Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #2465
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes847 View Post
Hi All - I'm about to take the coach into a mechanic so I thought I'd let everyone know what's going on here and see if anyone has any thoughts...

1. When starting the engine, "Check ABS" alarm beeps. No idea where to even start with this one... hoping the mechanic can help.

2. When disengaging the parking brake, "Jacks Down" alarm beeps. I don't believe there is a leak in the lines this time. The motor runs and runs until the breaker pops. I think the electrical component that controls the pump needs to be replaced. It's exposed to road elements and looks pretty bad.

3. Power Steering fluid is leaking. I'm wondering if this is a common issue with the power steering hose in the Workhorse W24 chassis. Looks like it just needs to be replaced. Has this happened to anyone? I can probably order the hose and replace it myself to save some $ but if I'm already taking it into a mechanic maybe it's a better idea to have a pro do the work.
The "Check ABS" indicator is all chassis. It can be anything from a broken or dirty sensor at the wheel hub (a typical issue) to the wiring harness. Specialized maintenance is the best for a proper fix.

The Park Brake and Level Jacks connection is a safety link. The leveling system computer is getting a signal that the jacks are not fully up which causes an alarm and the jacks attempt to emergency retract.
This is an ALL electrical issue, so specialized maintenance is best for a proper fix.

A power steering leak is not so complex. ID the leaking bit and repair or replace it. Of course the Workhorse has big truck bits an pieces, and after repair, you must clean-up and replace the fluid loss...can be a real mess.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2019, 08:24 AM   #2466

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
The "Check ABS" indicator is all chassis. It can be anything from a broken or dirty sensor at the wheel hub (a typical issue) to the wiring harness. Specialized maintenance is the best for a proper fix.

The Park Brake and Level Jacks connection is a safety link. The leveling system computer is getting a signal that the jacks are not fully up which causes an alarm and the jacks attempt to emergency retract.
This is an ALL electrical issue, so specialized maintenance is best for a proper fix.

A power steering leak is not so complex. ID the leaking bit and repair or replace it. Of course the Workhorse has big truck bits an pieces, and after repair, you must clean-up and replace the fluid loss...can be a real mess.

Best luck
Thanks! I always like to try to fix problems myself so it's good to get confirmation that it's time to have a pro take a look.
Wes847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #2467

Nice updates on the bathroom!
Old 03-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #2468

Power issues

First post here but I have been drooling over pictures on this forum for months. I got a problem that even a representative from Thor couldn't help me with that I'm hoping someone here can.

I got a 2013 3611. (Haven't even taken a trip in it yet) I have found that none of the TVs inside the coach have power. Also the 2 outlets in the from of the coach in front of the passenger chair and above it in the overhead compartment for the tv receiver are not receiving power.

All breakers and fuses have appropriate power at the box. The tv in the garage works and the outside tv also works. The microwave even works.

There must be something in between the breaker and those outlets that's interrupting the power. I've even checked to see if there's a GFCI outlet in the basement, heard that somewhere, to no avail.

Any ideas would be wonderful. Thank you everyone.
Romanraiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #2469
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanraiders View Post
First post here but I have been drooling over pictures on this forum for months. I got a problem that even a representative from Thor couldn't help me with that I'm hoping someone here can.

I got a 2013 3611. (Haven't even taken a trip in it yet) I have found that none of the TVs inside the coach have power. Also the 2 outlets in the from of the coach in front of the passenger chair and above it in the overhead compartment for the tv receiver are not receiving power.

All breakers and fuses have appropriate power at the box. The tv in the garage works and the outside tv also works. The microwave even works.

There must be something in between the breaker and those outlets that's interrupting the power. I've even checked to see if there's a GFCI outlet in the basement, heard that somewhere, to no avail.

Any ideas would be wonderful. Thank you everyone.
Look at the inverter...if you have one.
The OEM inverter is NOT a whole house unit. It powers the TV'S and a couple outlets like those in the front.

Some units had no transfer switch, so no through-power when on shore ties...gotta run the inverter to use those things.

There is a separate switch for the inverter and a breaker on the inverter itself.

A simple test is to see if the TV'S get power when not on shore ties. The inverter is taking 12voltDC from the house batteries, and inverts it into 120volts.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:56 PM   #2470

Romanraiders, Scarab is pointing you in the right direction. I was running a vacuum cleaner on the inverter passthrough, and the CB on the inverter itself tripped. In that condition, the circuits you listed will get no power from either shore passthrough nor from the inverter running from battery. The inverter is located behind the access panel under the left side of the wardrobe cabinet. Try resetting that CB. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a dead inverter, or problems with the input power to it. Let us know what you find.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:25 AM   #2471

Exactly what happened to our 2013 3611. . Invertor needed to be reset . Located behind panelAt closet area to left of drawers . Either take panel
Off n reach around back where invertor is or take drawer out . Quick fix IF you know .. had to take ours into shop first time . Second time we called the repair shop and he told us where the invertor was located . I had been vacuuming in garage and breaker popped . Oh and there is a GCFI plug in in the garage at tv and tomthe left of the WD hookup near floor . Happy camping !!
Alaskabev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:19 PM   #2472

Thanks guys! Absolutely worked. Found that button was popped out and pushed it back in, everything has power now.
Romanraiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #2473

Need Help!

Hello everyone from Italy
I'm doing the review of my 2010 3808 outlaw and they say it doesn't brake the rear axle well. I urgently need to know the codes of the rear brake pads and the hub seals (?).
Could someone help me? The visit for the review is Saturday!
Could anyone help me?
Paul
caffenero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #2474

Hi Paul. I don't know anything about your brake codes. Your OTL is on a Freightliner chassis, correct? I think you'd get more answers on this if you posted this chassis-specific question in the Freightliner Chassis forum of irv2.

Or maybe a moderator could move your post for you.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #2475

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Hi Paul. I don't know anything about your brake codes. Your OTL is on a Freightliner chassis, correct? I think you'd get more answers on this if you posted this chassis-specific question in the Freightliner Chassis forum of irv2.

Or maybe a moderator could move your post for you.

I think is Ford F53 chassis (V10 gas engine)

Paul
caffenero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:41 PM   #2476

OK, then same thing, try posting in the Ford chassis forum. Sorry, I think almost all 3808's are with the diesel.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:31 AM   #2477

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It would appear I have gas leaking from somewhere on the top my tank the last two times I have filled up. Would anyone have wisdom on what I should be looking for?
Old 04-05-2019, 01:09 AM   #2478

Hi Scott. Did you have the filler plug recall done for your unit? The fuel tank is actually a dual-fill tank, but was never set up to use from the passenger side. So a rubber plug was placed on that side of the tank where the filler neck would be. But the rubber they used will not resist being degraded by the gasoline, so it eventually fails. When this happens, and the tank is completely filled with fuel, some will leak out thru that bad plug. I have first-hand knowledge of this. I crawled under the coach there and could remove the bad plug with my hand . Get to a WH shop and they should be able to complete the recall for you.

Tags
outlaw