I experienced some spontaneous cracks in the rear corners of our 2014 Thor Outlaw 37MD. These happened progressively over a 2 week period while the MH has been continually parked for the winter in our private drive.
There have been no accidents.
I was notified by the Moderator that this seems to be a fairly common and increasing observation by other IRV2-Thor members. I am aware of Thor Industries denying any responsibility for this manufacturing defect.
See these posts:
I am going to take the lead on this, gathering names and info on the circumstances of these events, and I will submit it not only to Thor, but also to the FMCA and other MH magazine, asking for their assistance in resolving an obvious manufacturing flaw.
The list is what will give us clout in pursuing our claims -- even if you resolved the issue yourself with your own time and money!
I will need the following information, which you can send to me by PM or directly by email to email@example.com
1. Owner's name
2. Year and model of your Thor
3. Your email address
4. Do you still own the coach?
5. A brief description of the damage and the circumstances of when you noticed the cracking, plus any other relevant information.
6. Did you attempt to contact Thor Industries directly about the cracking? If so, what was their response?
7. Did you attempt to contact a Thor dealer or other RV dealership to address the problem. If so, what was their assessment?
I hope we can get at least 10 people to respond to give some oomph to this issue.
No doubt further details will be required, but I think this is a basic load of info to launch a campaign.
I will report periodically on how this is progressing, as well as in which magazine/s this will be posted, as well as any interactions with Thor Industries.
Feel free to contact me directly with questions. Suggestions and advice are also welcomed.