Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #1387

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
New Curtains for the Front Side Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Tell your wife she did an amazing job. Nice work LyonsL.
Thanks for the compliment but those were the easy ones. The only thing we disliked about the new coach were the factory curtains for the front side windows. Made from a cheap, stiff paper / cardboard, a very poor excuse for curtains. The wife decided they would have to go and she made new curtains that look and work great. Thank goodness she can sew, it saved us a lot of cash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-05 13.55.34 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	80473   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-05 13.53.30 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	80474  

LyonsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #1388

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Furnace Ducting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
#19. One thing always leads to another. Opened blank panel under sink for fire extinguisher storage project (more on that later) and found a tangled mess of heater ducting. Sharp bends and one pinched to about half size. Disconnected all at furnace - stretched out to nearly maximum per install instructions - cut off excess and reinstalled. Only had to remove one half of sink floor to work with reasonable comfort. Now more air moving out every register. Removed over six feet of duct. Also noted that is spite very large return air grill under frig - return air is restricted by very small hole between cabinets. Decided to leave that as is for now. Picture shows finished project.
Thanks for sharing this! I checked my coach and found the same mess. I did the same mod and now have much improved airflow from the furnace!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-11-03 16.08.42 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	80475   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-03 17.07.05 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	80476  

Old 12-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #1389

Carolina Campers
Quote:
#37. ... manual Mor/ride REEL56-001 ...

How does it work? Do you leave your 50 amp cord plugged into the coach all the time? In other words, when you roll up the cord do you have to disconnect both ends or just the one connected to the shore power?

It looks like it is installed directly over the floor access holes. Does that make it difficult to pull the cord through the access hole when extending it (or back through it when rolling it up)?

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #1390

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonsL View Post
Thanks for the compliment but those were the easy ones. The only thing we disliked about the new coach were the factory curtains for the front side windows. Made from a cheap, stiff paper / cardboard, a very poor excuse for curtains. The wife decided they would have to go and she made new curtains that look and work great. Thank goodness she can sew, it saved us a lot of cash.

My wife sews too, and I have to admit she's darn good at it. Our first trip out inflected some serious discussion on those curtains. Having the 29.2, ours are suppose to shade the front windshield along with the sides. She disliked them so much we refused to use them and made some "temporary" sunshades out of insulating material to sit into place. Come spring, we'll have new curtains to install. For now, she took a year contract to teach special education (she retired from the same) and loves the kids. However, that isn't stopping me from doing my mods......I love my life!!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #1391

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this! I checked my coach and found the same mess. I did the same mod and now have much improved airflow from the furnace!
For those who have fixed the tangled ductwork, and especially the writer that posted the pix, what year and model Challenger do you have?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #1392

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
For those who have fixed the tangled ductwork, and especially the writer that posted the pix, what year and model Challenger do you have?
Mine is a 2015 Challenger 37KT. Came off the line in July of this year.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #1393

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Which side, left or right, is your door handle on? Our shower enclosure is probably upside down! It came with handle on right and rubber drip guard on top. Not enough clearance to move it to bottom, in fact I had to file some excess material off bottom for proper door closure. I removed top trim and it looks like panels interlock so the whole thing would need to be removed and inverted. Which I think can't be done without removing cabinets!
I checked mine today and found the top and bottom door channels both have the same plastic / rubber strips. Mine does not leak at the bottom and there is enough clearance to easy shut the door. Maybe yours is missing the plastic / rubber strip? I've attached photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-12-04 11.56.25 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	80497   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-04 12.44.14 (576x1024).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	80498  

Name:	2014-12-04 11.57.12 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	80499   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-04 12.40.29 (576x1024).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	80500  

Old 12-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #1394

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
How does it work? Do you leave your 50 amp cord plugged into the coach all the time? In other words, when you roll up the cord do you have to disconnect both ends or just the one connected to the shore power?

It looks like it is installed directly over the floor access holes. Does that make it difficult to pull the cord through the access hole when extending it (or back through it when rolling it up)?

Ted
Try this youtube for demo.

Cord comes completely out of reel for use, ie. both ends disconnected unless one end is fixed/hardwired or you want to leave one end plugged. In that case you start with the plug and just roll up excess.
I installed reel directly over cable ports intentionally - to make best use of remaining floor space. I just unroll the whole cord, feed connector up thru the (white in pic) cable port, thru space inside reel to recepticle directly above.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #1395

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
OP here: 2015 37KT
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #1396

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I checked mine today and found the top and bottom door channels both have the same plastic / rubber strips. Mine does not leak at the bottom and there is enough clearance to easy shut the door. Maybe yours is missing the plastic / rubber strip? I've attached photos.
Thanks - I think you answered my question with "two rubber strips." Ours only had one and that was on top SO I assumed it was installed upside down. No bottom strip on ours as there is not even enough room for one. Door barely closes without it. Back to drawing board on how to fix it.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #1397

Ford Super Duty Owner
More Mod's Fixes and Upgrades

#39.Finally got new plates after two month wait. While I was at it decided to spruce things up a bit by painting plate frame with dealer advertising and the screw heads. Had to hold off on "almost" theft proof plate installation as 3/16 x 1 carriage bolts are out of stock at local store.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PA290001.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	80567  
Old 12-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #1398

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
2nd Towel Bar in Bathroom

My wife prefers "his & her's" towel bars in the bathroom so I ordered a factory towel bar from our RV Dealer and installed it on the opposite wall from the original. Happy Wife = Happy Life!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-11-04 16.59.16 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	80619  
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #1399

Ford Super Duty Owner
Chassis battery drain

Did not fix this yet - so no number, just wanted to give y'all a heads up so you can fix it if it is important to you. Have read several posts regarding battery drain caused by Jensen radio, and now I know why. Radio installation diagram shows two +12v power connections. One is constant and the other is switched or on with keyswitch. Guess they couldn't make a fused 12v switched connection so they just wired them together to always on 12v. So the radio can't go into standby and draw less power. If I can't find a better source I will eventually connect switched lead to dash fans power, which is switched. If you try switched source, please test first as I am not sure what will happen to camera turn on time with turn signal trigger. There could be an unwanted camera on delay time during lane changes or turns. Test both ways before calling it done.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #1400

Need some advice

Greetings all...The DW and I are looking at two different Class A's, A Coachmen Mirada 35BH and the Challenger 37TB. After reading back through this forum about a month, I'm wondering what overall you think of your Challenger's now. Sounds like a lot of inconsistent construction practices in the Challenger...

So can you help us make a decision? Would you get your Challenger again? Are there any issues common to the Challenger line? Any pitfalls we should know about?

On the plus side...We're looking forward to getting on the road and doing some traveling...maybe even taking our business on the road...With The amount of money we are looking at spending, just want to make sure we are making the best decision...

Thanks...
JustanowlAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor