Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #1

Palazzo water pressure regulator

This weekend I plumbed or installed an adjustable water pressure regulator (with the gauge) in my wet bay. After installation I started to fill my fresh water tank and noticed that pressure only was around 20 - 22 PSI. I was filling from a home spigot. I checked a couple of the other settings on my coach fill adjustments, city water etc and the most water pressure I ever got to was about 40 PSI. I adjusted it both to the + and also to the - and never got above
the 40. I adjusted the regulator by turning the little brass screw on top the grey looking turning knob like thing. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I assume that my water pressure at home is more that 40 PSI. Is that a wrong assumption? Any help would be appreciated.

We love our coach!!!
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
First off, water pressure regulators should be installed at the spigot protecting the water supply hose along with everything attached to the RV.

However, you may do as you wish.

Next, not all adjustable water pressure regulators are the same quality. I don't know exactly what you have nor how it works so I can't help you there.

I recommend water pressure regulators purchased from the Water Filter Store specifically the Watts brand.

RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #3

what model regulator do you have... they all have a range that they only work in, so yours maybe topped off at 40psi?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #4

It is the valterra adjustable Ao1-1117VP
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #5

seems like your model tops off at 45psi... 3 factors, water pressure has to be greater the 40psi, the regulator itself maybe out of calibration, the gauge is out of calibration... really no trick in a regulator...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water