Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 07:45 AM   #3193

Help With Sofa Bed

Anyone with a Challenger with this model of sofa bed, can you hep me figure out how to use it?? It makes no sense to me at all. We have a 2017 37LX. We opted for the sofa rather than the recliners because we have 3 adult children, their SOs, and 2 step-grands that often stay with us and extra sleeping space was a priority. The problem is the sofa bed is pretty much unusable.

It has 2 cushions underneath that one would think would be used to make up the extra sleeping space when the bed is pulled out. Except they don't fit well and are taller than the seat cushions, so the bed is not flat.The sofa back cushions don't fit any better and they are lumpy! When the bed is extended, it slopes downward just a bit, making it uncomfortable for the people trying to sleep on it. Then try putting a fitted sheet on that mess. There are no corners under which to tuck the sheet because the seat cushions are attached to the front of the sofa and it won't stay on. Help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9837.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	212039   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9838.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	212040  

Name:	IMG_9839.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	212041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9841.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	212042  

Name:	IMG_9842.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	212043   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9843.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	212044  

Name:	IMG_9844.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	212045  
BradnKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #3194

Couch looks like ours when closed, but ours came with a separate air mattress to sleep on. We don't use ours for sleeping so can't help any more than that. I wonder if you are missing a piece (the air mattress).
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:04 AM   #3195

Thor Owners Club
Sofa bed

Looks like ours too. We used the back cushions, but it was not comfortable. Ours didn't come with an air cushion, so we added one. Have since replaced it.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #3196

Thanks for your help. I think a replacing with recliners is in our future. It's not very comfortable to sit on, let alone sleep on.
BradnKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #3197

Will Thor let you pick up your Class A from the Factory?

I'm looking for a new Class A and so far my favorite is a Thor Challenger KT.

I'm just outside of Collage Station Texas and most of the units I see have over a thousand miles already on them. I'm not too thrilled about letting a delivery driver "break in" my new engine for me and I was wondering if I could pick up my unit from the factory.

Has anyone done this? Will Thor allow me to purchase it from my dealer and then drive it to Texas?

I have found a Thor dealer who makes a point of there only being 63 miles on their units because they are so close to the factory. While I could buy one there I'm worried about the local dealers pushing me to the end of the line if I need warranty work..
S_Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:36 AM   #3198

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Watkins View Post

I'm just outside of Collage Station Texas and most of the units I see have over a thousand miles already on them. I'm not too thrilled about letting a delivery driver "break in" my new engine for me and I was wondering if I could pick up my unit from the factory.

Has anyone done this? Will Thor allow me to purchase it from my dealer and then drive it to Texas?

I have found a Thor dealer who makes a point of there only being 63 miles on their units because they are so close to the factory. While I could buy one there I'm worried about the local dealers pushing me to the end of the line if I need warranty work..
I purchased from Total Value RV. They are great and even have sites where you camp to checj everything for a couple days. Very thorough walk thru and resolved everything before I ever drove away. Great parts department as well.
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:06 AM   #3199

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Watkins View Post

The drivers who bring the new motorhomes to the dealers keep a log of faults they find during the journey from the factory. The dealership should correct these faults before you purchase. Better than you experiencing them on your long drive home. With that list and your list from your PDI, hopefully your warranty problems will be fewer.

I live in College Station and found the dealership north of Bryan to be very honest and customer oriented. I wish I had purchased my Challenger 37YT from them. I had the unfortunate experience to deal with CW in Katy, TX.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:32 AM   #3200

Daughter has 2015 Thor Ace 30.1 Bunkhouse for sale. 20,000 miles. Husband grad of A&M. Died 5 yrs ago of cancer at age 40. Call for more details of the MH. 405-471-2959. Edmond, OK
PappaJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:59 AM   #3201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
I purchased from Total Value RV. They are great and even have sites where you camp to checj everything for a couple days. Very thorough walk thru and resolved everything before I ever drove away. Great parts department as well.

We did the same with Total Value RV. Ours had about 50 miles on it. Don't know about whether you will find easy local warranty service after that, but usually best to schedule a trip or two back to Indiana for service at the factory anyway. I don't think Thor has any factory pickup by buyer.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #3202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
The drivers who bring the new motorhomes to the dealers keep a log of faults they find during the journey from the factory. The dealership should correct these faults before you purchase. Better than you experiencing them on your long drive home. With that list and your list from your PDI, hopefully your warranty problems will be fewer.

I live in College Station and found the dealership north of Bryan to be very honest and customer oriented. I wish I had purchased my Challenger 37YT from them. I had the unfortunate experience to deal with CW in Katy, TX.

I'm more worried about the break-in period of the engine than recording problems with the coach I'm not too sure a delivery driver would follow a break in regiment that required them to take more time on the trip, if one is required.

I'm not familiar with the ford engine, really wish it was a Duramax diesel in there, but all my Chevy Duramax's had specific instructions on how they should be driven in the first 500 miles. That included limiting it to slow speeds and no cruise control driving.

I stopped by the Dealer you mentioned yesterday morning and spoke with the General Manager. I had read somewhere on this Forum that someone (maybe you?) had been impressed with their service so I went to check them out. They did not have a KT but are looking into ordering me one...
Old 07-31-2018, 05:27 PM   #3203

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaJ13 View Post
Daughter has 2015 Thor Ace 30.1 Bunkhouse for sale. 20,000 miles. Husband grad of A&M. Died 5 yrs ago of cancer at age 40. Call for more details of the MH. 405-471-2959. Edmond, OK
I'm sorry for your loss...
Old 08-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #3204

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaJ13 View Post
If you haven't already, you might want to post the coach in the IRV2 Classified section. It's free. The more pics the better! Good luck with the sale, and my condolences to your daughter.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #3205

New Wannabe Checking In

This is my first post on IRV2...I do not own an RV yet, but I couldn't find IwannaRV2.com, so I hope you don't mind non-owner participation...

I just finished reading all of the posts on this string going back to 2015, so I will try not to ask too many rookie questions. I have been going to RV shows for the last couple of years; I am constantly Googling RV sites and watch RV videos on Youtube and I actually drove to Hershey, PA from Newport, RI for the RV show. (I may need a 12-step group)

After all of that investigation the Challenger is my most favorite model. I was struck by the Challenger layouts and the overall feel of the units. I am about 3 years from retirement and I am seriously starting to plan a purchase in 2 years.

I visited the CW in Berkley and walked through a 2017 LX. There have been several comments on CW and most of them were not too complimentary, especially regarding service. I think I read a comment from a member living on Cape Cod, but was wondering if anyone has dealer recommendations for New England?

I have really enjoyed reading so many of your posts...It is really nice how you all support each other and stay so positive even when you feel like beating your head against the wall...

See you around the forum...

Will
WillfromRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #3206

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillfromRI View Post
This is my first post on IRV2...I do not own an RV yet, but I couldn't find IwannaRV2.com, so I hope you don't mind non-owner participation...

You are welcome as a wannabe. We too think the Challenger has the best floorplans. That is why we are in one despite Thor's sometimes sketchy build reputation. Still glad we are after 60,000+ miles. I can't help with a New England dealer. Maybe others will be able to.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor