RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

Pictures of Bug Screen for 37RB

Looking for pictures of the bug screen that covers the large garage door/ramp opening.

When we purchased ours it was to include the screen but it was not present when we picked up the RV. Dealer said no problem they would ship it to us.

Well last night a large box was delivered and I was suspicious. This morning I opened it to discover 3 sliding screen doors for the door from bedroom to garage

Waiting to hear back from the dealer.

In the mean time I've tried looking up the part on Lipperts page with no luck.

Pics and or a part number would be very helpful.

Thanks

HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #2

I have just learned that my coach was not built to accommodate the rear bug screen.

Thor changed a few months after mine was built to work with the screen.

So basically i am out of luck for a factory option and will have to look into something home built.

Thanks

Old 02-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe the screen is a new option for the LS and RB. (Edit) Oops...see above.

Several here have added aftermarket models - like Focker (Scott) and Mike Bachman.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I got ours from this guy, his name is Frank and the quality is very good: Garage Door Screens for Residential and Commercial ApplicationsGarage Door Screens
Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
I got ours from this guy, his name is Frank and the quality is very good: Garage Door Screens for Residential and Commercial ApplicationsGarage Door Screens
Someone else told me about them in another thread. I checked their site and prices are very reasonable and looks like what I was expecting Thor to offer.

I'll take some measurements and get one ordered.

Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:22 PM   #6

Here's a crazy thought: I see there is a really nice pull down screen for the Newmar Canyon Star toy hauler. I think their rear door opening is the same size as the Thor, so I wonder if you could order just the roll up/down part and retrofit it to the Outlaw?
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't believe the Newmar screen would fit...too short. And Newmar does just like TMC, installs premade systems.

Here's a maker:
SportScreen - Stoett Industries

Here's a reseller:
Retractable Screen Doors - Retractable Screen Systems - StowAway - Panorama - PanoramaLite - SportScreen - Centor - ScreenEze

Will fit...from the website:
Housing Canister
The 3" SportScreen housing canister (2.799"D x 2.895"H) can accommodate openings up to 120” (10 feet) in width and 108” (9 feet) in height. The vertical railing system is 1.643"W x .502”D. The weight bar is 1.750”H x .875"D.
We are not affiliated.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #8

Looks interesting but I think I'll go with the first link. It's just a nice, simple screen.

Lots of good ideas here tho, thanks
Old 02-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Don't believe the Newmar screen would fit...too short. And Newmar does just like TMC, installs premade systems.

Will fit...from the website:
Housing Canister
The 3" SportScreen housing canister (2.799"D x 2.895"H) can accommodate openings up to 120” (10 feet) in width and 108” (9 feet) in height. The vertical railing system is 1.643"W x .502”D. The weight bar is 1.750”H x .875"D.
Looks like that Stoett is shown on the Newmar, but with a max height of 9', it's likely too short for the Outlaw.

Didn't Dav5942 see the new screen at the Tampa show? Can you describe it? Was it a rolling screen or the velcro/snap type?
Old 02-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Looks interesting but I think I'll go with the first link. It's just a nice, simple screen.

Lots of good ideas here tho, thanks
FYI, saw a pic of a couple camped at a lake with some noseeum netting snapped along the top of the garage. Very simple.

These guys have the netting and for 123" x 13' it's $78. They also sell the marine grade snaps.

https://www.mosquitocurtains.com/sto...o-netting.html
Old 02-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
Looks like that Stoett is shown on the Newmar, but with a max height of 9', it's likely too short for the Outlaw.

Didn't Dav5942 see the new screen at the Tampa show? Can you describe it? Was it a rolling screen or the velcro/snap type?
Just for discussion, since Harley seems to be going with the hanging style...
Isn't the GenII Outlaws garage door/ramp/deck 88" wide and 100" tall?
That's not too tall for the Stoett's 109" max.

And FWIW...
We didn't go with a screen because we got the Dometic screen room that fits and is affordable. Here's the "Outlawz" Bloggers pictures (much better than my pics):
Xtend-A-Room €“ Toy Hauler Patio | RV Outlawz

Best luck and safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Just for discussion, since Harley seems to be going with the hanging style...
Isn't the GenII Outlaws garage door/ramp/deck 88" wide and 100" tall?
That's not too tall for the Stoett's 109" max.

And FWIW...
We didn't go with a screen because we got the Dometic screen room that fits and is affordable. Here's the "Outlawz" Bloggers pictures (much better than my pics):
Xtend-A-Room – Toy Hauler Patio | RV Outlawz

Best luck and safe travels
You're probably right Steve. I just saw that the Stoett was shown on the Newmar and figured the Outlaw probably has a taller door due to the overall taller rear cap.

BUT....as you say Harley is going a different way so it's a bit moot. Besides, that Dometic solution looks amazing! I had no idea they had such a thing for the patio! That would be awesome for our dogs!

The more I research these toy haulers the more I'm impressed with their utility.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #13

All good ideas. I haven't spent any money yet.

You're all giving me plenty to think about.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #14

The wife and I were just checking out the Xtend-A-Room linked above. Very nice set up. Since we are in no real hurry to do this I think I'll save a few more pennies and go this route. It just seems to add a whole new dimension to the Outlaw, not to mention a whole new room.

This place is awesome!

Tags
scr