Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #211

I have the same problem. I have resealed lights, the window even added some molding to roof to keep water from dripping on the driver side window. I have sealed and inspected the roof. I think the water is entering where the front cap is joined to the side wall. I removed the molding on the outside of the window to expose whatever was back there and it is wet. It start leaking about 12 hours after the rain has stopped and continues for another 12. Very frustrating.
wdohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #212

Thor Owners Club
Greetings

Just purchased a 2014 30.1 so dropped by to say hello.
First RV for us.
skew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #213

2014 Thor ACE 30.1 window issues

Totally don't know how to use this site, but I thought I'd just try this. Has anybody had any problems with their Thor ACE 30.1s, or any other model, I suppose, having problems with the strip of plastic that is on the window where the window lock is located coming completely off of the glass and rendering it impossible to open the window?
karihappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #214

ACE 30.1 window imposible to open

Quote:
Originally Posted by karihappy View Post
Thor ACE 30.1s, or any other model, I suppose, having problems with the strip of plastic that is on the window where the window lock is located coming completely off of the glass and rendering it impossible to open the window?
I have a Thor ACE30.1 2014, the same problem with mine too, I will try to gently soften the rubber seal and heat the aluminium extrusion with a heat-gun before inserting (handle with the plastic lock) otherwise it's very hard to put back in place. Just be careful not to heat the glass as it may break under the thermal stress.
Wurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #215

What window are we talking about? My 2016 30.1 doesn’t have anything I can relate to the question.
K6NCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6NCX View Post
What window are we talking about? My 2016 30.1 doesn’t have anything I can relate to the question.
I think yours has the new windows that open outward from the bottom, right? Ours is the old-fashioned kind that slides. I attached a picture of it, but it looks like it put the picture on there sideways. You can see in the picture, on the left side, the latch that opens the window. That latch is attached to the entire length of black that you see going up and down the window's edge. Somehow the glue is defective and isn't holding it on the window, so when we pull, the whole thing comes off the window, and then there is no way to open the window. We've been getting around it now for quite a while by just using our hands to push on the window and ease it open a little, but it's been frustrating and a lot of trouble. Lately we've taken to using suction cups to pull it open, and that seems to be working. But we'd love a true fix. I cannot believe that no one else has had this problem and we were the only lucky ones to get defective windows! :(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVwindow.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	257584  
Old 08-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #217

Thor Owners Club
Window issues

I don't have an issue with the windows at the driver or passenger side of the coach, (they slide horizontally) but I had this same issue with a window at the bedroom slide out (vertical). We don't use the window much so I just left it closed for now. But I do think it is an issue with the quality of the glue.

If I need to open it I do what KH has suggested and use my hand to open it.
skew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:32 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
I don't have an issue with the windows at the driver or passenger side of the coach, (they slide horizontally) but I had this same issue with a window at the bedroom slide out (vertical). We don't use the window much so I just left it closed for now. But I do think it is an issue with the quality of the glue.

If I need to open it I do what KH has suggested and use my hand to open it.
Yes, the plastic and latches on the windows in the bedroom slide that are vertical have also come off. So far only the front passenger and driver's windows and the kitchen windows have been okay.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #219

Another Thor ACE 30.1 owner. There always seems to be something wrong. Fortunately we purchased all the extended warranties they offered, now it is just getting the work done. Plus, each time we get it back I think of something else that is a problem. I'm sure some things we can deal with ourselves.

I do have a couple of questions:
1. On the bedroom slide, one of the windows is not operable. One side will go up, the other does not budge. Any ideas where to start, it is such an awkward place to work.

2. We really hate the shower curtain. We took it in for the recall and they did not put the bar back correctly, we fixed that, but I think we would like to replace the entire cover. Has anyone replaced it with a solid sliding or opening door? The current has a straight attachment at the bottom and a curved rod at the top. To get the door to close properly I have to finesse the bottom and top along each slide.

3. There is no warm air from the furnace coming into the front most vent (just behind the drivers seat. I think we will ask for Camping world to do the fix on this, probably beyond our comfort level.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #220

Windshield curtain loops

If you're like me, finding the loop material that hangs the windshield curtains was difficult. I need to replace the front windshield curtains like others because the backing is disintegrating. Sharing the information -

https://www.trimfabric.com/trim-1225.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-3-4-pure-white-vintage-cotton-loop-trim-1225-12.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	287444  
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #221

I thought I had posted here.

We have a 2017 30.1. I've done the CHF using Tejay's plates to improve the sway over undulating surfaces. And I've installed a Blue Ox track bar to tame the tail wag. My wife uses the RV while I'm off riding my motorcycle and probably drives it as much as I do. We're both satisfied with the handling. I'll drive it 500 miles a day when necessary without any undue stress. I just lay one hand on the wheel and relax.

We replaced the jackknife sofa with a Thomas Payne sleeper sofa to allow normal-sized humans to sleep there. That worked out well.

We've taken a couple of longer trips. We did a 6000-mile trip to Nova Scotia over a three-week period and seriously enjoyed that. We've been to Chattanooga, southern Texas and all over our home state of Arkansas. We have a trip to Alaska scheduled for next year. But primarily we hit parks in our home state of Arkansas.

Anyone with a pair of brain cells to rub together would know that we could have spent twice as much money on the rig and been more comfortable, but we've enjoyed our time in the rig.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #222

curtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptxguys View Post
If you're like me, finding the loop material that hangs the windshield curtains was difficult. I need to replace the front windshield curtains like others because the backing is disintegrating. Sharing the information -

https://www.trimfabric.com/trim-1225.html
Thank you the link
Wurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #223

Winnebago Owners Club
Have 2017 30.1 also. Only minor issues so far. Happy travels.
coalminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #224

Console Tray

Made a useful console tray that can actually HOLD something!
Stained it to match cabinets and put a lip around the edge to keep things ON it.

The 'legs' are a toilet flange that's screwed into the bottom and fits perfectly into the existing cup holders.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-PVC-Flange/50315061

Ordered new cup holders from amazon and drilled a 3 5/8" hole. They are very snug.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tray 3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	291303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tray 1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	291304