RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #1

Privacy Curtain Replacement-ACE

Hi,

Has anyone replaced the privacy curtain on the front window of the Thor ACE 29.1? Mines got a bunch of the threaded clips broken. I figured it would probrably be easier to just replace. Just wondering if anyone has where did they buy it. Thanks

ThorEvo1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This may not be that best option in your ACE but on my old RV I replaced it with a few fabric shower curtains. I folded it in half and sewed it to the bottom seam of the "hook hem" for lack of a better word and used the holes for the shower rings for the curtain hooks and just removed the extras. Cheap and lots of options for fabrics and it's durable.

Bouchbri25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:16 AM   #3

actually just made a claim with Thor to replace... very poor design...they are sending replacement at no charge
ssgwsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwsmith View Post
actually just made a claim with Thor to replace... very poor design...they are sending replacement at no charge
Congratulations! While at the factory service center last Oct., I complained about the poor quality of these curtains and asked if they could be replaced under warranty with something better. All I got was a dumb look.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Replaced mine on 29.1 after disintegration last year for $150 on Ebay. Slightly different color and much higher quality (better thermal backing). Hooks to same sliders with a stronger metal curtain "S" hook. No drooping at top and creases are strong after a year. No ironing to retain shape or stain from condensation leak at window (caused by lack of cap insulation and drip on dash).
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
Congratulations! While at the factory service center last Oct., I complained about the poor quality of these curtains and asked if they could be replaced under warranty with something better. All I got was a dumb look.
Our passenger side was deteriorated and torn (sun/poor install) upon delivery & was able to replace under warranty - waited over 7 weeks & exasperated dealer just handed off for us to replace. They gave us both sides so returned new one w/the old one.

Upon closer look, it became obvious that the overhead curtain track (on passenger side only) was installed too close to sidewall at the sidewall to front corner.

This causes one to carefully pull each curtain hanger very carefully by the tight spot as it is closed, or the curtain can tear at that point.

This installation defect is likely why/how it was torn on the 1st place - thinking maybe done by the transporter on overnight stops while the unit was being transported from Indiana to the left coast.

In hopes of prolonging the curtains life, we only use the curtains at night & on the inside during the day we'll place one of those huge windshield sun deflectors anytime the sun is directed onto the windscreen.
millwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowT View Post
Replaced mine on 29.1 after disintegration last year for $150 on Ebay. Slightly different color and much higher quality (better thermal backing). Hooks to same sliders with a stronger metal curtain "S" hook. No drooping at top and creases are strong after a year. No ironing to retain shape or stain from condensation leak at window (caused by lack of cap insulation and drip on dash).
Do you remember the seller or name on the curtain? Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Measure it to ensure correct size.
Windshield Curtain Beige 130" to 190" x 32" W521 RV Designer Collection | eBay
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #9

Thank you!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #10

George1285,
We just purchased our ACE 30.1 in May and I have a long list of mods. First, I bought some nice fabric and blackout curtain lining and replaced the front curtains, couldn't stand the cheaply made tan ones that came with the home. I always order hooks and other supplies online at Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Marine Supplies Since 1969, I figure that a marine supply place would have all the hardware I could need for an RV.
Mary and Bill
Big Iron 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iron 2 View Post
George1285,
We just purchased our ACE 30.1 in May and I have a long list of mods. First, I bought some nice fabric and blackout curtain lining and replaced the front curtains, couldn't stand the cheaply made tan ones that came with the home. I always order hooks and other supplies online at Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Marine Supplies Since 1969, I figure that a marine supply place would have all the hardware I could need for an RV.
Mary and Bill
Thank you. I just checked out sailrite, looks like a great site!

Tags
replace, replacement