Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #1

Palazzo 33.1 33.2 or 33.3 Pros and Cons

I am researching these 3 models trying to figure out which will be best for us.

I have a concern that I would like members to tell me if I am way off base or if some others think the same.

33.1 I like the simplicity of the LV slide. There is only 12v wires running into the shorter slide.

33.2 My gal would love the W/D and once I am ready to buy one and she knows this is an option .. this pro and con session is over. It will be the 33.2.

My concern with the 33.2 is with all of the utilities being a part of the slide:

The hot and cold water supply hoses (W/D and sink), the grey water return (W/D and sink), the 110 volt supply to the W/D, Frig, Micro, TV, and the gas supply to the stove. (and cable tv for the tv). (and all of the weight compared to the small slide in the 33.1)

Am I wrong being concerned with this? I might just feel better with all of the aforementioned being in a permanent location as with the 33.1

33.3 I love the bunks and would use them for many purposes. I might vote for this model over the 33.2 but my gal would probably vote for the 33.2. (there are less utilities in this slide than in the 33.2 slide.)

All of your thoughts are welcome. Once again, I love all three of them and would be happy with any of them. The Palazzo is an incredible deal.
furlowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It all boils down to what fits your lifestyle best. I have only seen the 33.2 besides my 33.1. Actually on the bedroom slide you have 110 v outlets.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #3

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply to my question.

Yep, I noticed that the 33.1 BR slide had 110v power ... and the LV slide in the 33.1 only has power. I really like that about the 33.1. (I didn't like the 4 slides in many of the models like the Tiffen RED.)

Curious, what made you choose the 33.1 vs. the 33.2 or 33.3? Did you not want a w/d or the bunks? Both of these models have more interior space/storage due to the longer LR slide.

Did you want the simplicity in the LR slide ... or do you like the long kitchen on the right side and the long living room with all the windows on the left side?
furlowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very simple, when I bought the 33.1 last May it was the only model available.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
At first my wife was in favor of the 33.2 but I did not care for the shower in the same area as the lavatory and all those utilities on a big slide. After weighing the benefits of the separate shower she agreed and after using it several times she has remarked how happy she is with this arrangement.

I did not look at the cost but expect the 33.2and .3 are more expensive.

A potential inconvenience is access to the utility bay with the big slide open.

I have not been in one with the overhead bunk to know if head clearance is an issue. In mine I like the forward cabinets over the driver area even though I have banged my head on the a few times. So with the bunk you would be losing that storage space. If you really need more sleep space keep in mind both couch and dinette convert.

Best to spend some time in each going through the motions of what you would do while staying in it. Our travels will be with only one small dog so are very satisfied with the layout and features of the 33.1
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #6

We ordered the 33.3... it will be used more as a (game station) play area for our two boys. As well as sleeping for guests overflow. Our kids are 6 and 9, we are thinking that we will take friends along with us for long weekends. Right now we are just weekenders and vacationers.

People have used the bunks as storage for other things as well... you can do lots of things with this space. If need to, Im sure you can also fit a W/D for future install.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #7

We selected the 33.1 because it fit our current life style. We have Kids, Grandkids, and friends to join us for a weekend therefore I was not too interested in their comfort…it will work for a weekend.

We love the large living/kitchen area and the separate shower area that can be closed off with the door to the toilet making a large bath and changing area.

It all boils down to your preference.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
In mine I like the forward cabinets over the driver area even though I have banged my head on the a few times. So with the bunk you would be losing that storage space.
The 33.2 also has the overhead cabinets in the drivers space, they are attached to the bottom of the bunk. They lower down when the bunk lowers down, so you arent giving up any space. I'm 6' 4" and there is actually pretty good head space in the overhead bunk. Certainly not like you are sleeping with your nose 6" from the ceiling.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #9

The 33.3 has a much smaller pass through storage because the entry door is farther back. My parents went with the 33.2 over the 33.1 because the longer slide opens the coach up more, and they wanted the washer/dryer. Having couches on opposite sides is also nice for entertaining and talking.
rdalcanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #10

Anyone know how much the load rating is for the top bunk in the 33.3?
Murphsfromaz is offline   Reply With Quote