Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 AM   #1

i picked up my mh last week and i see that there is a hose connection in the water compartment with the labeling on it that says sanitary flush. is this for flushing the black tank or what. i thought they might use this in all the four winds models. anuone know.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 AM   #2

i picked up my mh last week and i see that there is a hose connection in the water compartment with the labeling on it that says sanitary flush. is this for flushing the black tank or what. i thought they might use this in all the four winds models. anuone know.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
congrats on your new mh.
The flush will force water all around black tank to clean out. Some people will use a clear plastic hose fitting to make sure its clean.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 AM   #4

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
007 is correct . Mine has the clear fittings . it is unbelievable that others m/h don't come with it already installed. this is a great setup to have sanitary flush.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:10 AM   #5

ok thanks guys, i thought that what it was , but wasn't quite sure. the owners manual is lousy and doesn't tell you much at all.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #6

[QUOTE]Originally posted by billyb:

You are so welcome.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #7

Interesting topic, after seeing this I took a look at my 2000 Hurricane and saw a small plastic tube about 0.5"D that has a steel fitting on the end of it. I thought this might be for something like this but I guess not since it wasn't hooked up to anything.
Anyone have any ideas what this would be for? or a way to add this flush to mine if I dont already have it?
Thanks,

T.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i use a dedicated "backflow preventer" to connect the flush adapter to a water hose. some folks use a separate dedicated water hose for the black water rinse/flush operation. i also use a 45 psi pressure limiter to limit pressure to 45 psi to avoid water line damage where it is difficult or impossible to access. my black tank holds 40 gallons. after draining the first time, i close the black drain valve and run the flush water for 4 minutes, then drain again. do not open the inside toilet flush valve during this operation. my dw did that once and got a face full of smelly water. i flush the tank 2 or 3 times like this. do not get distracted during this operation as you can easily overflow the black tank with disastrous consequences.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DAN L:
i use a dedicated "backflow preventer" to connect the flush adapter to a water hose. some folks use a separate dedicated water hose for the black water rinse/flush operation. i also use a 45 psi pressure limiter to limit pressure to 45 psi to avoid water line damage where it is difficult or impossible to access. my black tank holds 40 gallons. after draining the first time, i close the black drain valve and run the flush water for 4 minutes, then drain again. do not open the inside toilet flush valve during this operation. my dw did that once and got a face full of smelly water. i flush the tank 2 or 3 times like this. do not get distracted during this operation as you can easily overflow the black tank with disastrous consequences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got to remember that when my wife says to me. Why does it take so long to drain and clean the black tank. Next time I will tell her to go to the bathroom and flush the toilet and to see if everthing is working right to here satisfaction. .
Old 07-09-2008, 03:06 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
george, u will b sleeping on the couch if u do that...
dan
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote