Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #1

Side View camera

I just purchased a 2013 Tuscany 40FX that is equipped with rear and side view cameras. The left side and rear cameras work fine but when I turn on the right turn signal, the screen says "NO VIDEO SIGNAL".

Any ideas where I should start to troubleshoot before I spend and arm and a leg at a dealership?
Bruceea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A couple of possibilities:

The camera plug to the monitor is disconnected, or at the camera end, or both.

The camera is bad.

A badly kinked camera lead somewhere in between.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:46 AM   #3

On my 2015 ACE 29.3 there is a switching module that determines which camera feed goes to the monitor. It has several wires run to it. It switches the cameras based on turn signal input. It is located under the access panel on the dash above the steering wheel. The three camera feeds are run to there. If yours is similar, you could swap the camera inputs to the switching module. If you get right camera video on the screen when plugged into left video input, then you know the right camera is working and it is probably the switching module. If no right camera video when using left camera input then there is an issue with the right side camera or the cable running to it.

On mine the right side camera cable is has no slack and is hard to reach. The left and rear have excess cable.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 AM   #4

Thank you for that information. I will try to finding that switching module my 2013 Tuscany 40FX.

If anyone knows where it is located on my RV, please help!
Bruceea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Sorry, I just saw this. You may have found it by now, but on my 2014 Tuscany 40RX, it was tucked up under the dash just above and to the right of the gas pedal. I had similar problems a few times, always solved by unplugging and replugging the camera cable connectors.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera