Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #3151

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyP View Post
I hate those cup holders in Challenger. My husband buys a big gulp and then spills it each time! I crocheted a coaster thing and it helps a little bit but mostly the big silver cups that keeps your drink cold for hours leans up front. The entertainment seating has cup holders built in and my cups don't fit in them either.

We have had the same problem, nothing fits a Thor cup holder. [emoji35]
SteveW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #3152

Battery water

How would you be able to check the water level in the batteries?
okiefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:45 AM   #3153

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefrank View Post
You can add a pro fill. Makes life a lot easier.
https://flow-rite.com/battery-watering/pro-fill
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #3154

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefrank View Post

I have a pitcher looking thing that you push down into the cell and it flows until at the right level and automatically shuts off. About $10 on Amazon. Before that I was able to use a flashlight and just look down in.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #3155

we have 2017 Challenger YT and we had them add 2 additional batteries prior to pick up. Also had 500W solar panels (4 panels) to the roof.

We dry camp in Colorado, just did Thursday to today Memorial Day and only had the generator on a few times to make coffee and microwave so items.

Really like that set up

few questions if any Challenger YT owners or others.
1. does anyone else have trouble accidently hitting the inside door lock with the red cap when exiting. It happened to me today(second time but first time I had the keys in hand) this time I was checking the toys on the trailer after coming out of the lake area in Buena Vista Colorado. Left unit running as it was going to be a quick walk around. 3 dogs as my co pilots were laughing at me, wife and daughter left early. Locked myself out! luckily I had unlocked the drivers window and was able to slide open and climb up the lug nuts, to the top of the tire and threw my 55 year old butt threw the opening. Luckily nobody witnessed that to my knowledge. We have had a few times where it gets bumped and locks the door. Going to get a hidakey box and get a back up. dumb design.

2. anyone get a leak from residential fridge water line behind fridge? It may have froze over winter as this was first trip of the year thankfully I found the connection behind kitchen sink and was able to shut it off to fridge. I drained the water last fall and its stored in garage and I didn't see instructions for winterizing...can that be blown out with air...next year? and if you have have you pulled the fridge and accessed lines to replace...DIY style. any tips appreciated.

3. power awnings- mine is useless if even a mild breeze. Older RV had the pull down type with the arms that you had to pull out and for 13 years sat out side in pouring rain and wind and never had a issue. Anyone go retro and replace the power with the old style?
Bakeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #3156

I hate my automatic fancy awning,, slight breeze and it trys to fold up. it is too high to reach to put lights on,
okiefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #3157

1 Never had that problem on ours .sounds like they may be different designs.
2 Icemakers in refers may be more problem than they are worth. We have never turned ours on and just bring a bag of ice when we head out on a trip.
3 Our power awning is also a wind monster and nearly worthless.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #3158

Anyone changed from wet cell to AGM batteries for house? If so, what did you have to reset or adjust if anything?
Old 06-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #3159

Thor Owners Club
Stinky slinky

We just picked up our 37KT a little under a month ago. I’m struggling to get the sewer hoses set up so there aren’t low spots and I don’t have to hook/unhook to dump both greys.

Would anybody care to share their setup that they feel works for a semi permanent setup?
Old 06-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #3160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
We just picked up our 37KT a little under a month ago. I’m struggling to get the sewer hoses set up so there aren’t low spots and I don’t have to hook/unhook to dump both greys.

Would anybody care to share their setup that they feel works for a semi permanent setup?

We love our KT. Welcome to the club. We hook/unhook, but you can buy a Y connector and run a slinky from both ports (main and washer) to the Y. We also just live with low spots depending on the lay of the site, but with those expandable supports for the hose you should be able to get a gradual slope to most any sewer port.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #3161

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Check out the Sewer Solutions. Can use 3/4 garden hose or one inch pvc pipe and make just about any kind of setup you need. No need for all down hill. Will even push up a couple feet. Ours is about five years old including over two years of fulltime use with no problems or failures. Still using original equipment.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:10 AM   #3162

Quote:
On our long trips (6-10 weeks in the summer) I use both Sewer Solution and a regular dump hose. I attach the Sewer Solution to the forward gray/washing machine tank and the regular hose to the aft gray/blank tanks, propped up by one of those hose supports like the Sidewinder. That made it easy and fast to dump them. The “fast” part is the one real downside to the Sewer Solution: it can be really slow when macerating/draining the black tank and requires a second fresh water hose (which you don’t need to use if you’re just draining the forward gray tank).
Old 06-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #3163

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Check out the Sewer Solutions. Can use 3/4 garden hose or one inch pvc pipe and make just about any kind of setup you need. No need for all down hill. Will even push up a couple feet. Ours is about five years old including over two years of fulltime use with no problems or failures. Still using original equipment.
I already have started looking in to that one based on your sig block...
Old 06-03-2018, 11:06 PM   #3164

I don't check it, but it wouldn't be very hard.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor