Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2020, 01:11 PM   #1

Leveling Jack popping

I have a 2015 Thor Outlaw 37LS CLASS A. I am having issues with my leveling jacks they are popping, cracking whatever you want to call it. When it does pop it shake the RV. I have added a quart of additive by CAT. That did not work. When got back from by trip I took to a service department and had system flushed and they added a quart of the CAT additive again. I still have the popping. There no signs of leaks. The temps have been the triple digits. I NEED HELP PLEASE.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Jacks popping

I have noticed the same issue on my 2014. After my rig has auto leveled, when I shake it or walk inside I can hear the jacks intermittently popping. I am assuming there is a very small leak in pressure of the hydraulic system.
I don’t have any answers yet but I will research and gives updates when I can.
Hopefully someone can suggest a fix
Brent
Behannig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Popping jacks

This morning inVegas it was in the 40’s and my jack pump was struggling to get the jacks up and down. I took it to a recommended RV service center to see if it was losing pressure or if it is a problem with the pump and check valves.

I am hoping for an easy fix and will post the findings
Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Problem ONE is the levelers are Lippert. Make them fix it right under warranty.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:25 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Jacks popping

I’m not sure if I have figured this issue out completely but...........
This morning before I used my auto level, I released the air from my airbags prior to running the leveler. I gotta say this seems to have eliminated the popping sound. Even after a few hours I can try and shake my rig and there is no popping sound.
This leads me to believe it was something to do with the airbags being inflated when I used the auto leveler in the past.
I hope it is as simple as that

Brent
Old 12-02-2020, 04:34 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Hydraulic pump issue resolved

Got my rig back from the shop and they said the only issue with my system was I didn’t have enough volts coming from the batteries. The low voltage makes the system act weird.
I assumed that when I had the engine running it would provide adequate voltage but that is not the case.
I’m thinking I left my “store/use” switch in the “use” position and it drained the batteries to much. I was told that once the voltage gets below 11.7 it disengages a solenoid and makes the system act weird.

Any input anyone has would be welcomed.
I am brand new to this RV world and I love learning

Brent
Old 12-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behannig View Post
I’m not sure if I have figured this issue out completely but...........
This morning before I used my auto level, I released the air from my airbags prior to running the leveler. I gotta say this seems to have eliminated the popping sound. Even after a few hours I can try and shake my rig and there is no popping sound.
This leads me to believe it was something to do with the airbags being inflated when I used the auto leveler in the past.
I hope it is as simple as that

Brent
With my HWH leveling system the first thing that the control panel does is dump the air bags before it levels. I would think your statement makes perfect sense.
nbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:07 AM   #8

Few years ago i did this with the center one and it helped.

https://changinglanesrv.com/hydrauli...d-rv-snappads/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-23_11-42-57-3-1.png
Views:	163
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	310103  
Old 12-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #9

I also used the Fork Oil 2yrs ago per lippert recommendation,got rid of most of it,only hear it when big temperature change overnight. The system isn't leaking down because I've checked height many times, never moves.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #10

I too used the fork oil and it made a major improvement. If I remember the bulletin correctly it said if this did not fix the problem you could add another quart.

Good luck.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling