RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outlaw owners soon to be

Many questions to the Outlaw Owners. We have a TT present considering purchasing an Outlaw been reading your threads. wow seems to have a lot of issues. To Orangepeel did purchase your outlaw at Demartini Rv we went there to test drive a class A it was sold. So we ended up test driving a class C. But didn't like how they bashed the MHS in Texas telling us there product was inferior so I called Thor they stated that was not true. So of course we called several dealers in Cal they were not too pleasant to speak with. So it looks like we will go to Texas to purchase our Outlaw. Your threads have been so informative.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

All Outlaws come off the same line in Elkhart. It is 1 of 5 plants that Thor is now operating. Too bad Demartini was bad mouthing MHSRV, but there is 1 point that should be known...a local dealer purchase "could" be easier for warranty work at your local dealer. Members here have had dealers turn them away if the new RV was sold elsewhere. But a quick call to TMC would correct that

The fact is that MHSRV has been the #1 TMC dealer in America for sales by volume for over 2 years that I am aware of. That is because they are the CostCo/Sam's of RV sales...low profit off-set by high volume. This is not a guarantee that the final costs will be lower (gotta add the costs of coming home from near Dallas), but knowledge is power.

If you buy away from your area dealer, a couple days spend there to check over the RV at the time of purchase is a very good idea...it just starts with the PDI. You can hold the purchase tranfer until they fix stuff. And MHSRV has an on-site RV lot just for this kind of pick-up.

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Steve great info, but anywhere from us is a distance we are located 45 miles from Yosemite way out there. Will probably go from Texas to Alabama to visit hubby's familia.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We'll keep reading treads to learn.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Steve, I see you belong to the Damon Owners Club is that the same for the Thor Outlaw Owners Club.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Steve, I see you belong to the Damon Owners Club is that the same for the Thor Outlaw Owners Club.
These "Clubs" on iRV2 are not really active groups of people, but more like banners that members can use to ID the Forums we follow.

Join any that you wish.

Thor acquired Damon several years ago and the brands merged in 2010 when the Damon brand was dropped and Thor Motor Coach (TMC) was created. TMC is all motorized RV's which is over 20 models from the old Damon, Four Winds, and Mandalay Luxury Coach, plus the few models that Thor sold before the mergers.
http://thormotorcoach.com/company.php

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #8

I am from Indiana and could not Find the 2015 Outlaw 3712MD any where local. We were just about to purchase from MHSRV but I decided to call Thor first to see if they could find the model we wanted locally. Thor told us this. MHSVR brought the Outlaw back to life basically. Without them buying and selling what they have the local dealers would not even have this coach to sell. They also said that it is true that local dealers will turn you away if you purchase from MHSRV becasue they cant compete with there 25% of MSRP. So Thor helped me find a dealer that would order my coach for me and they sold it to me at cost. WOW! what a deal that was. Im glad I made the call to Thor. Cant be happier with Thor.
Evileyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #10

Badlands, I responded to your post in another thread as well. Could you tell me the name of who you spoke to at DeMartini please. We have met one of the owners of DeMartini our last service visit and I think he would like to know about one of their sales people pulling that kind of crap.

When I bought from them I showed them my written quote from MHSRV and they didn't bad mouth, they tried to meet the price. They got very close and when we added up the cost to fly to Texas, the cost of fuel to drive back and added up our time cost we found DeMartini to be the better deal for us.

Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote