Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #435

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pressure is ok but not great using the pump. Plenty of hot water. If you are putting it in the gray tank watch the level. The shower will be where it overflows. You do want water in the gray tank to flush out your dump hose after the black tank dump. If hooked to city water best to use a regulator.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #436

photoguy1313 - Try doing it manually. It is in the directions and it works very well. It also tells you how to calibrate however I waited until we visited Thor and let them do it. My wife and I recommend visiting Thor. Great people and very helpful.

We love our 33.2!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #437

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Noticed that there are no mud guards on these Palazzo's. No one has them or needs them for toad protection?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #438

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
GREAT looking rig !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #439

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Hooked up to city water there is no problem.
We did two days of dry camping with no big difference. Went into "navy shower" mode and were careful washing dishes (go with paper if dry camping).
I found that the pump water pressure is pretty good.
Not pleased with our city water pressure. Going to take the shower head off to see if there's junk in the fixture.
I've found that if you leave the gray tank valve open during long term camping and close the day before departure, there's enough water to flush the hose. After a long term camp I do a black tank flush anyway.
I have an adjustable pressure regular for city water. Would be interested to know what pressure everyone is running. Water panel says 100 psi max.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #440

Mud Guards

I bought one and cut it down. Palazzo sits lower that my other coach. I also put on a pair of the metal training wheels so I could get in my drive way.

We love our coach!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #441

Awning Recall may affect 2013 Palazzo built Feb. 13 - April 9

Forwarded from RV Pro Magazine

Four Major RV Manufacturers Recalling 2013 Units for Possible Awning Problem

By: RV PRO Staff
Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jayco is recalling certain model year 2013-14 Eagle Premiere, Jay Feather Ultra Lite, Jay Flight, Jay Flight Swift, Octane, and White Hawk; model year 2013 Eagle, Eagle HT, Jay Flight Bungalow, Jay Flight Destination, Pinnacle, Redhawk and Seismic; and model year 2014 Precept RVs.

In those vehicles, if the awning installation sequence is not completely followed, the awning motor may unknowingly become damaged. If motor damage occurs, it is possible that the awning can unfurl unexpectedly, either while the motorhome is at rest or while in transit, increasing the risk of personal injury or a vehicle crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
For its part, Keystone RV Co. is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 recreational trailers equipped with Dometic 9100 Power Awnings or Weather Pro awnings, awning serial numbers 306xxxx through 314xxxx, manufactured between Feb. 13 through April 9. The recall is related to possible problems with the awning, the NHTSA said.
Likewise, Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Challenger, Four Winds 5000, Hurricane, Chateau, Chateau Sport, and Windsport; model year 2013 Palazzo and Four Winds Siesta and model year 2014 Majestic motorhomes manufactured Feb. 13 through April 9. That recall also is related to possible problems with the awning.
Finally, Winnebago Industries is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Winnebago Access, Aspect, Sightseer, Vista, Adventurer, Forza and Itasca Impulse, Cambria, Sunova, Sunstar, Suncruiser motorhomes manufactured Feb. 20, 2013, through April 25, 2013. Again, the recall is related to possible problems with the awning, the NHTSA reported.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #442

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Anyone received anything on this issue?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #443

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Palazzo Duraflap

About to bite the bullet on a mud flap for our Palazzo.
Anyone have the Duraflap installed with the Palazzo logo.
Would love to see a picture of your install.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #444

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think that mine was built within the dates mentioned but I have not received anything about the recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCruzer View Post
Forwarded from RV Pro Magazine

Four Major RV Manufacturers Recalling 2013 Units for Possible Awning Problem

By: RV PRO Staff
Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jayco is recalling certain model year 2013-14 Eagle Premiere, Jay Feather Ultra Lite, Jay Flight, Jay Flight Swift, Octane, and White Hawk; model year 2013 Eagle, Eagle HT, Jay Flight Bungalow, Jay Flight Destination, Pinnacle, Redhawk and Seismic; and model year 2014 Precept RVs.

In those vehicles, if the awning installation sequence is not completely followed, the awning motor may unknowingly become damaged. If motor damage occurs, it is possible that the awning can unfurl unexpectedly, either while the motorhome is at rest or while in transit, increasing the risk of personal injury or a vehicle crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
For its part, Keystone RV Co. is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 recreational trailers equipped with Dometic 9100 Power Awnings or Weather Pro awnings, awning serial numbers 306xxxx through 314xxxx, manufactured between Feb. 13 through April 9. The recall is related to possible problems with the awning, the NHTSA said.
Likewise, Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Challenger, Four Winds 5000, Hurricane, Chateau, Chateau Sport, and Windsport; model year 2013 Palazzo and Four Winds Siesta and model year 2014 Majestic motorhomes manufactured Feb. 13 through April 9. That recall also is related to possible problems with the awning.
Finally, Winnebago Industries is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Winnebago Access, Aspect, Sightseer, Vista, Adventurer, Forza and Itasca Impulse, Cambria, Sunova, Sunstar, Suncruiser motorhomes manufactured Feb. 20, 2013, through April 25, 2013. Again, the recall is related to possible problems with the awning, the NHTSA reported.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #445

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Hooked up to city water there is no problem.
We did two days of dry camping with no big difference. Went into "navy shower" mode and were careful washing dishes (go with paper if dry camping).
I found that the pump water pressure is pretty good.
Not pleased with our city water pressure. Going to take the shower head off to see if there's junk in the fixture.
I've found that if you leave the gray tank valve open during long term camping and close the day before departure, there's enough water to flush the hose. After a long term camp I do a black tank flush anyway.
I have an adjustable pressure regular for city water. Would be interested to know what pressure everyone is running. Water panel says 100 psi max.
I run 40 a 50 psi and water pressure is fine. 100 psi is higher than my stick house, I wouLd not go over 60 in the coach.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #446

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
I think that mine was built within the dates mentioned but I have not received anything about the recall.
I may have misinterpreted the dates of manufacture. Since mine is a 2013 I was reading the dates to be built in 2012 rather than 2013. That probably explains why I haven't received any recall.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #447

Fleetwood Owners Club
Exhaust fan in Inverter cabinet didn't shut off.

After driving about 35 miles, I drove my 2014 36.1 into our shop - let the engine idle for a few minutes - then turned the engine off. I heard a noise from the right rear. I opened the cabinet and found a small (4" x 4") fan running. It wasn't the inverter's fan, it was attached to the firewall and blowing air from the inverter cabinet out to the rear. I thought it was to cool the inverter space and so I left it running thinking it would eventually shut off. I went out to the shop two hours later and it was still running. During those two hours, the outside temp had gone from about 70 down to 50 which was reflected by an inverter that was now cold. The inverter was still charging the batteries. I didn't want that fan running all night so I pressed the battery disconnect switch (inside the door to the coach) and the fan stopped (along with any other 12v items of course).

When I get up in the morning I'll turn on the disconnect switch and see if the fan is still running. Until then, if anyone has a clue as to why it kept running, please let me know. I'll post again in the a.m.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #448

Mud guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Noticed that there are no mud guards on these Palazzo's. No one has them or needs them for toad protection?
Do a search for mud flaps, some posts there
Closed Thread