Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #3277

Just a quick update on the awning switch issue. After searching wires, I located a cut thin wire where the power goes from sharp base and into the awning seam to the motor. Wire was very tight from aluminum tube to awning causing friction to cut the wire. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. After correcting the issue with a spliced wire and adding some slack, I was able to properly extend and retract.
Frankc643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 06:23 AM   #3278

Slide-out Fluid

I have a 2015 Thor Challenger 37TB. Just parked it in my driveway after picking it up from service at Camping World. It rained really hard for several hours. When I got in it the next day, there was a brownish liquid all over the floor. Looks like it was running out from under the sofa and dinette which is on a slide. The liquid was very tough to remove.

Is this hydraulic slide fluid? Does this signify a leak in the slide motor? Any ideas on how to identify where the leak is happing and how to fix?
djwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #3279

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwatts View Post
I have a 2015 Thor Challenger 37TB. Just parked it in my driveway after picking it up from service at Camping World. It rained really hard for several hours. When I got in it the next day, there was a brownish liquid all over the floor. Looks like it was running out from under the sofa and dinette which is on a slide. The liquid was very tough to remove.

Is this hydraulic slide fluid? Does this signify a leak in the slide motor? Any ideas on how to identify where the leak is happening and how to fix?
Actually, now that recall, before I took it to CW, there was a puddle of hydraulic fluid the ground under that slide. I reported as a leveler issue which I am having as well.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #3280

Quote:
Actually, now that recall, before I took it to CW, there was a puddle of hydraulic fluid the ground under that slide. I reported as a leveler issue which I am having as well.
This is a Schwinteck system. So, does it even have hydraulic fluid or could the leak be something else. If it's the levelers, why would it leak in the cabin?
Old 03-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #3281

Quote:
This is a Schwinteck system. So, does it even have hydraulic fluid or could the leak be something else. If it's the levelers, why would it leak in the cabin?
Update- leak inside the coach was not hydraulic fluid. It was greazy water from the slide. Must be leaking through the seals.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #3282

My 14 1/2 KT doesn't have hydraulic slides; all electric.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #3283

Headlight Short

When I hit a bump in my 2015 37TB, the camera flickers, the high beam indicator on the dash flickers, and the headlights flicker. CW said they found a loose connection in the back-up camera and fixed it but could not reproduce the headlight issue. However, on my way home from CW the headlights are still doing the same thing. The high beam indicator does this even if the headlights are off.

Any clue where this short might be located?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #3284

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Inverter location

I have a 2012 37KT. Does anyone know where the inverter is located? Not the converter. I know where that is. I accidentally plugged a space heater into one of the inverter outlets and tripped the breaker on the inverter. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Thanks.
camaromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #3285

[QUOTE=However, on my way home from CW the headlights are still doing the same thing. The high beam indicator does this even if the headlights are off.

Any clue where this short might be located?[/QUOTE]

The short is in your navigation system. It took you to the wrong repair shop.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #3286

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromance View Post
I have a 2012 37KT. Does anyone know where the inverter is located? Not the converter. I know where that is. I accidentally plugged a space heater into one of the inverter outlets and tripped the breaker on the inverter. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Aren't they part of the same unit?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #3287

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think so. I have the intelli-power PD9100 converter and the WFCO WF-600 inverter with the remote button option. The owner's manual for the inverter looks nothing like the converter. I asked Thor and they said its in a stow on the drivers side. Nope...found the leveling control sensor and the slide controller but nothing that resembles an inverter.
camaromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #3288

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
The short is in your navigation system. It took you to the wrong repair shop.
True, but when you pay $2995 for a 7 year extended warranty at CW, makes sense to take it there.

I found the post from fluffybunny that had the same issue. PM'd them and they said it was a grounding issue. I found the ground wire that was loose and sure enough it was causing them to flicker as I wiggled it. Tightened it down and no more flickering.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:46 AM   #3289
JnT

Quote:
When I hit a bump in my 2015 37TB, the camera flickers, the high beam indicator on the dash flickers, and the headlights flicker. CW said they found a loose connection in the back-up camera and fixed it but could not reproduce the headlight issue. However, on my way home from CW the headlights are still doing the same thing. The high beam indicator does this even if the headlights are off.

Any clue where this short might be located?
I had the same problem with our 2015 37TB. Check the ground connection on the driver's side where the front cap posts connect to the chassis. They are horizontal. Our loose ground was due to Thor's use of self tapping screws for these front cap connections.... one of which was also the ground wire connection. Drilled new holes all the way through and put in stainless bolts to replace the self tappers. Sorry but we are about 4 hours away from our rig or I would be able to provide a pic too.
JnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 AM   #3290

Quote:
True, but when you pay $2995 for a 7 year extended warranty at CW, makes sense to take it there.

I found the post from fluffybunny that had the same issue. PM'd them and they said it was a grounding issue. I found the ground wire that was loose and sure enough it was causing them to flicker as I wiggled it. Tightened it down and no more flickering.

Perhaps you should contact the CW shop that attempted to accomplish the repair and ask them for your money back on your extended warranty, as IRV2 users appear to know more than their techs do . . .

Glad you found the problem!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor