Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
#113 - Side markers lights - especially the amber ones on top of the front cap have been a real problem. They just fall apart or fall off on the road. I had problems finding replacement lens that would fit. So initially I just bought the whole assembly and replaced side marker light assembly at rear wheels and moved old lens to front cap. I finally found direct replacement lenses: Bargman 34-59-010 Red lens and Peterson V2549-15A Amber lens. Both were a good snap on and tight fit but I added a bit of silicon on the bottom edge just to be sure they stay. Found them at local PPL store in Houston. BTW they have great online parts service. Pic attached of one I removed today. For some reason the red lenses have not been a problem - yet. Next time on roof check yours. If you see a lot of cracking in lens as shown in the pic - start looking for replacements.
For those still under warranty, just call or email Thor customer care. The amber lens cap fell off the top front (passenger side above windshield). They shipped several replacements to me, no charge.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #3110

LED Awning Lights

Hi group been awhile since I posted or asked a question. 16 KT front awning lights not working, this happened to me once before and it just needed to be reset, but for the life of me I can't remember where the reset is? Anyone know?
Old 04-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #3111

Chuck. We have replaced two of them and easily got them from dealer we bought from OEM. I don't know why you have had the problem finding OEM.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #3112

Hi
Wife and I are now owners of a pre owned 2017 Challenger 37 TB ! It had 5,045 miles, and still smelled new. It did have damage to the Wet Bay door, which the Dealership was in the process of replacing( door ordered).
We traded our Truck and 5th Wheel on the way from Western NC to Paducah KY for the International Quilt Show. We left the Dealership heading on to KY, about an hour and a half out, heard a loud noise out the left side, I looked in the mirror and see what I thought was the battery compartment door flapping in the breeze! I was coming up on a exit, so I took it and there was a Home Depot there. What had happened was the door skin had separated and folded back ! Upon further inspection I found the door skin is held in place by Double Stick Tape and a thin bead of some sort of adhesive. My wife bought stainless self drilling sheet metal screws, and I bent the panel back in place, and secured it with the screws.
I have posted this in a couple of places already on irv2, and Facebook, but want all coach owners to check your cargo/utility bay doors for signs of Debonding. One owner I have been in contact with had 9 doors with loose door Skins, that had to be reattached with a stronger bond.
Please check your doors ! ! !
We love our First Class A, Love the floor plan, it's perfect for our family.
Looking at a Good Sam Warranty, any suggestions for other plans ?Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180416_132216.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	200877Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180416_151824.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	200878
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #3113

Wow! That debonding issue, ugh! So far no signs of it on our 2017 37LX. Hopefully I can always say that! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #3114

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has done some remodeling. I am looking for new captains chairs, redue the couch, maybe even redue the shower. Also thinking of adding a third air conditioner (don't even know if I can) and the on demand water heater. Has? anyone done any of these things?
DMcRaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #3115

We took out love seat and put in recliners. Bought them through Rec Pro. Love them!
PattyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #3116

If like us you have 12.5 BTU ACs, why not upgrade to 15s or at least one up front, instead of a third? That is what I am tempted to do.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #3117
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
If like us you have 12.5 BTU ACs, why not upgrade to 15s or at least one up front, instead of a third? That is what I am tempted to do.
I was thinking about that as well.

Our top two changes are new theater seating, and 15k ac for front.

KC
Old 05-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #3118

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I was thinking about that as well.

Our top two changes are new theater seating, and 15k ac for front.

KC
KC, did you experience a significant improvement with the 15k AC vs the 13.5? And can I ask, what was the upgrade cost?

Mike
Old 05-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #3119
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
KC, did you experience a significant improvement with the 15k AC vs the 13.5? And can I ask, what was the upgrade cost?

Mike
I have not done either yet, looking to do them. Sorry

KC
Old 05-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #3120
KC

Streaming Netflix

Hello all I want to stream Netflix in our Challenger any advice on how to boost the LTE signal from a hot spot?

Thanks

KC
Old 05-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post

Mike
I upgraded my front 13.5k to a 15K AC and the improvement is very noticeable.
With the 13.5K as a trade (basically a new unit) I paid $450 installed. I don't understand why this is not an option at purchase. In the southern half of the US it's basically a necessity.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #3122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
I upgraded my front 13.5k to a 15K AC and the improvement is very noticeable.
With the 13.5K as a trade (basically a new unit) I paid $450 installed. I don't understand why this is not an option at purchase. In the southern half of the US it's basically a necessity.
Where did you have it done?

Tags
lippert, slide, thor