Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 AM   #2619

I will try to upload some pics of the Ikea counter in lieu of the table later today
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #2620

Table Mod

Here is a pic of the Ikea counter/table. It is on height adjustable legs, so you can make it counter height if you want and use stools. As we travel we also use it as a desk area w computer. You are also facing the curb side and looking out the big window where hopefully you have a view!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2472.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	140042  
Old 09-27-2016, 08:07 AM   #2621

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrihRed View Post
I will try to upload some pics of the Ikea counter in lieu of the table later today
From the pic it seems chair legs will be at different levels with one pair on floor and the other on slide. How does that work. We have used std. table in front and did not have much more room. Looks like the Ikea table could be used there and maybe even seat six. Interesting change. We really like the idea of facing the window.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #2622

The diff from the slide carpet and the floor is not really noticeable with the chairs but with stools it might be. I took a pic this AM of how we are using it today and I will post later. When just the two of us (which is normal) we usually eat up front at the captain chairs and table. BTW I cut the counter down to the exact length of the side valences on the big window so it has no movement when traveling. The counter is not real heavy as it's just a butcher block veneer. My original plan was to make it the height of the window break w stools but we really liked it with the chairs. Between the chairs is our cocker's condo home which will show in the new pic.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:50 AM   #2623

More pics of table/counter Mod

Here are a couple of more pics of the mod from this AM showing how we are using it today. It changes as needs change, sometimes extra counter space for cooking, sometimes for dining, sometimes a desk and work space. We are currently in Albuquerque for the Int Balloon Fiesta which starts this weekend. Next week when we get our oil changed we are also adding Sumo Springs and will write about the difference in ride and stability after we travel more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1949.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	140050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1948.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	140051  

Name:	Balloon-Festival.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	140052  
Old 09-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #2624

Very creative! I showed it to DW with some trepidation because I thought she might add it to my honeydo list. Thankfully not. To us the table is not a problem needing a solution. But with that said I remember that when we traded our 2013 DT for the 2014.5 KT (long story-no we don't trade every year) we were so appalled at what Thor had done to the table design that we swapped our 2013 table for the new one. Maybe that is why you guys don't like the table. As I recall, it had this huge and ugly lock down mechanism on one leg, didn't any longer slide out, and was oak in a MH full of cherry. Anyway, I like your fix.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #2625

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We are leaving tomorrow to come to Albuquerque for the balloon festival. We come in on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
ferg182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:08 AM   #2626

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Info Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrihRed View Post
Here is a pic of the Ikea counter/table. It is on height adjustable legs, so you can make it counter height if you want and use stools. As we travel we also use it as a desk area w computer. You are also facing the curb side and looking out the big window where hopefully you have a view!
Can you send the model number or some other way to find this table I did a search on IKEA web site and it didn't bring it up.
Thanks. Russell
Rsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #2627

I just did a search on IKEA web site and this is the one that I found. I'm not sure if it is the right one or not but it sure looks like it.

GERTON Table - IKEA
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	140363  
Old 09-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #2628

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hitch info.

Our early 2015 has 5,000 pound hitch and I would like to tow a bit more safely. Could someone with 8,000 pound hitch look at hitch mfg and model number. Can not find just using Ford F53 for search. Thanks
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:49 PM   #2629

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks for the info. Next project per my wife should be an easy trade out.

Russell
2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
Rsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #2630

It is not a table, find it at Ikea under kitchen counter top selections. There you will also have choices of other that what I used.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:29 AM   #2631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsapp View Post
Can you send the model number or some other way to find this table I did a search on IKEA web site and it didn't bring it up.
Thanks. Russell
Find it Ikea under kitchen counter tops, there you will find other choices also not just the one I used. Buy the telescoping legs separately, I used black.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #2632

I used the Ikea KARLBY counter top from their Kitchen area.
Article Number:
I chose the lighter butcher block but there are many choices.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor