Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #1807

Thor Owners Club
We have a 2012 37dt challenger purchased new in jan. 2013. We have severe ongoing rubbing, or scrapping noises in our dinette slide. Three trips to factory have not solved this..the awful noise continues. Anyone else experience this in same model?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Thortogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #1808

Carolina Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

I assume you mean during the time you are extending them... Where does the sound seem to be coming from (e.g.: top, sides, base). What did they say at the factory? I have heard of some issues with the glides under the slide scraping the floor. I believe that some have solved the issue by adding a thin metal sheet under the glides.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:07 AM   #1809

37dt

I purchased 2012 37dt in February of 2012. Cross my fingers the only issue I have had with the slides is the super slide would not go out on my third trip due to a screw shorting the wiring harness. Watch for issue with the hydraulic jacks. I have replaced three brackets to date on the front passenger side. System seems to lift rig too high. C w fixed the first one but I had to pay for the other. Currently looking to sell my unit. Wife passed away and not interested in going out anymore.
Chief2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:43 PM   #1810

Ford Super Duty Owner
Washer/dryer install questions

About to install a vented Splendide WD2100XC. If you installed a combo washer/dryer, where did you vent the dryer and what kind of problems did you encounter? Current plan is install without cutting hole in finished side by running vent below thru floor and out.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #1811

Carolina Campers
I installed the stackable W/D. Vented through the side. It was higher on the side, because the dryer is on top. No problems at all so far. We liked the dryer separate from the washer. The clothes come out just like home, just a smaller load. We have used the combo before when in Europe, and the always had issues with the clothes either not getting dry or very wrinkled.

Good luck!
Old 07-19-2015, 05:44 PM   #1812

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Washer & Dryer

We also have a stackable washer & dryer and our dryer is vented out the side. The vent is next to the outside light, next to the entry door.
My DW prefers having both because she can wash one load while another is drying. They take about 1/2 the load of a standard full size washer & dryer and they work very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dryer Vent.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	100618  
LyonsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #1813

Carolina Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonsL View Post
... The vent is next to the outside light, next to the entry door. ...

Looks exactly like my vent, except because mine is the GT model, the washer and dryer are in a cabinet in the bathroom area on the driver's side, therefore it vents to the other side of the RV.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Looks exactly like my vent, except because mine is the GT model, the washer and dryer are in a cabinet in the bathroom area on the driver's side, therefore it vents to the other side of the RV.
We have the combo in the KT. Vented outside. Works fine. We didn't want to give up the extra pantry space to have the stackables. We moved the drawers that were in the lower pantry to the upper space when the W/D went in.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:09 PM   #1815

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Valve Stems on Inner Rear Wheels

I just read an article from a trucking website that stated the valve stems on steel & aluminum 22.5" wheels are brass and can be bent without damaging them. Can anyone tell me if that's true for the valve stems on my coach?
Old 07-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #1816

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Larry, I replaced my stems with stainless steel from I believe Dually Valves. When I finally get my coach I can tell you exactly.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #1817

Thor Owners Club
So now two years later and three trips back to Thor we still have severe and super annoying noise from large slide while driving and going over the slightest bump in roads. Luv our 37 DT BUT that noise is not acceptable. At a loss at this point.
Thortogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #1818

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
Larry, I replaced my stems with stainless steel from I believe Dually Valves. When I finally get my coach I can tell you exactly.
Thanks Bob but you can disregard that. I just ordered Dually Valves today.

Any word on when you're getting your coach back? Is it going to mess up your plans for your next trip?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #1819

Ford Super Duty Owner
I completed my awning LED's today. I will get some night shots when it gets dark.

I bought this kit from amazon :Amazon.com: Vinus® 16.4-Feet SMD 5050 5M Waterproof 300LEDs RGB Flexible LED Strip Light Lamp Kit with 44 Key IR Remote Controller W/ 12V 5A Power Supply Adapter: Musical Instruments

and this, I am painting this black, I couldn't find a 2.5 meter in black. :
2 5M Extension Cable Connect 4PINS Plug for 5050 3528 LED Strip Lights RGB White | eBay

I got the power from a cargo light, the porch light can be used , I just didn't want to mess with that. I will just have plug it into the control box when I want to use them, and store the plug in the awning track when not in use.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #1820

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thortogo View Post
So now two years later and three trips back to Thor we still have severe and super annoying noise from large slide while driving and going over the slightest bump in roads. Luv our 37 DT BUT that noise is not acceptable. At a loss at this point.
Okay - here is our experience.

First off our service manager is a very skilled and knowledgeable guy. He and his staff diagnosed it and then fixed it - we thought. That's the bad news. Good news was he figured out what was wrong, fixed it but the repair didn't hold. But even at that, we for sure know our issue. The issue is on the the slide motor mount and the nylon (spelled plastic) alignment/retaining pins.

Going back in for the repair the service manager is gonna do.

IMO 90% of the fix if is knowing what is wrong.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor