Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
Stone Mountain then to Nashville

so we are heading out on Saturday Dec, 28th and going to Stone mountain in Ga first then to Nashville Tn, just thought I would post in case any of our Thor family would be heading the same way we could meet up and shoot the breeze

mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
so we are heading out on Saturday Dec, 28th and going to Stone mountain in Ga first then to Nashville Tn, just thought I would post in case any of our Thor family would be heading the same way we could meet up and shoot the breeze

mike
Merry Christmas and safe travels!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #3

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Merry Christmas and safe travels!
Thank you , and also a Merry Christmas to you and your family

mike
Old 12-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Stone Mtn one of our favorite places. Just there again in August.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerv47 View Post
Stone Mtn one of our favorite places. Just there again in August.
That's good to hear , it's our first time

mike
Old 12-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #6

Where are you stopping in Nashville??
Old 12-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokofriend View Post
Where are you stopping in Nashville??
I think we where looking at a place called twin rivers they say it's 2 mile's from the city , as of now looks like we will be there January 1st and leave on January 4th

Are you heading that way or live near by ?

mike
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #8

If it is Two Rivers, that is a good place. It is close to Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Great place to see and shop. Has big mall and Bass Pro. Great restaurants. I live about 30 minutes from there!! I have stayed at that campground - friendly! Camping World right there. Know the area well!!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Be sure to take highway 78 to the East gate to Stone Mountain Park. Do not take Memorial Dr to the West entrance as there is a 12' railway bridge just before the entrance. Enjoy.

Dave
Old 12-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
If it is Two Rivers, that is a good place. It is close to Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Great place to see and shop. Has big mall and Bass Pro. Great restaurants. I live about 30 minutes from there!! I have stayed at that campground - friendly! Camping World right there. Know the area well!!
If you stay at two rivers ask for a spot away from the buses. They have a bus maintenance facility behind camping world. I think we got space 412
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #11

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post
If you stay at two rivers ask for a spot away from the buses. They have a bus maintenance facility behind camping world. I think we got space 412
Thank you , we got spot 209 " I think ""it in the middle row "
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #12

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
Be sure to take highway 78 to the East gate to Stone Mountain Park. Do not take Memorial Dr to the West entrance as there is a 12' railway bridge just before the entrance. Enjoy.

Dave
Thank you that is great info , I am making note of that now ,

mike
Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #13

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
yes it is , since you no the area well if you would like to give me some pointer's on where to go that would be great , I do have a 5 year old daughter that will be with us so keep that in mind

thank you
mike
Old 12-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #14

gaylord Opryland

Your daughter might love the ice display at Gaylord. It is a land of carved ice sculptures and this year is on Frosty the Snowman. It is made for kids!! However, last day it is open is Jan 1st a until midnight.

Look up

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/b...s/home-page.mi

That may be too complex - just look up gaylord opryland in Nashville.

The Hotel there is quite something to look at as it is huge and even has a small "river" that runs through it! I will check around for ideas for you and your child.