Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Operating Manuals

I received my 2016 Thor Tuscany XTE with no manuals. Does anyone have information about how the antenna inputs are switched between cable and antenna? My Winnebago had a selector box with many coax cables, the ability to select any input to any output. I don't see anything like that in this unit. Also, how do you swing out the TV in the living room to access the back, it seems a couple of cables are reversed and I can't get at them to change them. It seems to come out from the bottom a few inches but I don't want to cause any problems.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Owner's manuals can be obtained electronically here:
https://thormotorcoach.com/motorhome-owners-resources/

A 2015 TMC should be all digital. That's HDMI for DVD and a coax shared for Over The Air TV and park cable.
Gone are the days of the Box of Many Buttons.

Use the on-screen TV menu to select the input to the TV (HDMI or Antenna).
For Antenna, view the set-up menu, select Air or Cable and run a channel search.
For park cable, the TV antenna signal booster (little button and green light) should be off.
Each TV must be set-up separately.

Sorry...can't help with the TV mount

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Steve. Most of the literature seems to be sales brochures, but there is useful information. The manuals that are on line are for the 2015 model. I guess they haven't had time to update the site since December 2014. They refer to the "owners manuals" for things like refrigerator, washer, convection oven, fire place etc.. that I am missing entirely. slowly figuring these things out. Also no chassis manual or generator or transmission. I will try to get them from freightliner. I saw where the tv connections are. the components are supposed to be in the utility cabinet, whatever that is. I see the HDMI splitter and surround sound. I installed a sat. receiver and that is working. I still haven't solved the problem of when I shut off the TV and turn it back on, I have to reset the input, switch the surround sound to TV and restart the Sat. Receiver. I will continue to work on, maybe I can find some information in the literature I downloaded.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
PhilNDenise I googled all my items like the frig, washer, dryer, toilet, AC unit, Radio, Tv's, Jack system, inverter, think you get the idea. The only two current manuals I could not find as of this date is the 2016 Thor manual using the 15 and the Cummings Engine service manual. Everything else has been found and been most helpful. Now have a PDFs copy on iPad for easy access if I need to research something.

You can change the source on the TV to go between TV or HDMI you can also use the TV setup to select cable or Air just remember if using the coach local antenna you have to rescan each time you go to a different location to get the new channel lineup.

Safe Traveles to All
RDFTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilNDenise View Post
I received my 2016 Thor Tuscany XTE with no manuals. Does anyone have information about how the antenna inputs are switched between cable and antenna? My Winnebago had a selector box with many coax cables, the ability to select any input to any output. I don't see anything like that in this unit. Also, how do you swing out the TV in the living room to access the back, it seems a couple of cables are reversed and I can't get at them to change them. It seems to come out from the bottom a few inches but I don't want to cause any problems.

Have u Called Thor customer service for the manuals?
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:08 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
PhilNDenise, on most new RV's the cable coax and the OTA (over the air) coax are connected at the power switch for the OTA antenna. Power on for OTA signals and power off for cable signals.

From the 2015 Manual:
1. Locate the antenna boost plate located in the cabinet above the passenger seat.
(EX. 1)
2. Depress the “ON/OFF” button to turn the booster “ON”. A green indicator light will illuminate indicating the booster is active.
3. Turn on the desired TV and select a channel. (Refer to TV owners manual for
programming instructions if using TV for the first time.)

Note: When using park cable, the booster should be off.
The connection for coax cable is located driver’s side in sewer bay.
1. Go to the antenna boost plate located in the cabinet above the passenger seat.
2. Depress the on/off button to turn the booster “OFF” The green indicator light will no longer be illuminated.
3. Turn on the desired TV and select a channel. Refer to TV owners manual for
programming instructions if using TV for the first time. Consult the cable directory provided by your campground or resort for detailed channel listings.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, I called Thor, they said they didn't have any. Pointed me to the WEB site. No help. I have been going on line and finding most of them. Thanks for the info on how the antenna/cable thing works. The only problem is I have to reset everything every time I turn off the TV. I will figure it out sooner or later. So far, love the layout and the diesel engine, first time owning one.

Tags
manual