Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #1

Miramar- Noise in slide out wall

2016 Miramar 34.1
Just bought this used from private owner. It has a clacking/banging noise in the slide out wall just behind the driver seat with acceleration/deceleration. Sounds like a cable inside the wall slapping each wall. Driving me crazy. Very loud. Are there cables in this wall? Anybody had this problem? Solution?
theb2md is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theb2md View Post
2016 Miramar 34.1
Just bought this used from private owner. It has a clacking/banging noise in the slide out wall just behind the driver seat with acceleration/deceleration. Sounds like a cable inside the wall slapping each wall. Driving me crazy. Very loud. Are there cables in this wall? Anybody had this problem? Solution?
There is a driveshaft there connecting the upper and lower gear racks, that is loose by design. Many people have complained about this including me.

I have not yet heard of a solution to this. I know I have made Thor aware of the problem but ignores it by talking around it.

It is still an open item on my warranty to do list. It drives me bonkers as well.
It also causes a banging noise when hitting bumps by the shaft jumping up and down.

I am sure this happening on all ends of all the slides but we only hear the the units we sit close to.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #3

I have a 2017 Aria 3601, and had the same noises. I found the Schwintek video on You Tube about lubricating the slides with CRC, and that seems to have gotten rid of the noise. Once in a while I will hear a soft bang, but it is 100% better then it was.

https://youtu.be/8KbVRFMo1Rg
Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, slide, slide out