Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2022, 07:02 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Question Putting a winter cover on my 2021 Vegas 24.1

So, I bought a weaved breathable RV cover (generic for size) to shield my Rv from Bird poo and snow. However, although I have a zippered door on the side, there is no accomdodation for my solar panel that charges my batteries. Any suggestions before I decide to cut a panel out the size of the Solar panel and Gorilla tape it back to avoid the elements? Another option or two is to not cover the bus, and instead return the cover bought and try to find a customized cover for the Vegas 24.1.
RCyngier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2022, 10:32 AM   #2

Covering RV

I cover my Class A 41ft with a standard cover that is breathable. I also have solar panels and some very limited sun does get through. Still not enough and I have installed a trickle charger for my chassis and house batteries. One was not enough to charge both sets of batteries. Hopefully you can get an outlet available to you. Amount of power is minimal. Pick up two trickle charges for $35 each. Buy the upgraded model from Harbor Freight and not the cheap $19 dollar version as this failed to work for multiple batteries.

I would not recommend cutting the cover unless you can get it cut yourself and have it stitched/reinforced as the cover will rip with wind and the elements.

Another recommendations is that I used four moving blankets at each corner of the RV. Hang them by cutting holes in the blanket and using rope to drape off each of the four corners. I noticed no matter how tight I clamped down the cover wind would still leak some where and slightly bubble the cover. This would cause rubbing on the finish on the corners only and also there is a lot of weight in the corners of the cover.

Cover will last maybe 2-3 years at most. Unless you have some custom expensive cover made. Never had one last longer than three years. UV destroys it.

Good Luck
Slingoslingo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, gas, winter