Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #3249

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Has anyone replaced there dash radio wit something better? Was it easy? Any special tools?

Thanks

KC
Yes, our Jensen went "black & no camera" after just a year. Can't remember name of new radio for sure, but it was $900. Does Access Audio sound right? Maybe that's the dealer name Dealer laughed when I said our Jensen went bad Dealer installed the new one
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 02:25 AM   #3250

Thor Owners Club
Kinda Quiet Here !!

Everyone Must be Winterized
Old 12-06-2018, 08:21 AM   #3251

So what should we talk about? I am not winterized. The MH is in its garage for now, but recently returned from CA and will be going back soon. Also going to Phoenix for Billy Joel and then on to Tucson. Wow, is finding a four night stop in an RV Park in or near Pheonix in March ever a pain. So far haven't found one. Anyone want to share the month of March in Mesa?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:20 PM   #3252

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
So what should we talk about? I am not winterized.
Unfortunately we are winterized, now for the second Winter in a row. Last year we cancelled our winter south, so my wife, who is not very mobile due to acute Spinal Steonsis, could get in to a therapy program to improve that mobility.

Then this past April she was diagnosed with two separate cancers (not related, though). So radiation from mid-Summer thru Fall, which at this point appear to be successful, has taken the "zap" out of her, so we're still in dry dock. If her follow up tests in January turn out OK, we hope to be on our way by February.

Enough about us.....What's everyone else up to ??
Old 12-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #3253

Looking to replace Michelin 235/80R22.5 Tires with Toyo Tires. Have been reading that the M154 or M170's are well liked. What specific size are a good replacement for the Michelins on the Challenger?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #3254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal55 View Post
Looking to replace Michelin 235/80R22.5 Tires with Toyo Tires. Have been reading that the M154 or M170's are well liked. What specific size are a good replacement for the Michelins on the Challenger?

Can't answer your question, but one thing to consider is that I have heard the Toro's sometimes stink, literally. May only matter if you garage it.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #3255

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Not posting a reply But I have a question.

New inquiry: I Have a 15 Thor Challenger 37KT and I am looking into removing the carpet from the large Slide and replacing it with Laminate wood flooring to match the existing floor color. Has anyone here done this and if so what type of trim did you use to allow the slide floor to meet the coach floor evenly and will not get caught on the floor edge. I have researched this and there are some trims that would work but i want to use the best option and not miss anything.

Thanks in advance,

Russell Sapp
2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
Rsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #3256

Important heads up for all who tow!! We have a 2012 Challenger 37KT. The attached picture shows that the frame is failing and was almost catastrophic. We flat tow and have not exceeded mfg limits. Please check yours for your safety and others!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190109_142934.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	231507  
Thebigd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #3257

Well I was going to say it is nice to see some activity in this thread, but not this way. First I have heard of this problem.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #3258

Thor Owners Club
Scary. I am glad you caught it early. I would file an NHTSA complaint as this should never happen if towing within the allotted towing capacity. Thanks for bringing this to our attention which should remind everyone the importance of double checking everything periodically.
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:03 AM   #3259

Anyone going to the Tampa Florida RV show next week? We are going on Wednesday. It’s at the fairgrounds.
PattyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #3260

We are arriving on Friday night...have granddaughter duty the beginning of the week, so we had to arrive late. DW and I are Challenger wanna be owners. Plan on taking the plunge spring 2020 about 9 months before I retire...We are hoping to go full-time for at least a year to see if we want to stay FT.

Will and Michele
Newport, RI
WillfromRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #3261

Upgrading

We are heading to the Boston RV show this weekend and likely going to upgrade from our 2018 Mallard 245 TT into a Challenger 37KT. Anything I should watch out for?
Jolimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #3262

I hope you are just going to look.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor