RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #1

Paint for 2015 Thor ACE 30.1 (Harmony Graphics)

I am looking to match the paint on our 2015 ACE 30.1. The coach has the Harmony HD exterior which is fiberglass with decal graphics. However, the bumper is painted steel. The bumper matches the body color. I'm looking for the manufacturer of the paint and the paint color code. I'd like to paint an accessory that mounts to the trailer hitch and would like it to match the bumper. Anyone know how to get the paint colors?

Thor sent me the graphics, but that does not have the paint color. When I called Thor service/parts, they indicated the ACE comes painted from Mor/ryde (before body assembly).

I've got an e-mail off to Mor/ryde, but thought someone on here may have the information.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015 ACE Harmony Graphics.pdf (485.0 KB, 151 views)

cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe Thor uses Sikkens paint. I'm not sure about the decal over fiberglass finishes, but on full paint coaches there is a label in one of the bedroom closets with the paint codes. You should be able to get the paint closely matched by a good automobile body & paint shop.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

take the furnace cover off your RV and bring it to a body shop, they can match it with just about any brand paint if they are any good and mix their own paint. I did this and got my trailer paint. perfect match.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #4

Thanks Thorchini! Good Idea!
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You should have the paint codes listed on a data sheet somewhere in your coach. Mine in my Challenger is in the bedroom closet. Plus I received bottles of touch up paint with the coach.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
You should have the paint codes listed on a data sheet somewhere in your coach. Mine in my Challenger is in the bedroom closet. Plus I received bottles of touch up paint with the coach.
We also received bottles of touch up paint with paint codes on them. It also has the name of the company that painted it.

Tags
paint, thor