Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2022, 03:42 PM   #1

One Control frozen

Had this 2018 Vegas for about a month now with no issues except now the One Control touchpad is frozen with the same pop up everytime. I reboot it and power off then on and the same screen comes up and I can't access anything or make the pop up go away. I've read up on all the issues but was hoping someone has had the same problem. Right now I'm not the biggest fan of these things!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220819_162005.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	374097  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2022, 03:44 PM   #2

I've had it happen.
Tap the OK button...
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgolden View Post
I've had it happen.
Tap the OK button...
I've tapped the OK button, hit reset, home and return icons. Nothing....nothing but a ghosted out keyboard. I wanted to remove the touch pad and couldn't figure out how. I found a panel behind it, inside the cabinet. I removed the panel and lo and behold found my slide control box. I thought it was in the storage under the drivers seat. There lies another problem. I have a red flashing light indicating a motor short and a green light indicating motor #1. I feel like ripping out all this nonsense and installing hard wired switches!

I will comment that last weekend I was out camping and decided to install the app. The slide works fine on the app but I don't feel comfortable having to rely on only it to function the rig. Hmm.....things were working fine before the app. I wonder??
Old 08-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #4

I logged out of the app and the screen remained the same. I cannot operate the Vegas by the Lippert One Control but everything seems to respond by the app....even the slide that is reporting a motor short circuit still works....very effective system.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:40 PM   #5

I removed the touchscreen and checked the wiring and unplugged things. Hooked it back up and it seems the touchscreen is getting progressively worse. Now I can't power it down without holding the hard button momentarily. I suspect the touchscreen is failing. Maybe I'll look into replacing it. I did fail to mention when it did work, I was retracting the slide holding down firmly on the icon and the slide stopped. Luckily it worked the second time.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Smile My Lippert control panel will not work to start my Onan Generator

Any suggestions? Took my 2021 Thor Vegas to Cummins who makes Onan. They manually started the generator, so getting gas is not an issue. Not working from control panel. Got a clicking sound that reminded me of the old solenoids from yesteryear on cars when starter or battery was dead.
RCyngier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:34 PM   #7

I got tired waiting for a reply email so I called Lippert technical today. Fella said to unplug the touch pad. I told him I did already but not for long enough. He said it sounded like I was in a loop and it needed to be disconnected for a least 5 minutes. I left it for 15 minutes and plugged it back in....well I'll be an SOB, the unit powered up with the same screen shot but this time when I pushed the OK button it went to the home screen! I'll try it a few more times before we hit the road again. Can't believe something so simple and cheap.
Old 09-18-2022, 03:02 PM   #8

Well, the touchscreen lasted a whole 15 minutes on our last trip out. It's completely frozen again. It's off to a call to Lippert again when we return. If it wasn't for the app we'd have no controls at all. Except we have no HVAC on the app so heating and cooling is out. What a pain!!
Old 09-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #9

Spoke to Lippert today and because I can control everything with the app they've concluded my touchscreen software is toast. They don't have stock on the screen and besides, camping is almost over up here and I would lose 6 months on my warranty. Guess I'll wait until next year to replace it.....if I'm real good may Santa will bring me one?
Old 09-21-2022, 10:12 PM   #10

No way to reflash the firmware/software from the front USB port? Maybe call back support and ask... Might be a quick fix.
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:43 AM   #11

I had the One Control system on my prior MH it can be flaky as you have found. A couple of suggestions, the system modules are interconnected via a CAN bus if one of the bus interconnect cables is not making good contact for any reason the modules can lock up and stop communicating. On each module you will find a small 2 wire (small gauge) connector. The larger one is 12 volt power start on the touch screen as these are the only two connectors on it. Make sure there are 2 connectors on each module, the modules at each end of daisy chin will have terminators (small resistor 220 ohm if I remember) on on one of two connectors. Make sure all are firmly connected and not compromised in any way. If the HVAC controls are supposed to be on the touchscreen and do not show up on the app I suspect the CAN bus is not communicating with that module. That being the case the bus is also most likely not properly terminated and that can cause lockups as well.
When you get a replacement touchscreen make sure it has the correct version of software/firmware installed, newer versions may not see some of the older modules.

When you connect via the app you are connecting to the gateway module directly, the touch screen is not involved thus it being locked up will not prevent you from connecting. If the HVAC module is not communicating on the bus the app will not see it.

Lippert will not, at least a few years ago will not send out software to the field they will only swap out modules.

Hope this helps in understanding the system operation and troubleshooting your issue.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:28 AM   #12

"If the HVAC controls are supposed to be on the touchscreen and do not show up on the app I suspect the CAN bus is not communicating with that module."

Exactly my question: Why would the HVAC work each and everytime when the touchscreen is working properly but the icon does not show up on the app to operate the unit? I thought if the CAN bus is loose/broken/disconnected, the icon disappears from the touchscreen.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #13

I wish there was a manual or video for the app. Me being tech savvy on these things, I discovered if I swipe CLIMATE ZONE it shows heat/cool options. When I set the heat nothing happens on auto fan. I pressed low fan and my rooftop a/c fan came on. I got to thinking, the hot water tank has an on/off switch so maybe the furnace does? The water tank door is hinged but you need to remove screws to get to the furnace. Yup, there is was turned off. I suspect the 2 past owners never even turned it on in the first place. Went inside the rig and I got heat now from the app. Good thing cuz last night hit 41 degrees.
Sorry if I wasted anyone's time but I do appreciate all input. Little hints and tricks are always welcomed!
Old 09-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #14

I wish there was a manual or video for this app. I'm not the most tech savvy on this topic. I found if I swipe the CLIMATE ZONE it takes me to the hvac controls. I set everything and nothing happened. I pressed low fan and the roof top a/c unit fan came on. I could hear the clicking of the board when I was making the changes. Got to thinking, maybe there's a switch for the furnace. The hot water tank does and it's cover outside is hinged. The cover for the furnace is screwed down so I removed them. Sure enough, a switch turned off. Went back in the rig and we gots heat now! The hvac works off the app.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time on this but all input is greatly appreciated! All hints and tricks are always welcomed!