Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #2493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Can anyone answer this...? Was on the roof of my new (to me) 37LS and I see a refrigerator vent near back of the rig but the unit comes with a residential fridge...what gives?
Here is picClick image for larger version

Name:	20190413_223751.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	241893
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 PM   #2494

My guess would be a party fridge set up for later use ?? Wasnt there a newer model that had a huge bedroom and party area instead of garage
Alaskabev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:31 PM   #2495
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
That is the upper vent for the garage aircon.

They don't use that set-up (a typical window aircon built-in to the interior cabinetry) on any other RV that I know of, so there is no standard venting made.

The sidewall vent is a separate bit and together they allow the AirCon to vent to the exterior without letting rain come-in the box around the AirCon itself.

Best luck and safe Outlaw Travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #2496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
That is the upper vent for the garage aircon.

They don't use that set-up (a typical window aircon built-in to the interior cabinetry) on any other RV that I know of, so there is no standard venting made.

The sidewall vent is a separate bit and together they allow the AirCon to vent to the exterior without letting rain come-in the box around the AirCon itself.

Best luck and safe Outlaw Travels
Thanks....our last rig was the 29H Outlaw and it only had the side vent for the garage AC, so would never have thought of the need for 2 vents.
Odd, but good to know...
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #2497

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I need to give a HUGE shout out to @JeffAZ for his post on the gas tank recall. I ordered the part from Ultra and after going in circles with a number of shops I found that Future Chevrolet here in Sacramento is a Workhorse repair and recall center. They installed the part at no charge in about 2 hours and I have no more leaking.
I bet my MPG goes of significantly!
Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #2498

Hey, your welcome Scott, that's what makes this forum so helpful.

Here is another mod I just completed on my first gen OTL. The newer coaches come with this feature and it always looked like a good thing to me, so i finally installed one in my coach. I have installed a cocktail table and it is ready for service. We have beachfront reservations at Puerto Penasco MX the first of May. I think the table will get a good workout there.

I acquired an ITC Sequoia 3 pedestal from Camping World and the tabletop from Amazon. The 24" diameter tabletop has dark wood on one side and light wood (matching my coach) on the opposite. I am pleased with how stable the pedestal is and the ease of deployment. I purposely mounted the pedestal on the tabletop in a slightly non-center position so it can be swiveled.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #2499

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I really like that table, looks great and so functional. You are really improving the neighborhood
Old 04-28-2019, 09:58 AM   #2500

Does my 2013 3611 have a trailer brake controller? Is it integrated in somewhere or do I need to install one?
Romanraiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:31 PM   #2501
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanraiders View Post
Does my 2013 3611 have a trailer brake controller? Is it integrated in somewhere or do I need to install one?
2013 means Ford F53 only under the Class A Outlaw...

So...there is actually two questions needing attention:

*Wiring from cab to bumper and *the electric brake controller itself.

Wiring: Some time about 2013, Ford started adding a wire for a controller that was part of the factory harness. To see if yours has it, look for an extra/unused wire that is bundled with the trailer lights wire group at the rear end. That wire is there to carry the power from a electric brake controller.
If you don't have that/can't find it, a single wire of proper gauge is all that is needed - and the proper plug end at the rear bumper

Controller: No, Ford does not add an integral electric brake controller on this chassis. It is standard on the SuperDuty, and part of that truck's dashboard, but not the RV chassis. So, pick one that you like. It is an easy install if you are a DIY kinda' person.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #2502

Thank you so much
Romanraiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #2503

Thanks, Scott! So this weekend I was able to test out some of the fixes that I performed a few months ago. First I was able to test the added insulation of the doghouse and doghouse surround. I also had pugged a few obvious air leaks in the firewall seams. These became apparent after removing all the old carpet. On Friday I drove across Phoenix for 90 minutes in afternoon rush hour traffic in 100 degree heat (I know, sometimes I'm not very bright). Usually this would overwhelm my dash A/C, causing the fan to run continuously on high. But on this trip the A/C kept me comfortable and I didn't need to keep the fan on its highest setting. So I consider this to be a successful fix. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post4530603

The other fix I could test concerned the generator. At the end of last summer, it would quit working after only 30 minutes, and then not start again for a few hours. After research on these forums and Youtube, I decided to replace the fuel filter and fuel pump and eliminate the redundant extra fuel filter. So after I arrived at my destination in Tempe, I started the generator and both rooftop A/C's (the coach temp was 92). The genset ran perfectly for 5 hours, so I am happy that fix seems to have worked also.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #2504

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
The other fix I could test concerned the generator. At the end of last summer, it would quit working after only 30 minutes, and then not start again for a few hours. After research on these forums and Youtube, I decided to replace the fuel filter and fuel pump and eliminate the redundant extra fuel filter. So after I arrived at my destination in Tempe, I started the generator and both rooftop A/C's (the coach temp was 92). The genset ran perfectly for 5 hours, so I am happy that fix seems to have worked also.

The fuel pump is the weak link for sure. They especially like to fail in higher heat which of course is when someone would need them the most. I have had to change ours 3 times in the 7 years of ownership.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #2505

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanraiders View Post
Look for the wiring harness to interface with a brake contoller (controller you must buy) zip tied near your brake pedal arm or steering wheel shaft. My 2013 has both the connector already wired into the trailer light/brake harness as well as the mating connector with wire pigtails so you do not need to splice into the factory wiring harness.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:36 PM   #2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
The fuel pump is the weak link for sure. They especially like to fail in higher heat which of course is when someone would need them the most. I have had to change ours 3 times in the 7 years of ownership.

Relocated mine last summer (top left of pic) after multiple fails. At least here I can add a wet towel with some ice on top to cool down the pump for a while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180810_145017.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	244055
Noble6047 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw