Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #1639

New Thor Challenger Owners

Hello all. My wife and I took delivery of our shiny new 2015 Thor Challenger 37GT yesterday!

I wanted to say that among other things, this thread helped us with our decision on the purchase. There are many posts out there complaining of Thor quality issues which originally caused us to rule out Thor products. This thread caused us to give Thor another look, and so far I am glad with our decision! No major issues found - of course we are only about 24 hours in at this point.

This is our first gas motorhome, coming from a 42' 5th wheel and diesel dually. The drive home was smooth once I calmed the jitters and butterflies out of my stomach. The biggest deal for me was learning to keep in the lane and not drift over to the white line. I am also learning to make sharp turns earlier. I was so used to turning late and cutting hard with the long trailer. Not so with the motorhome! I almost got myself in trouble by turning too late one time and thought I would not make the cut! Also, coming from a diesel truck, I had reservations about a front gas powered motorhome but I can now say the power is awesome with the Ford V10 and the noise is not bad at all. It was actually reasonably quiet, considering. I thought I would share that experience for others that might be considering the same type of switch.

Now a question - does anyone else have a ~6FT section of ~2in black pipe hanging on the wall in the back compartment? It isn't hooked to anything. It's a straight section, open on both ends and held up with straps. It's almost like it could be used as a flagpole or extension pole for something, however the way it is attached it is not easy to take out. Is this spare pipe left in the coach for some reason? I can post a picture if you don't recognize what this is.
ajfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #1640

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I have a new GT also and the black pipe doesn't sound like anything I've seen. A picture may be good to see. Is this in the bedroom.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #1641

It's in the very back underneath storage bay.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #1642

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

I haven't looked underneath the coach. Depending on what the diameter is, could it be for storing the sewer hose. I don't have access to mine at the moment so I can't check.

Ok, so I just re-read your question. A 2 inch pipe maybe could hold the sewer hose. I haven't seen anyone say that is there but I hope it's true if that is what it is.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #1643

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
On second thought a sewer hose is at least 3 inches. So maybe not that.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #1644

It's in the very rear passthrough storage bay (not underneath the coach).

I am attaching a picture. It's open on the other end too. Looks the same from the other side... Definitely a head scratcher! During the walkthrough, the tech was puzzled too and said it looks the same as the plumbing pipe and maybe it is extra?

If you guys don't have it in yours, I'm going to give Thor a call.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Mar 10, 5 15 27 PM.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	88268  
Old 03-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #1645

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1426032034.084796.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	88284
Here is a picture of mine. The pipe is there but a cable goes through it. So I'm not sure what it's for and why yours doesn't have one.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #1646

Okay, that makes sense. Somewhere along the assembly line they add that pipe to protect cable. For whatever reason, you got the cable later down the line and I didn't. I noticed an access panel under the bed and it looks like your cable probably goes into the area of that panel.. I wonder if you have something inside that panel and I don't. Or maybe you have an option in the rear bedroom that I don't... Thanks for posting your picture.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #1647

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Glad I could help some. I had forgot I had the picture from when I was checking out the bay's. Now I'm curious what this goes to.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #1648

I you really want a definitive answer, call Thor. You will find them very helpful, however you may have some wait time before you can talk to a tech.
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKJohn View Post
I you really want a definitive answer, call Thor. You will find them very helpful, however you may have some wait time before you can talk to a tech.
Thanks. I submitted an online request with Thor about it. If I don't hear back in a few days I'll give them a call. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #1650

We have a HDMI jack on the dash of our 2015 KT. Anybody know what it's for??
RVredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:12 AM   #1651

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

You can plug in your phone, at least an iPhone don't know about any other, and the radio screen will mirror the phone screen.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #1652

Challenger 37GT couch

We've had our 37GT for almost a year. and we love it, except for one thing. The footrest on the recliner on the end of the couch has a real problem. Trying to get the footrest to pop up when sitting on the couch is very difficult, almost impossible. When it does open up, and I want to close it, I have to sit on the floor and push it in with my feet, it's really that hard to get in. Then it pops back out whenever it wants to, sometimes when we're driving, sometimes for no reason at all. We've had Camping World "fix" it, and we recently took it to Thor. They said they changed the handle mechanism and it is operating the way it is supposed to. They didn't fix it, it still operates just like before. Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? I told Thor I think it's going to hurt somebody popping out like that at any random time it wants to.
Sunshiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor