Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1

Owners of the Tuscany XTE

I have a Tuscany XTE 34' would be interested in comments from other XTE owners.
Thanks, Dave
McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGalliard01 View Post
I have a Tuscany XTE 34' would be interested in comments from other XTE owners.
Thanks, Dave
Since there's been no replys yet, I would like to say... these Tuscany's are beautiful!

I personally favor the 36MQ and 40EX for the layout in the salon with fireplaces and the bath and a half in the EX, but with king beds in all models, they are awesome.

Congrats on the coach and hope you enjoy

There's a perspective buyer here if interested in commenting:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/new-...on-185427.html

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Since there's been no replys yet, I would like to say... these Tuscany's are beautiful!

I personally favor the 36MQ and 40EX for the layout in the salon with fireplaces and the bath and a half in the EX, but with king beds in all models, they are awesome.

Congrats on the coach and hope you enjoy

There's a perspective buyer here if interested in commenting:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/new-...on-185427.html

Safe travels
We have just bought our first Thor product 2013 Tuscany XTE . From what I can tell they are a good product . They are good quality and the best bang for the buck.
Ken
Kenc1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #4

We have a 2013 tuscany 42wx that we like a lot.
lowtiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #5

Tuscany XTE

Sitting in our 2014 Tuscany 36mQ at MHSRV. Tomorrow I i am going to take my class B drivers license test and then we head home to San Antonio. So far this has been a wonderful experience. The motor home is fantastic and MHSRV is the best!
Joerpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #6

We have a 40' Tuscany XTE and have really enjoyed it. I did make one VERY expensive mistake. I didn't get it 100% fully winterized and froze the valve on the back of the fridge and the valve/pump in the washer. Oops. $1,500 oops. That fridge is a BEAR to get out.

But that's been truly the only negative. A few things to remember:
1) Dump the air before putting down the jacks and extending the slides. Screwed that up a couple of times. Wish it was automatic.
2) It ain't winterized until you have pink stuff in the drum of the washer (both hot and cold cycles, please) and in the ice cube tray.
3) Check the trim on the slides (insides) and trim pieces around where the slide comes in. I had a lose trim piece that crunched when it came loose and I didn't notice it. No biggie.
4) Somebody should be shot for where they put the winterize valves on the water pump!!!!

Other than that, smooth sailing and easy living.

Niel Powers
2012 Tuscany XTE
Kerrville, TX
Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #7

Hi all- Have had a 2013 tuscany 45lt now for a few months- love the space and room, it is very spacious - in fact the most coach you can probably get- - love the cummins and freight liner packaged together- very nice ride and tons of power- ( I had a monaco dynasty before this and its road master chassis was horrible riding like being in a tractor) now there are some issues thus far
with the coach but from what people say is they all have issues- nothing to major though - a bad driver side mirror- vacuum went out- sliding door to bedroom wont stay shut- Thor has been great to fix all and take care of everything- also freight liner has been perfect in a few small repairs they have done-
as far as quality and craftsmanship- its medium-some things are installed crooked - lots of low grade material used through- out- but also keep in mind its about 50 grand cheaper then its competitors - hands down- for me this was worth it- I didn't want to buy somebodies old used motorhome that smelt funny and looked wore out- and has a boring floor plan. I wanted new- 0 miles- and I being the one who wears it out- for the used prices of high end wore out stuff I bought tuscany brand new- I have a bath in a half- midship tv with L shape couch- 3 ac- cummins 450- all the important stuff is in the Tuscany- if you got 280k to 400k to spend- then there is better-
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
ISL 360/800 ft/lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenc1325 View Post
We have just bought our first Thor product 2013 Tuscany XTE . From what I can tell they are a good product . They are good quality and the best bang for the buck.
Ken
We just made an offer on a 2014 36MQ and the dealer accepted - love the coach but my only concern was the 360HP ISL with 800Ft/Lb Torque -seems light. I had an 08 Monaco Knight ISC 360 with 1050ft/lbs. It was - OK climbing steep grades but a bit of a strain on occasion - did maintain 40mph which is OK by me but I am concerned taking it up steeper grades like we may find out west - Guess the question is - should I be concerned? We did have a Lincoln MKS which was heavy but the Monaco seemed to do OK. We will look for a lighter tow with this coach.
Thanks!!

Mike Scully
mscully103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #9

I don't think you'll have any problem. We have the 40' version with the same engine and pull a Cadillac SRX - no lightweight that. Yeah, we're slow up the mountain passes in Colorado, but nothing scary. Without the car it really scoots.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #10

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscully103 View Post
We just made an offer on a 2014 36MQ and the dealer accepted - love the coach but my only concern was the 360HP ISL with 800Ft/Lb Torque -seems light. I had an 08 Monaco Knight ISC 360 with 1050ft/lbs. It was - OK climbing steep grades but a bit of a strain on occasion - did maintain 40mph which is OK by me but I am concerned taking it up steeper grades like we may find out west - Guess the question is - should I be concerned? We did have a Lincoln MKS which was heavy but the Monaco seemed to do OK. We will look for a lighter tow with this coach.
Thanks!!

Mike Scully
We have the 40 XTE with 360hp with a Lincoln MKX even though I haven`t towed yet i can`t see having too much problem with it. prior to this one we had a 36ft gas and it climbed the rockies just fine mind you we wern`t towing at the time. But I was impressed on how well the Ford V10 handled the mountians. So I am expecting a lot more out of this 360 diesel. Best of luck on your adventure but I am planning on keeping my MKX.
Ken
Kenc1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #11

Love the Tuscany 40EX layout. Drives like a dream compared to our older 36' HR Neptune. Looking for help to get House Batteries to charge off the Engine while driving. Also suggest new owners check kitchen drawers for solid latching. Ours all pop out on the first rock or turn. I have installed magnetic hidden Baby Locks on them and they do just fine now. Getting over 9mpg pulling Jeep Liberty.
Eugene2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #12

engine power concerns

We have the tuscany XTE and I was concerned about the the power. We just completed a trip to the Catskills in NY and into Vermont pulling a 4000lb trailer from NC. The 6.7 is fine, on the interstates I travel at auto speeds and make the same time as an auto. For hard climbs I use the transmission, the climb over the ski area in Vermont I used third and maintained a speed of about 50mph on Fancy Gap I used fourth. My mpg varied from 9.4 to 9.6.
It is a great little engine and should pull 5000lb with any trouble.

Dave
McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
I have the same coach and pulled a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport on and 18' Big Tex car hauler without any problems. Without a brake controller. I have since installed the electric brake controler so that should help the stopping power.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote