Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #1989

Would there be a way to remove the stock refrigerator from the 2016 coach? With just two of us, we don't need such a large fridge. Seems a smaller one but save energy both on shore power and battery...
MichelleOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleOH View Post
Would there be a way to remove the stock refrigerator from the 2016 coach? With just two of us, we don't need such a large fridge. Seems a smaller one but save energy both on shore power and battery...
I doubt it saves much money or power. I haven't done it, but it should be easy enough to switch. That is one of the selling points for residential refers.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #1991

I recently installed an ice maker in my 2013 KT. I removed both doors and moved the unit out of its space. Listed weight is 145 pounds and I was able to move it easily with the help of a friend. I'm sure that with the doors off, it will fit through the entry door with no problem. Good luck.
handyman1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #1992

Camping World installed new Kwikie steps under warranty. When I arrived at our park I discovered the steps wouldn't stay out when the "Step" button was pressed. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Lippert and discovered I had the wrong door magnet - I don't think Camping World used the one shipped with the new unit - of course they couldn't find the it! Lippert sent a new one to me and I scheduled another appointment at Camping World to install. I also gave a manual to Camping World for reference. I wanted them to fix the problem. The motor has to be matched with the door magnet. The steps work fine now.

Papa D
papa d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #1993

Ice Maker for 2013 kt

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1943 View Post
I recently installed an ice maker in my 2013 KT. I removed both doors and moved the unit out of its space. Listed weight is 145 pounds and I was able to move it easily with the help of a friend. I'm sure that with the doors off, it will fit through the entry door with no problem. Good luck.
Which ice maker did you install and where did you buy it. I have a 2014 KT and have not had much luck finding the ice maker for the whirlpool fridge.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndogpa View Post
Which ice maker did you install and where did you buy it. I have a 2014 KT and have not had much luck finding the ice maker for the whirlpool fridge.
I bought mine on Amazon for around $70. There is currently one listed for $69.88 with free shipping -- model 24ECKMF. Good luck! Here's the link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_4&sr=8-4
handyman1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #1995

Replacing broken ladder on 2014.5 Challenger KT - So like many others with the dumb ladder design that extends below the MH body, we broke ours bottoming out into a gas station. Good news is the manufacturer will custom make one for us 6 inches shorter for not too much more $$ than the exact replacement. I don't want to drive to Elkhart for this, and hope to install the swap myself. I am hoping to re-use the existing legs that attach the ladder to the MH so as not to have to reseal a bunch of connections. But the ladder connects direct to the roof at the top. It came from the factory all covered in some kind of roofing cement or caulk at those two connection points. What product is best to use in place of that cement or caulk covering?
Old 10-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #1996

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1943 View Post
I bought mine on Amazon for around $70. There is currently one listed for $69.88 with free shipping -- model 24ECKMF. Good luck! Here's the link to Amazon: Amazon.com: Whirlpool Part Number 24ECKMF: ICEMAKER: Home Improvement
How hard is it to winterize ? I normaly only use the pink stuff in the drains and blow out the lines .
Old 10-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #1997

Ford Super Duty Owner
Last chance for wty work

Took our one year old baby in to CW Katy TX for two final wty items: Slide cable broke for second time and windshield trim came out for third time. I could fix both but due to problems expected putting slide wood trim back on like new I decided to let CW try. Will let y'all know how it turns out. CW completion est 2-3 weeks.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #1998

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Took our one year old baby in to CW Katy TX for two final wty items: Slide cable broke for second time and windshield trim came out for third time. I could fix both but due to problems expected putting slide wood trim back on like new I decided to let CW try. Will let y'all know how it turns out. CW completion est 2-3 weeks.
Good luck with CW! I will never step foot in one again after my last 2 trips in for service. I found another dealer that takes my extended warranty and I will be using them.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:29 AM   #1999

House Batteries Question - I am getting a build-up of white powdery stuff on the metal clamp that attaches the nylon strap that holds the two house batteries in place. I gather this means my batteries are overcharging (they are plugged into 50 amp in the garage). Don't Challengers have a smart charger that is supposed to avoid this?
Old 10-31-2015, 05:35 PM   #2000

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
House Batteries Question - I am getting a build-up of white powdery stuff on the metal clamp that attaches the nylon strap that holds the two house batteries in place. I gather this means my batteries are overcharging (they are plugged into 50 amp in the garage). Don't Challengers have a smart charger that is supposed to avoid this?
Best thing you can do at this point read voltage at battery terminals. If you don't have a multi meter - time to get one and learn how to use it. I think your inverter display will tell you bat voltage. Our coach in shop so I can't verify that. I don't think what you are seeing is positively a result of over charging.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #2001

I have a 2016 challenger 37kt. I tried to get cable connected into my Motorhome but I was told there was a button I had to push in to switch from over the air tv to cable. Does anyone know where that button is? I had a 2006 Damon Daybreak that had it located by the tv but I can't find in anywhere in this unit. I have the normal crank up over the air antenna and a satellite connection but at this RV site I can't get satellite.
Where is this button?
gavaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #2002

Thor Owners Club
Cable tv

Look inside the lower right cabinet under the main tv. There is a connection there and a small button next to it. It has to be on for the top antenna to work, and off for cable.

Sanford
37 kt
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor