RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Passenger side exterior camera buit in mirror failure

Anyone know where I can get another camera for my right side mirror?

Turn on the right turn signal and all I get is a rolling snow picture.

It worked fine until I took into a colder environment.

Sorry for all of the failure postings but that'
s they way THOR builds things. My first and LAST Thor product but I'm dealing with it for now and I'm grateful for what I have.

Thanks.
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You don't say what brand your mirrors are, but if they are by chance Velvac, have checked all of the connections?

I don't own a Thor, but on my coach there is of course a connection behind the monitor. There is another one in my front cap where the mirror is attached to the coach. This one is a screw to tighten type of connector and could have possibly loosened.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Sorry. I don't know the brand. I don't see a name anywhere on the exterior.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Okay I understand, but whatever the brand of mirrors you have they all should have at least the two connection points that I mentioned. That way if someone should hit something and knock off a mirror, they can find a connection somewhere close to the mounting point on the front cap.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:18 AM   #5

2015 ACE 29.3 has Velvac mirrors, may be the same for yours. The wires on mine:

From display in dash to camera selector switch in dash accessible through the removable panel above steering wheel. RCA to RCA.

Each camera is attached to the selector switch via cable with a Voyager 4 pin connector.

There is probably another connection point at the mirror to allow mirror removal as BobGed said. I haven't taken that connection apart yet.

If you have a loose connection, it is probably not in the cable from the switch to the in dash screen as you would have the issue with all cameras. May be in the cables from the switch to the camera.

Have not figured out how to remove the mirror yet. Mine is a little loose, would like to tighten it up some.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:51 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplewide View Post
2015 ACE 29.3 has Velvac mirrors, may be the same for yours. The wires on mine:

From display in dash to camera selector switch in dash accessible through the removable panel above steering wheel. RCA to RCA.

Each camera is attached to the selector switch via cable with a Voyager 4 pin connector.

There is probably another connection point at the mirror to allow mirror removal as BobGed said. I haven't taken that connection apart yet.

If you have a loose connection, it is probably not in the cable from the switch to the in dash screen as you would have the issue with all cameras. May be in the cables from the switch to the camera.

Have not figured out how to remove the mirror yet. Mine is a little loose, would like to tighten it up some.
I finally found the model number from the mirror. After I got everything together and sent an email to the manufacturer the camera started working again.

Tags
camera