Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #2787

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm looking for anyone with a Challenger 37GT with a factory installed residential refrigerator. I believe the change from the Dometic 4 door was made in 2014. Could someone with a residential fridge please give me the dimensions of the opening and also the make/model of the refrigerator. My Dometic is showing signs of age and I'm trying to figure if there is a residential that would fit the opening, or did Thor change the cabinetry?
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #2788

Carolina Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I'm looking for anyone with a Challenger 37GT with a factory installed residential refrigerator. ... Could someone ... give me the dimensions of the opening and also the make/model of the refrigerator.

I have a 2014.5 37GT. It has a residential refrigerator. As it is in the shop, I can not get that for you, but will be happy to do so in a week or two, if someone else does not provide....
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:31 AM   #2789

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I have a 2014.5 37GT. It has a residential refrigerator. As it is in the shop, I can not get that for you, but will be happy to do so in a week or two, if someone else does not provide....
Same here. I should be back to mine maybe Monday.
daverubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:04 AM   #2790

The original res refrig was a top freezer two door model with a pantry next to it. Late 2015 and with the 2016 it went to a side by side and the end of the island had to be changed to accommodate the opening of the doors. They were both Whirlpools. That being said a bigger concern is possibly the coach door opening and ability to bring the refer in. I know this doesn't help with dimensions but the size of the coach entry door will be an issue. I would use the opening dimensions from the Dometic including depth, look at refers that are simple (not a lot of computerized functions, more mechanical functions) that will fit the space and then check the depth of fridge with doors off to see if it will fit thru door. Hopefully then you will not have to modify cabinetry. Measure to see if the island will be an issue opening fridge doors with the slide in. Just my two cents!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:49 AM   #2791

Ford Super Duty Owner
#​100​ Continued: Replace sleeper sofa with double recliners. Window side valances under a bit of stress from chair back in full upright. Decided to shorten them. Scary project but turns out to be easy. Once decision made how much to cut off top, about 1.5 inch in my case - just mark all the way around on both sides with a Sharpie. Cut away all fabric except that between panels with razor blade and cut wood/fiber board with fine tooth blade. I used saber saw with metal cutting blade. Probably not necessary but I used a hot glue gun on fabric ends to keep them in place. If you have a stapler - that would be faster. Tap old screw holes with hammer and smooth fabric around hole as much as possible. Re-install using brackets in same place on the wall. Old holes in fabric not noticeable. The problem I mentioned earlier in getting chairs to lock into slots resolved. Raised console and good end up and studs just dropped into place and slid back into locking position. Secured outlet strip to top of TV enclosure with double stick Velcro. Plugged in a phone charger and ran cord between console back and base - between hinges and left end in console storage. Next and final step - staple 1/8"x3" neoprene strips to 1x3's cut to fit cutouts on the ends. Neoprene will seal sides just like front and hopefully reduce drafts from the outside. Very noticeable on cold days in bare feet. 1x3 will also be cut to trim front and all pieces painted flat black. Chair frames will be screwed to floor, a double rum and coke prepared and recliners enjoyed for many days and hopefully years to come. Pics of final results should be posted later tomorrow. Questions? Ask quick before I forget.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 power.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	151481   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 trim.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	151482  

Name:	2 trim.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	151483   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 valance.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	151484  

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:59 AM   #2792

Ford Super Duty Owner
#100 more pics. Trim boards in place. Fit and finish not that great. Woodworking as a full timer leaves a lot to be desired. But since this is all at floor level and almost covered - few will notice - I hope.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1  front trim.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	151485   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 corner trim.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	151486  

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #2793

Carolina Campers
Looks good!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #2794

Ford Super Duty Owner
#​100​ Finished AND DONE! Ready for many hours of doing nothing, napping, reading, TV and conversation. Project summary: Chairs are comfortable, will stay in partial recline position (not true for many others we tested,) armrest and center console not at same height, feet in air when sitting (that is due to slide floor being 4 inches higher than coach floor,) cup holders only big enough for cans and water bottles, no holes in cup holders - that is good - any condensation will stay in cup holder. D-ring recline release handle a bit hard to pull but release works reliably, effort needed to return recliner to upright and lock is very modest, no visable defects in chairs - construction seems solid for price. There was a recline problem in one chair as a result of being dropped in shipping easy DIY fix. Seller responded promptly to two emails. Considering fact that we saved $1,200 over what we had planned to buy - we are Happy Campers. Would we buy them again - YES! I am going to take a nap.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 done.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	151533  
Old 02-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #2795

Carolina Campers
Very nice!
Old 02-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #2796

Hi Chuck! We met you at RV show in Tampa, Fl a couple weeks ago. Can you give us a call? 813-629-0373. Want to talk to you about the theater seating. Patty
PattyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #2797

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyP View Post
Hi Chuck! We met you at RV show in Tampa, Fl a couple weeks ago. Can you give us a call? 813-629-0373. Want to talk to you about the theater seating. Patty
Will do later today or tomorrow
Old 02-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #2798

Tiffin Owners Club
We're getting theater seating also. We bought the camping world set for a little over 1K at the show. Haven't gotten them yet as the mh has been at CW since 1/27. More on that later.
daverubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #2799

My wife wants open shelving in the Kitchen. She doesn't like cupboards. Has anyone seen examples or have ideas?
Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 AM   #2800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal55 View Post
My wife wants open shelving in the Kitchen. She doesn't like cupboards. Has anyone seen examples or have ideas?
The woodwork Thor uses is easy to rework. I am not a woodworker, but TotalValue RV has made many woodwork changes/additions for us that look just like they came from the factory. We have added an open shelf in the bathroom. But I would be concerned with driving with stuff on the shelves. Our bathroom shelf is empty when we move.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor