Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Thor ACE 30.2 2015

Does anyone know if there is a black tank flush I can not find one.
Jrf4865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the 2012 29.2. As it has a macerator, it does not have a black tank flush. I haven't seen or heard anything about one here at the forum, so I doubt there is one standard (unless it is a new feature on the 2015).

You should be able to add one as an aftermarket.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #3

We have a 2013 30.1, there was no black tank flush. It was an easy after market add, that wasn't very expensive.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrf4865 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a black tank flush I can not find one.
I have the 30.2 2015. Nope will have to buy aftermarket.
I have not had any need to flush. I have used the advise of this forum and just keep both gates closed. When ready to dump I will top off back side with water to about 3/4 full than, I dump and the flush hose with Grey water.
snoodledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoodledog View Post
I have the 30.2 2015. Nope will have to buy aftermarket.
I have not had any need to flush. I have used the advise of this forum and just keep both gates closed. When ready to dump I will top off back side with water to about 3/4 full than, I dump and the flush hose with Grey water.
We also have a 2015 30.2. I noticed on our 1st trip that the toilet was hooked up with a hot water line so hot water is used while flushing. We are also having a problem with the toilet stopping up. We use the RV tp but I have to snake the line once a day. This shouldn't happen. I was wondering if you had any problems with clogging?
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachk View Post
We also have a 2015 30.2. I noticed on our 1st trip that the toilet was hooked up with a hot water line so hot water is used while flushing. We are also having a problem with the toilet stopping up. We use the RV tp but I have to snake the line once a day. This shouldn't happen. I was wondering if you had any problems with clogging?
Not sure why they would plumb the toilet to the hot water, I don't think the cheap plastic toilet valve is designed for that, it might break with water that hot?
Why are you dumping the black tank once a day? Leave the valve closed untill 3/4 full then dump, it needs a lot of water to push everything along.
Also I've seen where people had debri left in the black tank from construction, maybe there's something in there blocking it up?
Old 10-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Smile

Quote:
Sorry, hot water toilet flush is hilarious!:-) Got to love Thor quality control. (Or hate it if you don't have a sense of humor). Put it on your punch list next time at the dealer.
I wouldn't keep the valves open all the time. Only dump when you have a decent load. If you need to dump light, fill tanks with water first.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I have noticed this also. I have found two things to fix this.
1. After dumping put a good amount of water back into the black tank. This will give the "stuff" some cushion to land on. I found that we were getting the volcano effect due to not enough water for it to land on.
2. Get a wash wand that you can stick down the toilet and rinse it out. Or get a king wash for the outside and hook it up to a y value off the fresh water supply at campsite and separate hose. DON'T mix fresh water hose with hoses used to clean black tank.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 AM   #9

I had one installed by CW when I bought it, I had them leave the extra length of the hose so its easy to hook up

I hated the thought of bringing in the hose to wash out the tank

So far its working,
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:07 AM   #10

I have a 2014 30.1 and installed a Tornado tank runser and love it! I was having issues with the indicators not working correct. Empty tank reads 1/3 etc. you be surprised what gets stuck even with a large amount of fluid. Run that for 5 mins and tank is clean as can be. So worth the money and 15 min install. Especially on aces where the tank is right there.

Highly recommend. You don't even need the extension pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1414577211.132348.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	582.2 KB
ID:	77751

Tags
thor