Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New Thor Four Winds Super C 33SW

Just took delivery of a 2014 Four Winds Super C 33SW. This is a relatively new model and I was wondering if anyone has any experience, tips, or other comments on this model. Being on the Ford F550 Super Duty chassis with the Powerstroke diesel this seems like the perfect set up for a classC RV. Any comments?
Bosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #2

Looks like a really nice package especially with the 19,500 gvwr and 35,000 gcwr. Looks like you could tow just about anything. I definitely would be interested in anyone's personal experience with this rig.
jrd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
We will be taking it down to Tucson this coming Friday for a quick weekend shake down trip, but I can tell you this thing drives like a dream, it is comfortable to drive and has great road manners. They tell me other owners have reported 13 to 15 mpg. I'll report after the weekend.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #4

the spec on this class C looks great... that diesel is a monster. Have fun!
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
nice rig , have fun
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #6

You may want to do some research on the 6.7L Powerstroke and the issues it has with the Bosch CP4 fuel pump. Not saying it will happen to you, just want you to be aware of it.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 2012 F-250, have another friend with the same. My brother-in-law has a 2011, and another friend with a 2011 F-350 duelie. All tow large 5th wheels with zero problems. My chassis is a 2014 so I would hope any issues have been addressed. But thanks for the heads up...
Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I know what's next RV will be it will be this super C this thing looks awesome, I cand be leave no one else has offered a diesel in a class C. I definitely want one.
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPULSE DRIVEN View Post
I know what's next RV will be it will be this super C this thing looks awesome, I cand be leave no one else has offered a diesel in a class C. I definitely want one.
Plenty of people have offered diesels in Class Cs. Most were on the Kodiak chassis, but there are a few Internationals and Fords out there too.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I forgot about the Kodiak, silly me. I know from past experience I insist on diesel power.
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor