Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #2703

So while completing this project, I continued my grand tradition of fixing one problem, while concurrently causing another problem. While I was finishing up the wiper motor connections, I dropped a wrench socket from the motor mounting box onto the brittle plastic of the windshield washer reservoir, which bombed a large hole in it

[IMG][/IMG]

I again found the exact replacement on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Wexco-400713-...omotive&sr=1-3
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #2704

While spending all this quality time contorting myself into the limited access of the hood opening of my OTL, I discovered one more problem. The lower attachment of the front cap to the metal structure on the driver side had come loose. In the photo, the fiberglass block that the metal framing member screws to was loose from the wall of fiberglass in front of it. I could wiggle it with my hand. The passenger side didn't look much better, but I couldn't wiggle it. The photo is looking down, as you can see the garage floor.

[IMG][/IMG]

So knowing how little I know about fiberglass, I took my OTL to the local RV repair shop to look at this. They said that they could clean it up and bond new fiberglass in the site to re-establish the contact. He also did the passenger side, so hopefully this is good for another 65k miles
Old 11-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldphart View Post
Thought I'd share a couple pictures of the atlas, cell phone, reading glasses, and cup holder with a pull out desk I just made for the passenger side of my Outlaw. I guess it qualifies as a mod. Ours didn't come with the computer desk on the dash like the newer ones have.

Attachment 77236

Attachment 77237
How can I find a desk like this?
Vintagemx3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #2706

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagemx3h View Post
How can I find a desk like this?
He made that from scratch, so you are going to have pick up some wood and tools and get creative
Old 12-01-2020, 09:17 AM   #2707

Hey guys/gals.......wondering if anyone has put a larger size tire on the front axle? have a 2016 with 255s all around. Just considering this for added stability. I have a SafetyPlus steering stabilizer and while that helped tremendously looking to add a bit more to it.

Appears to be plenty of room upfront to go to a 275 or maybe even bigger. Would this be worth it?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:59 PM   #2708

Sorry Tim, I've never heard of anybody switching to a larger front axle tire size on a class A coach, not really sure of how that would help. Like I said on the other OTL thread, I delivered a bone stock 2008 OTL on a 1500 mile trip last month. That beast drove down the hiway like a dream. Why? I have no idea. Maybe the chassis was assembled on a Tuesday instead of a Friday?

So I have completed an esthetic remake of my rear end. I removed the large, old, dated and faded OTL graphic with the enhanced swirls. Last year I compounded the gelcoat and thought it was looking pretty white. After removing the decals, I could see how wrong I was.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

So this time I used sandpaper, than the compounding paste. I was able to made the white shadows of the removed decals disappear. I left the original Damon Motorcoach script intact for old-school coolness.

So I added the new font OTL script, replaced the flag with a larger one and removed the old Outlawrv. com decal from the bottom. I also added another decal to the lower right for ballance. I think the finished product looks cleaner and more modern.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-11-2020, 10:18 PM   #2709

I also replaced the last (of 4) faded OTL decals from the front passenger side. Now my 2008 OTL is ready for the 2020's. Now on to address some of the side swirl graphics.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-19-2021, 08:05 PM   #2710

Great job

How much would you make one of those for our Outlaw? It looks great and convenient as well?
Chr0medom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:32 PM   #2711

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is there a cabin filter anywhere on the W24 chassis? I couldn't find it looking or reference to it in the manuals.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #2712

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta View Post
Is there a cabin filter anywhere on the W24 chassis? I couldn't find it looking or reference to it in the manuals.
I don't believe there is a cabin filter for the Workhorse.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #2713

I can't believe this is still an issue on new rigs....but I've got a buddy with a 2020 Outlaw who has just been diagnosed with the good ol' Front Quarter-Panelitus.

He's still under full Thor warranty, so a service center is working on it. Thor's guidance to the guy working on it is to "pull the trim and put (12) 3-inch screws in".

I was all fired up with my knowledge gained here and elsewhere, ASSUMING the "right" repair would be the good ol' "drill through and bolt it together" move. BUT.....on the 2020 rig, the construction is different. The trim piece / molding on the outside lines up ABOVE the white panel inside the wheel well. In other words - the back side isn't easily accessible. (Photo from inside 2020 wheelwell attached)

Has anyone in this group dealt with FQP on a newer rig?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelwell.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	324036  
jigou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #2714

Yes, that is really ridiculous that Thor is still producing motorhomes that develop this defect. I mean this is a defect going back to the 2007 model year, and in 14 years they still have not changed the way this part of the the coach is held together, using weak screws that are known to fail?!? Come on Thor, this is not rocket science , very disappointing.

Sorry jigou, I don't know what to tell you about this change in the anatomy that Thor has made which apparently only makes it more difficult to fix frontquarterpanelitis (FQP). (btw, I take credit for coining this word around 2014 ).
Old 04-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #2715

Anyway, I have been doing my annual OTL spring cleaning. I washed the roof and applied 303 protectant to it. Than I polished and waxed the whole coach. I was busy earlier this year removing all the old faded and cracked maroon decals, and have painted new ones over them, using my favorite color of bright red. I used two different types of paint on each side, just to experiment. The drivers side was a much easier technique, but I like the results of both. I also wanted more color on the front and back, so I applied some red racing checkered decals, which kind of goes with the new red accents I painted on the sides. Overall I really like the new look
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #2716

[IMG][/IMG]
Here is a photo from last summer. I also completely removed the circled decal from both sides. I just never liked it, maroon fading into gold. Pretty ugly. The trouble is it had really bled into the gelcoat, and even with a lot of sanding, I could never fully removed it's ghost. So I applied white paint over that, but I'm struggling to get a shade that actually matches the 14 year old white gelcoat.

Surprising to me is that the OEM black decals are holding up pretty well. I thought the black would absorb a lot of sun damage and peel, crack and fade the most, but no. The maroon ones cracked the most, and the gold ones have faded the most. I still like the "diamond plate" decals on the side and wrapped around the front. I'm still deciding what to do with the gold decals, maybe just convert all of them to red.

Tags
outlaw