Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #15

Wow that close to exhaust. I'm laying on floor behind mine now. I ll see how I get along. Hopefully I send u a picture. Thanks
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Wow that close to exhaust. I'm laying on floor behind mine now. I ll see how I get along. Hopefully I send u a picture. Thanks
We have had no issues with the exhaust and rock guard.

Hope your project goes well.

Bill
SteelerFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #17

Ok. Mine will real close too-should gain 6" when aired up. I've trimmed the bottom already but will have to put a step down in the top around the exhaust I think. Thanks again
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #18

Ok I'm working in a barn with no lights down low so a picture not working. Mine is almost identical to yours. I notched out around the exhaust . I also moved the exhaust clamp forward so the flap is behind it . I say this "if yours works fine -so will mine". Ha. If it don't work two bolts take it off.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Has anyone tried to put mud flap under a Palazzo yet. It's very low plus exhaust is in the way of the flap I had left over from my previous coach . My toad seems to get a lot more trash on it now without flap.

Santa Claus was good
Attached Images

gramps2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #20

Got to have that . I didn't think they had those yet. The one I just put on says Damon. Ha. I be calling my dealer tomorrow Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps2578 View Post
Santa Claus was good
Jim,

Where did you buy the Palazzo mud flap? It would be easier to buy one from the same place then to try and measure and order from someplace different.

Thanks!
Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Jim,

Where did you buy the Palazzo mud flap? It would be easier to buy one from the same place then to try and measure and order from someplace different.

Thanks!
Jack
Jack

The mudflap was part of the purshase agreement with the dealer. They ordered it from Duraflap, Grants Pass, OR
The problem is the dealer did not have it made to fit the Palazzo, I had to take the bracing off and cut the height down three inches and than re-install the brace and hang it with the hardware they send with the flap. It took about three hour to modify and hang.

JIM
gramps2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps2578 View Post

Jack

The mudflap was part of the purshase agreement with the dealer. They ordered it from Duraflap, Grants Pass, OR
The problem is the dealer did not have it made to fit the Palazzo, I had to take the bracing off and cut the height down three inches and than re-install the brace and hang it with the hardware they send with the flap. It took about three hour to modify and hang.

JIM
Thanks Jim! I will contact Duraflap direct.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #24

All I need is the stainless steel piece with the word Palazzo on it.

I wonder if they will just sell the stainless part?

Bill
SteelerFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #25

That's what I need too!! Just the Palazzo cutout
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom65 View Post
I haven't put one on yet. I am planning on going to Quartzite so will look for DuraFlap. Just finished attending the FMCA rally in Indio and I am finding the list of products one can get for a motor home is endless - and exceeds my wallet size.
DuraFlap is set up at Tysom Wells in X30-31.
NRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan22 View Post
All I need is the stainless steel piece with the word Palazzo on it.

I wonder if they will just sell the stainless part?

Bill
Hi Everyone,

We at DuraFlap just got signed up as a sponsor on your forum. We are thrilled to be a part of such an enthusuastic group.

Yes, we can make just the stainless steel weight to read what ever you want it to. We also do a great job on custom graphics.

Give us a call to discuss your needs. Better yet, come by and see us at Quartzsite. We are here at Tyson Wells until Feb. 11th, and possibly a few days longer.
This month we are in space X 30-31. We will be moving in February, but will still be here at Tyson's. we brought some blank weights so we can do installs right here for those that do not want anything laser cut out of the weight.

If you order with the custom cutting, Dennis will do all the measuring, and leave the hardware hanging so it is a very easy install when you get your mud flap. If you are a full timer, we can ship the mud flap to wherever you are when it is ready.
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraFlap View Post
Hi Everyone,

We at DuraFlap just got signed up as a sponsor on your forum. We are thrilled to be a part of such an enthusuastic group.

Yes, we can make just the stainless steel weight to read what ever you want it to. We also do a great job on custom graphics.

Give us a call to discuss your needs. Better yet, come by and see us at Quartzsite. We are here at Tyson Wells until Feb. 11th, and possibly a few days longer.
This month we are in space X 30-31. We will be moving in February, but will still be here at Tyson's. we brought some blank weights so we can do installs right here for those that do not want anything laser cut out of the weight.

If you order with the custom cutting, Dennis will do all the measuring, and leave the hardware hanging so it is a very easy install when you get your mud flap. If you are a full timer, we can ship the mud flap to wherever you are when it is ready.
I am very interested in your product but Quartzsite is way too far for me to travel. I have your measurement sheet but the underside of the Palazzo is a bit different, sits low and the tail pipe may interfere, so I would like for you to do the measuring. Even the mud flap referenced in the thread had to be cut down and the weight remounted due to these issues. What other shows/events to you typically display?