Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2021, 12:16 AM   #2717

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jeff you did a fantastic job on going over the crappy decals.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #2718

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Yes, that is really ridiculous that Thor is still producing motorhomes that develop this defect. I mean this is a defect going back to the 2007 model year, and in 14 years they still have not changed the way this part of the the coach is held together, using weak screws that are known to fail?!? Come on Thor, this is not rocket science , very disappointing.

Sorry jigou, I don't know what to tell you about this change in the anatomy that Thor has made which apparently only makes it more difficult to fix frontquarterpanelitis (FQP). (btw, I take credit for coining this word around 2014 ).
The GOOD in this that the guy working on it has been doing this stuff for 20+ years (just barely longer than Thor has been screwing this up ) and his business is focused more on repair and service than selling new and used units. He WANTS to do a good job. My buddy is taking his rig back next week to get this fixed - we'll see what they can dream up for repair.

I'm personally left wondering if there's enough of a gap to be able to get some strong construction adhesive down in there before hitting it with the screw job.

And I concur - Jeff, that's an AWESOME update to the look of your Outlaw!
Old 04-08-2021, 01:34 PM   #2719

Thanks guys. It's really just a nocturnal 20/20 paint job (Looks good from 20 feet while driving by at 20 mph at night) but almost anything is an improvement of the old cracked decals. That is one advantage of a older coach, there isn't much you can do to it to dramatically hurt it's value

It was a bit of work, but I really like the way it has brightened up the OTL. I did a lot of research here on iRV2 before proceeding. If anybody wants info on materials and methods just let me know.

jigou, try and keep in the loop on your friends coach and maybe report the particulars back here when it is done.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #2720

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Shower Door Repair, Vanity Light Upgrade

Cheap Fixes:

Shower Door Roller Replacement

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQU3T4K/

Upgraded Vanity Lights to LED... so much better!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YJRC2X6/

Old 04-14-2021, 12:46 PM   #2721

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Keyless Entry Door Lock Replacement

Keyless Entry Door Lock Replacement

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/c...oducts/class-c

Removed the old, had to flatten out the left hand side which was crushed inward a bit from the previous owner.

Filed off some material on the bottom of the pocket to get a few more thou clearance.

Installed, aligned the lockplate and guide depth and was good to go.

Only complaint about it is that the motor for moving the lock is pretty weak. If there is any side load on the bolt it will not open/close.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:24 AM   #2722

Sound like nice upgrades Omerta, but the photos are not coming thru on my end. On my keyless door lock, I find it helpful to push in against the door slightly when activating it. This relieves pressure off the deadbolt to allow the motor to more easily move it.

Tags
outlaw