over their case resulting in dealership firing service manager and tech. Their customers who bought from them might go to the front of the line in service but they have to work on your coach to remain a dealer.

Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
As Gary mentioned they are great also for servicing your coach. They are in Wakarusa IN. If you want to add anything such as a solar panel or anything it's best for them to do since they know the coach. I only have them work on my coach and also head to their rally in Oct and get things done [when needed] while up there too!
Not sure you will go to the rear diesel pusher facility but the class c center next door.

Suggestion: I would bring to Thor's customer service attention of the "OWE ME " list and the names of the dealers around you who will not service your coach. I had a dealer say that to me once and Thor got all over their case resulting in dealership firing service manager and tech. Their customers who bought from them might go to the front of the line in service but they have to work on your coach to remain a dealer.

Don
I've heard the Thor rally mentioned a few times. Is this the diesel club rally or something else? What type of work can you get done there and how does that work?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I've heard the Thor rally mentioned a few times. Is this the diesel club rally or something else? What type of work can you get done there and how does that work?
Assuming you have a Thor Class A diesel you can join the club. At the Fall Rally held in Goshen, IN (held this year from Oct. 1-6) you can have the Thor Service Tech work on up to two or three minor issues on your coach. If you are still under warranty there is no charge. If you are out of warranty you pay for the parts and their labor is free. You can also order parts prior to the rally and pick them up during the rally and the parts are generally at a reduced price.

If you need more info on the rally click on this link and scroll down:

Coming Events | THOR DIESEL CLUB
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Those of you who've scheduled service, what number did you call? After starting with the owner number and getting transferred 4 times, I wound up at 574-584-2155. It goes straight to voicemail for Joe, who's away from his desk "for a minute." I've called 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks without any reply from Thor. I went to the main number again and mentioned I hadn't received a call back, and they transferred me straight to Joe's voicemail this time. I've sent Thor customer service 2 emails that haven't received a reply.

It's frustrating because I know I'll be scheduling for several months down the road when I'm finally able to get someone on the phone. That time just keeps moving further the longer it takes them to reply to me.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Assuming you have a Thor Class A diesel you can join the club. At the Fall Rally held in Goshen, IN (held this year from Oct. 1-6) you can have the Thor Service Tech work on up to two or three minor issues on your coach. If you are still under warranty there is no charge. If you are out of warranty you pay for the parts and their labor is free. You can also order parts prior to the rally and pick them up during the rally and the parts are generally at a reduced price.

If you need more info on the rally click on this link and scroll down:

Coming Events | THOR DIESEL CLUB
I've got a Thor Class A gasser (Vegas) on order. I feel like I'm being discriminated against based on my fuel type... :(
Old 08-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I've got a Thor Class A gasser (Vegas) on order. I feel like I'm being discriminated against based on my fuel type... :(
I agree with you. Why should the club/rally only be for diesel pushers and not all Thor models?
breenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by breenw View Post
I agree with you. Why should the club/rally only be for diesel pushers and not all Thor models?
I only have a lowly 2017 class C gasser, so I guess that would make passenger in steerage on the Titanic.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
I only have a lowly 2017 class C gasser, so I guess that would make passenger in steerage on the Titanic.
Yea, I imagine if you show up at the rally, you'll be locked out, reaching in through a locked gate screaming for someone to let you out as the water rises...
Old 08-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Their are two Clubs! One is the Thor Diesel Club and the other is The Thor Motor home club. Two Separate clubs. The Thor Diesel club is a chapter of FMCA and the other is run by owners of both diesel and gassers!

Sorry, the rally in Goshen is limited to Thor Diesel Pushers only.

Wakarusa IN is where the service center is for all Coaches by appointment.

Good Luck
Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Thanks to Don for posting this. There's 2 "clubs":

The Thor Diesel Club founders sought full FMCA membership:
THOR DIESEL CLUB

The many thousands owners of gas powered Thor motorhomes (including FourWinds, Damon, Mandalay etc.) never sought charter with FMCA, but the "club" is here:
TMCOC

Back on-topic...the Thor Motor Coach (TMC) factory service center is at 501 Ward St. in Wakarusa and accepts work on an appointment only basis:
See: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/contact-us/
I have only read rave reviews about work completed here.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, thor