Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBerner View Post
I had a BCC FW2050 failure last summer on my 2008 Windsport with Ford chassis. The motorhome just shutdown going down the road. After rolling to the side of the road, I found the LED for the chassis power by the door was off so I moved the switch a couple of times and it came back on. I started up and went on. When I stopped for gas later it shutdown again and would not fire. I ended up jumping the box to get it going, after a lot of head scratching and studying, and then had the box replaced in July last year. They gave me my money back for the box after the recall notice came out. I never did get a letter from Thor, I found out about the recall on this board. I have the box wired the way it was and if it ever fails I will know what to do and will move the wire.
hi, what model do you have. I was wondering how your upholstery is doing
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 AM   #212

Billyb, I have a Windsport 36R 2008 and the upholstery on the drivers and passengers seats are coming apart. The drivers is a real mess. I am saving my money to try and have them redone.
GBerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:43 AM   #213

My Windsport 36R

I have a Windsport 36R 2008 with a Ford F53 2007 chassis. The upolstry is doing losey. The drivers seat is really a mess and the passengers is not far behind. They both need to be redone.
GBerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
I am thinking(now rethinking) purchase of an ACE 29.1 or 27.1. Learned here to make sure chassis warrantee starts at purchase. Also, check for FW2050 or other switch box. Thanks to all, and good luck.
Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Lasr september my unit woulnt start. I climbed under and checked the voltage at the studs on the starter, and everything was good. Then i had the wife turn the key while i tapped on the starter solenoid and it started right up. 5 places wanted to sell me a new starter at 350. Or a rebuilt for 200. i finally found a solenoid at one place for 50. (saw me coming) then when we got home i bought a dpare for 16. All this has happened with only 31k miles on it.
Where is the starter solenoid located and do you have a Ford part number? Are you talking about the starter solenoid relay or starter solenoid?
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #215

Of course the main solenoid is on the starter. I dont know where the relay solenoid is, but if anyone knows, chime in.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #216

Finally getting around to taking the RV out of winter storage. Unable to start the engine. Thought it could be the Chassis battery, so I pulled it and hooked it up to the charger. It was dead. After fully charging, it still wouldn't start the ACE.

I have zero juice on the instrument cluster when I switch on the ignition. Battery disconnect switch is in the correct position, so i should have battery juice, but don't. I didn't try switching on and off several times though. I guess I'm doing the Recall notice from Thor tonight to see if i can get this resolved. I like the idea of replacing the latching relay inside the BCC, but I have to research that a bit more. I found version 2 of the instructions, so i'm hoping for the best. I may open it up and see if there are blown fuses or something.

Wish me luck.
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #217

Tiffin Owners Club
A/C fuse location on my 2006 Thor 31D

Greetings. I am a newbie here, with a recently purchased 2006 Thor model 31D (Ford F53 chassis). The chassis A/C doesn't work, and I was wondering where the fuse is. There is no fuse map on the BCC FW2050 cover, and the owners manual shows a completely different fuse layout, so I am a bit confused...
Help the new guy!
Iceman-31D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:18 AM   #218

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-31D View Post
Greetings. I am a newbie here, with a recently purchased 2006 Thor model 31D (Ford F53 chassis). The chassis A/C doesn't work, and I was wondering where the fuse is. There is no fuse map on the BCC FW2050 cover, and the owners manual shows a completely different fuse layout, so I am a bit confused...
Help the new guy!
First, this thread has to do with a particular problem with the BCC and I'm not sure you'll get the most visibility here. You might try posting your question to the Thor owner's forum, located here: iRV2 Thor Owner Forum.

Second, which A/C are you talking about, the roof A/C or the dash A/C? Since you're looking under the hood, I'm assuming you mean the dash, but obviously there are separate fuses for each.

Finally, if no one smarter than me responds, and if you don't get a fast answer on the Thor forum, I'll let you know where the A/C fuse is on my ACE as soon as I can get to the rig in a couple days. That may or may not help, but I'll try. Hopefully, though, you'll have a more relevant answer by then.

Enjoy your new unit!
Skip
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #219

I had my BCC go out on me about 2 years ago. I did not loose chassis power but lost the coach charging... I came home from the river (5 hours)
and the coach batteries were completely dead. Not charging. Being an ex mechanic I investigated the BCC and found the ground was insufficient. I added an additional ground and everything started working.

I was in contact with RV custom products and explained to them what I had found and how I fixed it. They had said they were having many similar issues and were very thankful of me passing the info on. Not sure if this is same issue that is causing all the problems and forced the recall or not, but no further issues with mine.

I never did get a recall notice. I'm the 2nd owner but bought it from a dealer... 2009 Thor Fourwinds Windsport 35"

Not sure I want to do the recall as I like being able to disconnect battery for storage.
fftoddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #220

Quote:
Of course the main solenoid is on the starter. I dont know where the relay solenoid is, but if anyone knows, chime in.
Had starting issue with mine with the Ford.
Traced it to bad solenoid on the starter. Ford and all the parts houses told me it was not available by itself and I would have to buy the whole starter $$$$.
Screw that I took it off and went down to a truck starter alternator rebuilder and bought just the solenoid. Forget how much but maybe around $30
Old 08-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #221

Quote:
hi, what model do you have. I was wondering how your upholstery is doing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBerner View Post
Billyb, I have a Windsport 36R 2008 and the upholstery on the drivers and passengers seats are coming apart. The drivers is a real mess. I am saving my money to try and have them redone.
I have a 2009 Windsport as well. bought it used in 2010 with less than 5000 miles. By 2011 and 7000 miles the Flexsteel leather upholstery was falling apart. Took to dealer and they said upholstery was only warrantied for 1 year, :(
That is BS the seats have hardly ever been used!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #222

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftoddster View Post
I have a 2009 Windsport as well. bought it used in 2010 with less than 5000 miles. By 2011 and 7000 miles the Flexsteel leather upholstery was falling apart. Took to dealer and they said upholstery was only warrantied for 1 year, :(
That is BS the seats have hardly ever been used!

Old 08-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #223

SORRY... I was responding to earlier posts in this thread from billy b and GBerner
Old 09-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #224

Talking My thoughts on this issue

I have not had an issue with my BCC but I don't want to have the engine shut off while I am driving down the road. I do have a problem with the chassis battery discharging while it sits because there are often months between the times I get to use it. I will add the jumper to bypass the relay to be sure I can charge the house batteries while driving.

To resolve the chassis battery discharge problem, I have installed a cutoff on the ground lug of the battery. This one is cheap and easy to use. It is rated for 500A for starting and 125A continuous, so should do the job.

NOCO ID220S 6V-24V 125 Amp Battery Disconnect Switch

Here is a link at Amazon:

Amazon.com: NOCO ID220S 6V-24V 125 Amp Battery Disconnect Switch: Automotive
Barneymc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, recall, thor