RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #1

Thor battery control center recall

just curious if anyone has come up with a proper fix for this problem yet, if it wasn"t for solar panels i would have lost power many times over.

pugsley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you apply the recall instructions. I did and have not had any problems? If you do not have them let me know, i can dig them up. It only involves moving one wire.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

yes they switched the wires but that is a bandaid. the batteries will not charge off the alternator with that wire switch. I remember reading where some people were trying to get fixed under warranty with no luck. Some people were talking about changing the bcc. If you have any more info i"m all ears. thanks for your reply. Bob Harrison.
pugsley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think, if your chassis relay is bad (open), and you do the recall, it will not charge your coach batteries. You need to install a jumper across the 2 chassis terminals on the top left side of the BCC (4 AWG or larger). This will completely disable the chassis disconnect switch, but your coach batteries will charge. To disconnect your chassis battery you will have to disconnect the negative cable at the battery.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree i did the recall and everything works correctly. I suggest contacting the BCC manufacturer and see if they will send you a replacement relay. They are a good company. I spoke to them when this all started.

Tags
battery, recall, thor