Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
We picked up our 2115 Hurricane 27K on 11/14/2014. Only 3 minor issues.
Awning Lights not working, hole in a cabinet caused by the slide out pantry, and broken latter braces.
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al n Linda View Post
We have a 2015 Hurricane. Somehow our battery died and now the leveling system has a timeout error message. Tried depressing all four directional buttons at once. Then tried only two. Didn't reset. We weren't given the Lippert manual (darn). Any helpful hints? We still have to figure out what drained the battery. It was plugged into 110 since we parked it. Fortunately we're at home.
Welcome to IRV2.com. You will find a lot of information about your Hurricane here, and a lot of people that will help you.

Here is some information for your jacks. You should be able to download the manual you need.

https://lci1.com/support-center

As far as your dead battery, how about more information. I am assuming you mean your coach battery not your chassis battery. Chances are, your jacks aren't working properly due to low battery. Do you have a volt meter? You need one. Even a cheap one will work. Measure your coach battery both with and without shore power and post the results. Does your Aux switch on your dash work? Do you hear a "click or thunk" when activated? Are your disconnect switches by the door switched in?
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:33 AM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by norml View Post
2010 32A hurricane, 35, 000 miles, towing a 2009 Chevy Cobalt.

On fourth starter and Ford has not found problem that causing starters to fail. They have refunded me the cost to replace. Also had major issue with front slide that my dealership butchered. They had cut out part of roof framing causing slide to sag in middle allowing water to run into motorhome. Thor repair facilities were great and repaired slide at no cost to me. Few other minor problem but overall we enjoy our hurricane.
Start a thread in the Ford Chassis section about your 3 starter problems. You will get more responses.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
If the noise you are talking about is the rear camera microphone, then it's a "feature"! The Jensen JRV212T radio never actually turns off, as long as it has 12v power. It's purposely made to stay on so that you can receive weather and amber alerts in your area.

By default, the display screen always shows the time, even when you turn the radio tuner "off" by pushing in the volume button. There is a touch screen menu setting option to turn off the time display, (but the radio is still actually on, you can hear the rear camera microphone, or receive weather alerts).

For the rear camera, have you tried plugging in the side cameras into the rear camera connector, as a test? Maybe it's just the rear camera, and not the radio, (which works as a camera monitor). Have you checked the rear camera brightness and contrast settings? It's possible to turn them way down so all you will see in the monitor screen is black.

As a last test, you can purchase a brand new Jensen radio, (with a 30day return policy), from BestBuy, and try it out to determine if the radio is actually the problem.
The radio and camera is not working at all. The menu will not come up and the screen is blank except when I push the reset and the screen flashes white for about a second. According to Jensen this is a five year old model and is no longer repairable. I'm going to replace the radio/camera unit with a new camera only unit. I used the Jensen mostly to monitor the towed so not a big loss for me on the radio and CD player. I won't be going with a Jensen.

Thanks again for the input

Happy Thanksgiving to All,

Jim
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:32 AM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Jacks on the Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al n Linda View Post
We have a 2015 Hurricane. Somehow our battery died and now the leveling system has a timeout error message. Tried depressing all four directional buttons at once. Then tried only two. Didn't reset. We weren't given the Lippert manual (darn). Any helpful hints? We still have to figure out what drained the battery. It was plugged into 110 since we parked it. Fortunately we're at home.
The manual for our Hurricane says the engine must be running while lowering the jacks. The jacks must require more power than batteries alone can give.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Drawer Latches

Has anyone replaced the plastic drawer latch. I have three that have cracked and won't hold the drawer shut. I don't want to replace with the same plastic latch. I am trying to find something that will hold up better than the plastic without having to re-engineer the drawer.

Thanks,

Jim
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Metal drawer latch

Lowes and Home Depot sell various metal replcements. I gave up on the plastic ones
aviator37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
We picked up our 2115 Hurricane 27K 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #37

Picked up my 34f 11/25/14 and have quite enjoyed it.have had a few small issues but nothing major as of yet. Biggest issue was a water leak at the passenger window and a broken shaft in retractable steps. Both of which my dealer fixed rather promptly. Took it on a 1600 mile trip to disney world and loved driving it and the wife and kids loved not being strapped into a pickup truck. I averaged about 8-9mph.
ChrisW0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
2012 Hurricane 32A. Bought brand new March 2012, traded up to SOB January 2013. Our first coach to see if the "RV lifestyle" was for us. I have been driving for others for many years, but never actually stayed in a motorhome. Our quick trade was not a sign of disappointment, but how happy we were with the lifestyle it provided, so we traded up to be able to include the grandchildren on at least one major trip a year. (We also traded up one more time in December 2013 due to an inheritance to what we would be happy with if it were the last upgrade).
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #39

we have a 2008 hurricane 30q with no slide outs. bought new at end of 2007. we had what husband thought was a blowout, he looked, nope. traveled a couple more months, happened again and couldn't stop vibration until we came to a complete stop. figured okay, we'll take it back to churchville camping world and they should be able to fix it. we had a whole list of items for them to repair they thought they had felt it, they didn't. after 4 years of talking to thor, ford, and camping world, no one was able to feel the vibration except one of the mechanics at camping world, ford said they didn't believe the mechanic...it's not a vibration, it's a shimmey. i was so sick of them calling it a shimmey. they finally told us to take it into elkhart and and there we met jim crosley. thank goodnes for him. he felt the vibration and they pushed the wheels forward and thought that fixed it. it didn't. in florida, they towed it to fort lauderdale and i was on the phone all afternoon talking to a person that said they had felt the vibration and they could fix it. i was so happy. on our way home, we were on route 40 when it happened every time we went over a bridge. husband was so upset, he pulled off and pulled into a parking lot to stay overnight. called ford and told them about it, they said they wouldn't tow it again. we drove home at 40 miles an hour. called the attorney general of new york state, asked if we could go for the lemon.law... we were approved. i had kept all the paperwork so i knew i had the proof.
after having it towed twice, "repaired" seven times, talking to ford, four winds, and innumerable repair places, now we were talking to four winds', lawyer. tried to settle once not good enough. second time they offered to put new tires on. husband wanted what he considered the best. Michelin. thor and jim crosley fixed everything that was wrong with the hurricane. including the steps that had stopped working, the refrigerator that had stopped working and ruined our food on the way to elkhart...now out house batteries are not working correctly. when we aren't plugged in, the lights are dim and the monitor shows one red dot. recharge. this is after we had bought a second battery the first trip because the power kept going out... nothing but trouble but believe it or not, we love the lifestyle and we don't have it vibrating anymore.
rector1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #40

Just purchased a 2008 Hurricane 31H

So far the only issues seem to be the dash AC keeps cycling on and off. Does not appear to be low on gas. Maybe overcharged.

The Norcold fridge is working but on AC the green power light is flashing three times.

The fog lights are not going on. The switch on the dash lights up when turned on but the two white fog (driving) lights are not coming on.
fotofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Has anyone replaced the plastic drawer latch. ....Thanks, Jim

The original plastic latches, (rated for 5 pounds) can be replaced with heavy duty plastic latches, (rated for 10 pounds).

Not at all a better substitute, but they are cheap, available online, at Camping World, and at Marine shops and they do not require modifications to the original cabinets.
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #42

i tried to replace the brackets with the original slides and it didn't work. bought new ones at home depot bottom mount but the wheel was on the side. bought everything including the brackets which were different from the original, very hard to do, took about an hour to finagle myself into the area to attach the brackets and then they didn't work!!!! i pushed the drawer in and out while crying and broke the brackets, but that was ok. i have never felt so good about breaking something in my life. now i have to fix the drawer that came apart, which i did yesterday. have to get new brackets, and try again. no camping world that does repairs around here (la feria, texas). we have had no problem fixing them prior to this time so i have no idea what's wrong.
rector1942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane