Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2017, 02:48 AM   #2955

Tiffin Owners Club
we replaced our uncomfortable couch as well with the recliner set from Camping World. Love it!
daverubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #2956

I don't think recliners are factory. We pulled out our sofa bed and put in 2 recliners with a arm rest in the middle. We love it! We still have the bunk bed over the drivers seat and we kept blow up air mattress from the sofa and we blow it up and put it on living room floor. Works good for us.
PattyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #2957

Don, I always start the gen if I'm not hooked up to move the slides. I've had issues with the big slide on battery.
coolinthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #2958

Ford Super Duty Owner
On my 2014 KT I tried to go cheap with wiper blades and put the longest I could find at a local auto parts store . They don't work very well . Can someone give the measurements for the correct RV wiper blades? I lost my measurements for the factory ones .

Thanks
Old 08-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #2959

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 View Post
On my 2014 KT I tried to go cheap with wiper blades and put the longest I could find at a local auto parts store . They don't work very well . Can someone give the measurements for the correct RV wiper blades? I lost my measurements for the factory ones .

Thanks
Our 37GT requires 32" blades. Longest I could find at auto stores was 28". Finally found RV dealer who had them....$109 for the pair. Since have seen many recommend good quality 28" doing the job just fine.
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #2960

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Try Camping World. That's where I got mine
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 AM   #2961

Thor Service

Spent 2 days at Thor Service Center in Wakarusa IN. A great experience. Simon, our technician, corrected a few warranty items and much more. As you all know getting service while on the road is next to impossible so we scheduled this stop knowing we would be in the area. Went on the Thor Factory tour of the diesel and high end gas coaches which was enjoyable and educational. The area is very Amish and there is so much to do during the day including the Midwest's Largest Flea Markets with miles of vendors open on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6071.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	172635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6079.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	172636  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6080.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	172637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6082.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	172638  

Old 08-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #2962

Coach A/C or insulation issues

This is our first hot weather trip. IN Houston for a couple months.

It's in the upper 90s every day and no shade to be had. Staying at Lakeview RV by the way just minutes from the medical center and it's a great place.

The front 3/4 of our 37YT heats up by 11-noon to above 82 degrees and stays there until nearly 10pm. It's almost unbearable. Mobile tech came out and said our A/Cs were putting out proper amps/voltage.

We've beenRV'ing up to 75 days/year for over 30 years in mostly Texas and New Mexico and this is the first time I've experienced this heat. We've resorted to just leaving during the middle of the day to miss it.

I'm scheduled to install an exterior sunshade at the end of the month, but we even have extreme heat in the interior cabinets and in the slides.

Any other additional ideas or experiences?
Troutkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #2963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutkiller View Post
This is our first hot weather trip. IN Houston for a couple months.

It's in the upper 90s every day and no shade to be had. Staying at Lakeview RV by the way just minutes from the medical center and it's a great place.

The front 3/4 of our 37YT heats up by 11-noon to above 82 degrees and stays there until nearly 10pm. It's almost unbearable. Mobile tech came out and said our A/Cs were putting out proper amps/voltage.

We've beenRV'ing up to 75 days/year for over 30 years in mostly Texas and New Mexico and this is the first time I've experienced this heat. We've resorted to just leaving during the middle of the day to miss it.

I'm scheduled to install an exterior sunshade at the end of the month, but we even have extreme heat in the interior cabinets and in the slides.

Any other additional ideas or experiences?

Had the same problem in my 37YT. Kept complaining and takeing the MH back in for warranty work at CW Katy, TX. Always the same answer. Working within spec. Gave up on CW and took it to a closer dealership. They also said the unit was working within specification, but that the unit was not the right BTU. It should be 15K BTU not 13.5K BTU. They said some dealerships do downsize A/C's to offer lower sales prices. The Challengers on their lot all had 15K BTU front units. Offered to replace my A/C with a larger one under warranty for the obvious reason - too damn hot. I did pay the difference. The front of my MH is much cooler now.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #2964

Ford Super Duty Owner
With no shade the roof/ceiling can get very hot. That heats air in the ducts significantly increasing air temp before it reaches the many ceiling vents. The ceiling mounted air return and filter assembly usually has slides that open and dump air right out of the air box. Opening the vents will get you colder air. Coupled with sun screens on front windows you will be more comfortable.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #2965

Reflexit (sp?) on windshield and side windows. Ceiling vents and skylight too.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #2966

Thanks for everything..

My last unit had 18 in the main living area. This one is 15.

I'm ordering the exterior sunshade this week but it's 3 weeks to delivery.

Yesterday I found a Lowes nearby and bought a 25'x4' roll of the reflective bubble wrap insulation. Installed it inside against the windshield and front side windows, then rolled my night shades down as well.

Next I'm gonna figure out how to insulate that area above the exterior of the slides (under the slide awning). Lots of heat gets into the MH from there. Maybe just stuff some insulation in there. Put it into a heavy duty lawn bag?

1pm today it's easily 10 degrees cooler than yesterday and with some floor fans running we're at least comfortable enough to get by until the sunshade arrives.

Side note: the CW in Katy has been a real pleasure. Been there 3-4 times this summer and it's a real nice store. Manager advised that they will match any online sales price and he has on multiple items. Nice store.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #2967

4pm update, middle of coach warming up considerably. Probably 85F?

Earlier poster talked about the roof insulation, or lack thereof, and I think he hit the nail on the head. Not enough insulation there.

Would a paint on type solution do any good? Anybody ever try that?
Old 08-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #2968

Hello everyone,
Thought I would finally show some changes that I have made to my Challenger. We removed the dining table and changed it out for a different one, similar to what has been posted in this thread already. We went with a smaller table so we would have room for a littler box.

I am still working on some other changes and will post some pictures later. One project I am working on is adding a BMV 700 battery monitor and I am stuck. I can't find the main ground for all loads. There is a negative that seems to go to the inverter but I'm not sure if that is the main negative because that would not power the 12v connections.

The BMV 700 requires a negative cable from the battery, then the other end is plugged into all of the "load" negative connections, that "load" negative is the connection that I can't find anywhere. Everything I'm seeing in the battery bay appears to be positive.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor