Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #1

We did it!!!!!

We have been reading the posts for quite a while now. You guys are awesome with all the info you offer.

We are officially moving to the Class A group tomorrow morning when we pick up our 2007 Hurricane 34B. It is a gently used 8 months old ....just about brand new. We have been camping in a 30ft TT for 6 years. We saw the Hurricane in February at a show and loved it. We met our seller by chance while camping in the spring and stopped to talk about how he liked the coach. He mentioned at the time of changes in family plans and that he might be thinking of selling.....we gave him our number!!

Neither of us being in a rush kept in touch the past 2 months. We tested out a number of bunkhouse models, read almost every post and worked with dealers in the area to see what the best price was we could get on new one. We found out that it all comes down to what a person wants. Do you like the rig?

Being that there are no used 34Bs out there, we had a hard time determining a fair price. We finally determined what we thought was a fair price to us using wholesale and retail NADA and the best new price we could negotiate. Again, it comes down to what it is worth to you. We made an offer and negotiated a little more and will be bringing home an almost new MH for a lot less than a new one.

We are so excited!!!
campingmanswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #2

We did it!!!!!

We have been reading the posts for quite a while now. You guys are awesome with all the info you offer.

We are officially moving to the Class A group tomorrow morning when we pick up our 2007 Hurricane 34B. It is a gently used 8 months old ....just about brand new. We have been camping in a 30ft TT for 6 years. We saw the Hurricane in February at a show and loved it. We met our seller by chance while camping in the spring and stopped to talk about how he liked the coach. He mentioned at the time of changes in family plans and that he might be thinking of selling.....we gave him our number!!

Neither of us being in a rush kept in touch the past 2 months. We tested out a number of bunkhouse models, read almost every post and worked with dealers in the area to see what the best price was we could get on new one. We found out that it all comes down to what a person wants. Do you like the rig?

Being that there are no used 34Bs out there, we had a hard time determining a fair price. We finally determined what we thought was a fair price to us using wholesale and retail NADA and the best new price we could negotiate. Again, it comes down to what it is worth to you. We made an offer and negotiated a little more and will be bringing home an almost new MH for a lot less than a new one.

We are so excited!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations!!! I am sure you will enjoy it immensely.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome campingmanswife to irv2.
Congrats on your new purchase many safe and happy miles.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
Will add you to the forum if you like.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
campingmanswife, CONGRATS!!

Good luck and post often - Glenn
Old 07-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Welcome to iRV2.com. You got yourself a nice HURRICANE .
This is a great site for loads of info and tips.
Where is your first trip going to be to?
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #7

Enjoy...

W
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #8

Congrats on a great MH!! I own the same model so if you have any specific questions, do not hesitate to ask...

Owen
owheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #9

Congrats on the new MH.You will find that there is a lot of value in the Hurricane.We just toured the factory a few weeks ago and it was a great tour.I saw first hand how these things are put together and was impressed.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #10

Wish you all the best with the ne MH. We purchased a 04 Challenger with 12k from a dealer and negotiated an extended warranty. My first suggestion is look into this. 2nd week out the rear ac unit died and the warranty put $903 into it already. Our 96 Vectra had over $6000 in repairs in 3 years. I;m not real big on extended warranties but it really makes sense on these things.

Happy Travels
Mark Nichols
Old 08-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STONEDADDY:
Wish you all the best with the ne MH. We purchased a 04 Challenger with 12k from a dealer and negotiated an extended warranty. My first suggestion is look into this. 2nd week out the rear ac unit died and the warranty put $903 into it already. Our 96 Vectra had over $6000 in repairs in 3 years. I;m not real big on extended warranties but it really makes sense on these things.

Happy Travels
Mark Nichols </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with the extented warranty . I paid $3,700 for 7 years or 84,000 miles on my 2006 THOR HURRICANE the same day I bought the new coach with 800 miles on odometer.
I hope you are enjoying your m/h. It has paid out a few times , Glad I when with the warranty.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #12

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes. We just came back from our maiden voyage and it was great! ! ! We love it.

We went back to the campground where we were seasonals in our TT for the past 5 years. What a different way to camp. Everyone was so excited for us. We had visitors all weekend long. The 34B blew everyone away with the huge amount of room and the bunks. It was great.

We are going out to 2 local campgrounds in over the next few weeks and then in September out to Campers Village by Cedar Point. Traveling in this RV is as much fun as the destination.

Also, thanks for the info on the extended warranty. The seller had purchased a 5 years/60K miles transferrable warranty that was part of the sale. I am glad to hear they are worth the $$$$. I had heard that they frequently did not pay out on claims. We are also still covered under the original 12 months warranty for another 3 months. So far everything in the motorhome worked fine.

Thanks again for you all your help.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #13

All you need now is to put on some iRV2.Com decals on front and rear for all TO SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Also post pic's for all to see your new M/H