Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #2759

Thor Owners Club
My thoughts exactly. Thanks

Sanford
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #2760

Ford Super Duty Owner
Challenger Owners Club

Tampa RV show and the first gathering of Challenger owners. Amazing how much we all learned in a short time. Maybe this summer we can do it again. Sorry for pic on side. Original not that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CHALLENGER OWNERS CLUB 1-18-2017 TAMPA RV SHOW.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	150016  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #2761

Ford Super Duty Owner
What A Mess

Ever wonder "what is behind that"? I had to remove the wet bay panel to get a better idea what was going on back there. Couple mods on my mind and needed to see what was really back there. Two fittings were not leaking but showing signs of leaking in the past. Probably when I got lazy and didn't use the pressure regulator. They both were a bit loose. I just checked them all and at least four were easy to tighten by hand
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PLUMBING.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	150020  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #2762

Ford Super Duty Owner
More mods fixes and upgrades

#9​5 Both dump valves operated by braille. Installed two Valterra T1046-10VP Adjustable Extension Rod Ki​ts. $13.51 ea Amazon prime. Gray valve easiest so I did it first​. Hold rod as close to handle as possible and unscrew. I tried cloth to keep from marring shaft but ended up metal on metal and handle was easy to unscrew. If shaft is marred - clean it up as rough edges will damage shaft seal at gate valve housing and it might leak. Recommend reusing both old handles as they at color coded black and gray. Push valve fully closed and mount coupling shaft on threads with some space between end of coupling and housing. If gap can not be felt in the future the valve may not be seating fully. I cut extension shaft long enough to have some space between handle and panel. Both of my extended rods ended up below the panel and I felt they needed some support. Cut thick plastic and screwed to back side. Black valve was a challenge due to handle being very close to panel. When I tried to open valve the coupling would hit backside of the new mounting bracket and was difficult to line up with the larger hole - also the screw was a problem. I reamed out the inside of a scrap PVC pipe with a paddle bit so the coupling would fit inside. Drilled hole in pipe for screw. Used Dremel to make a flat spot on shaft for mounting screw. When everything good and tight cut off screw head and ground down smooth with surface of PVC. If you are in the "leave gray open camp" the door will close with the valve open. If you have tools to modify coupling it can be cut short and eliminate extra work. I seem to be having a bad pic day. Both original pics were right side up!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Black dump valve.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	150022   Click image for larger version

Name:	gray dump valve.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	150023  

Old 01-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #2763

Thor Owners Club
Spoke with an RV parts company today re the struts. They contacted Thor who told them that the struts on the unit was the shortest ones made by Master-Lift. She suggested buying local. Make sure they are at least 20 lbs pressure.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #2764

Ford Super Duty Owner

#9​6 If your Challenger has the vertical pleated shades on front side windows - this mod is for you! As it is curtain fastens at front with Velcro. To open or close them can be a body bending experience. Solution - fasten back end instead! Then when parked you unhook curtain and slide it forward leaving room to open window and not have any of the precious airflow blocked. This can be done at least two ways. Double stick Velcro which is probably the easiest to install or button snaps. I opted for the button snaps: I could use the existing screw holes and I thought the snaps would hold better on the highway with the windows open. Snap kits (chrome or brass finish) come with installation tools. Just be sure the kit has male studs with hole in center for screw mounting on wall. Rail held to valance with brackets - remove rear bracket screws and loosen middle enough to drop rear end of rail below valance. Now curtain rollers will come off the back end. Be careful as over time the wire frame that holds the rollers will spread and the rollers will fall out. Just put them back in place and use pliers to SLIGHTLY compress the wire frame. The snaps I had were not thick enough to securely fit over four layers of fabric - so I just removed some fabric. Follow instruction with kit and done. Not sure why but irv2 is rotating all pictures I posted lately - sorry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	curtain mod.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	150089   Click image for larger version

Name:	CURTAIN.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	150090  

Old 01-27-2017, 07:37 AM   #2765

Ford Super Duty Owner
Once More

Maybe this will work
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COC TAMPA 1.18.2017.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	532.3 KB
ID:	150166  
Old 01-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #2766

Are you serious?

Hello, I just purchased Sirius satellite radio for my 2016 KT. Has anybody installed or had this installed? My question is where would I mount the small wired antenna? Will it work just sitting on my dashboard? Will the reception be good enough? Let me know your thoughts, thank you
marcdohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #2767

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdohc View Post
Hello, I just purchased Sirius satellite radio for my 2016 KT. Has anybody installed or had this installed? My question is where would I mount the small wired antenna? Will it work just sitting on my dashboard? Will the reception be good enough? Let me know your thoughts, thank you
I tried with the antenna on the dash. It worked maybe 50% of the time. Like a satellite TV antenna, it has to have a clear view of the southern sky. I eventually bought a Sirius marine antenna, routed the cable up the windshield pillar and mounted it on the front of the roof. Works all the time now.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #2768

thanks for the reply, Did you drill a hole through the side of the Rv?
marcdohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #2769

We just have it loose on over the lip in the front right windshield area and it works fine about 98% of the time. We seem to only use when driving.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #2770

DW has it on the dash. She aims it occassionally but it seems to work reasonably; more than the 50% already cited. We drive more east-west than north, so I suppose that plays a role. Heading north may be a problem.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #2771

Ford Super Duty Owner

#9​7 Roller shade repair. We had a small accident (don't ask) and kitchen shade had smoke damage to bottom three inches. Carefully pull shade to almost full out. Pull off left end cap and partially slide tube off bottom of shade. Make drawing or take picture of how end of shade is positioned inside tube. Remove tube, staples holding plastic strip and finally the green plastic strip - it has sticky side. Make several marks just above damaged area equal distance from bottom. Position plastic strip along marks - sticky side on fabric and staple. Cut off damaged area using plastic strip as a cutting guide. Slide tube back over cut end with same fold in fabric as original. Adjust clear end roller to set new stop point for auto roll up. Irving Shade & Door has four videos - search youtube for"slow rise roller shade." I did above without removing shade from valance - just worked on kitchen counter
Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #2772

Ford Super Duty Owner

#9​8 Project - convert kitchen counter light to LED. Two 8W fluorescent bulbs generate enough heat to discolor lens reducing light output. I opted for two 6 watt led fixtures ( 17cm LED COB DRL Daytime Running Light waterproof DC12v 6W from Ebay) under $3.00 for two. Night light was also generating to much heat so I replaced it at the same time.
Remove lens by pinching sides and bulbs by turning 1/4 turn to access mounting screws. Remove end cap on ballast end (opposite switch) and cut red and black wires near ballast. I left enough wire to reconnect ballast if needed. Drill holes at corners and push red and black wires into housing and connect to new lights red to red and black to black. Mount lights with provided double stick tape. I hot glued wire caps to bottom of housing. Picture of lens included to show damage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170130_095452.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	150452   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_095533.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	150453  

Name:	20170130_110932.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	150454   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_111034.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	150455  

Tags
lippert, slide, thor