Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #169

I have followed this great thread and stole some great ideas. I installed Steve's trap door to cover the entry stairwell. I plan to employ Dan's "stinky slinky fence post undercarriage storage unit" as well. Thanks, fellas!

One of my favorite abilities of my OL is the garage door deck (thanks Don) that greatly expands its livability. We love to have the deck deployed the entire time while camped, using it as the entry/exit to the coach. I have had a couple OL veterans warn me not to let it get rained on because it's not waterproof and the wood components will buckle. I pondered on this awhile and purchased a rubber floor similar to the garage floor. I cut it to fit the deck and flow into the garage about 3 feet. It extends about 6 inches over the deck edges to ensure coverage. I have not had the chance to test in a rain yet (living in AZ), but I think it will be pretty water resistant. It is a little heavy and akward to roll up and store (it fits in the pass-thru basement bin), but I can do it myself and I'm not a big guy.[/IMG

What do you think?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #170
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jeff,

Genius! And, easier on bare feet than the rough "non-skid."

When you get home it would easily hose off too!

We owners are a smart bunch.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #171

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok I have a question I used the furnace for the first time this weekend and every time it come on the flooring would blow up like a balloon ...... The first thing I thought was they forgot to cut out a vent so I looked and looked then i seen the register in the bath room was closed so i opened it and it no longer would inflate the floor when the furnace came on! I inspected and could not find a reason for it to do this endless there is another register on the same run as the bathroom .... Anyone know if there is ?

It was kinda nice though it made it like heated floors .... LOL it got down to 40 last night and the floors was kinda cold but with the hot air blowing under the flooring it is kinda nice but some how I doubt that its suppose to do that .... Anyone else ran into this yet ?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #172
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning83 View Post
Ok I have a question I used the furnace for the first time this weekend and every time it come on the flooring would blow up like a balloon ...... The first thing I thought was they forgot to cut out a vent so I looked and looked then i seen the register in the bath room was closed so i opened it and it no longer would inflate the floor when the furnace came on! I inspected and could not find a reason for it to do this endless there is another register on the same run as the bathroom .... Anyone know if there is ?

It was kinda nice though it made it like heated floors .... LOL it got down to 40 last night and the floors was kinda cold but with the hot air blowing under the flooring it is kinda nice but some how I doubt that its suppose to do that .... Anyone else ran into this yet ?
Now - THAT IS FUNNY!

My '07 does the same thing (flooring puffys up in front of the sink from the furnace vent blowing), and I always thought it was that the floor glue had just dried out.

No, there is no hidden vent...it is caused by air blowing across the floor at a high pressure.

Guess they never glued it down in the center(?). I cant think of why it would become a problem, but it is odd.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #173

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok I thought it was weird ..... But mine inflates about 2 to 3 in heigh from the front seats all the way to the garage door ... But only when the bathroom vent is closed if its open it don't do it at all .... Weird I know right
Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #174

Thumbs down Where is the "stinky slinky fence post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
I have followed this great thread and stole some great ideas. I installed Steve's trap door to cover the entry stairwell. I plan to employ Dan's "stinky slinky fence post undercarriage storage unit" as well. Thanks, fellas!
Where did you see the above???

Bev and Jay
Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #175

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Also my outlaw came with a water filter and wrench ...... But I can't find where it goes I have contacted the dealer and factory rep but no one can seem to be able to tell me where it is located ........it's not in the area where water pump is nor under the sink or bath room sink or where the hot water tank is or fresh water tank so the only thing I can think is they forgot to install the filter housing ! Anyone else run into this one ?
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #176
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Ok I thought it was weird ..... But mine inflates about 2 to 3 in heigh from the front seats all the way to the garage door ... But only when the bathroom vent is closed if its open it don't do it at all .... Weird I know right
Now, that much lifting is not right...

Is there a furnace vent just behind and centered between the front seats?

When you close the bathroom vent, pressure increases to the other vents and maybe there is air pressure building under the flooring from the front vent in addition to the puffing in the kitchen area that we have(?).

I would remove the front center vent and see if the flooring is lose enough to let air get undrr the floor.

I have furnace vents in the front, under the kitchen cabinets, in the stair to the loft, and in the bathroom. The furnace also feeds anti-freeze vents in many of the bins and one in the garage...but these are low pressure ducts.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #177

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Now, that much lifting is not right...

Is there a furnace vent just behind and centered between the front seats?

When you close the bathroom vent, pressure increases to the other vents and maybe there is air pressure building under the flooring from the front vent in addition to the puffing in the kitchen area that we have(?).

I would remove the front center vent and see if the flooring is lose enough to let air get undrr the floor.

I have furnace vents in the front, under the kitchen cabinets, in the stair to the loft, and in the bathroom. The furnace also feeds anti-freeze vents in many of the bins and one in the garage...but these are low pressure ducts.

From what I can tell the only vent that is in the floor is in the bathroom endless they dint cut out the flooring for the other ones but I can't feel a hole in the floor anywhere all the other vents are under the cabinets and in the stairs

Best luck

From what I can tell the only vent that is in the floor is in the bathroom endless they dint cut out the flooring for the other ones but I can't feel a hole in the floor anywhere all the other vents are under the cabinets and in the stairs
Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #178

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
But if there is suppose to be a vent in the front behind the front seats I bet that's where the problem lies and it is on the same heat run as the one in the bathroom........... But I was surprised that they do not glue the flooring down at all it looks as if it is only attached around the edges
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #179
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
But if there is suppose to be a vent in the front behind the front seats I bet that's where the problem lies and it is on the same heat run as the one in the bathroom........... But I was surprised that they do not glue the flooring down at all it looks as if it is only attached around the edges
Rivers,
You have a 37LS right?
I just reviewed the pictures of a 37LS at MHSRV and see that there is no floor vent in the front, centered behind the front seats...but it has a vent in the kitchen cabinet wall by the door that the 3611 did not have (puts a kink in installing a trap door in the front entryway).

Where are your high pressure furnace vents? Thor may have dumped the floor registers in the main room.

This might be worth a call to Thor Customer Service(?)

Sorry, no easy fix on this one.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #180

Smile

Bev and Jay,

The slinky storage unit is at Dan's blog Hula Hut RV Mods and Changes

He does a really good job documenting the process.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #181

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Far as I can tell the only vents is under the cabinet and in the side wall by entry step and in the rear step going up stairs and in the bath room and under belly has one in the holding tank area but I do appreciate the help in trying to get this figured out I guess ill just add it to the punch list that is getting pretty long ! Lol
Old 09-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post

Now - THAT IS FUNNY!

My '07 does the same thing (flooring puffys up in front of the sink from the furnace vent blowing), and I always thought it was that the floor glue had just dried out.

No, there is no hidden vent...it is caused by air blowing across the floor at a high pressure.

Guess they never glued it down in the center(?). I cant think of why it would become a problem, but it is odd.

Safe travels
This happened to us weekend before last. As our Outlaw is only a month old I was sure something was wrong. I took a video of what happened, emailed it to the service manager at our dealer and asked what we should do. He said that the flooring is not glued down on purpose. Something about it needing to compensate for movement and weather changes. He also told me not to worry about it because it was common and can happen when driving too if you have any kind of gap that needs to be sealed.

I think I saved the email on my laptop and can post precisely what he said if anyone is interested.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw