Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2019, 07:36 AM   #3291

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromance View Post
I have a 2012 37KT. Does anyone know where the inverter is located? Not the converter. I know where that is. I accidentally plugged a space heater into one of the inverter outlets and tripped the breaker on the inverter. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Thanks.
I have the 2013 KT, and the inverter is behind door #4 (going front to back). This is the narrow door between the battery compartment and the generator.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #3292

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromance View Post
I have a 2012 37KT. Does anyone know where the inverter is located? Not the converter. I know where that is. I accidentally plugged a space heater into one of the inverter outlets and tripped the breaker on the inverter. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Thanks.
On our 2016 KT it is located on the drivers side second garage door back from the front on the vertical wall separating the 2nd and third garage bays.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #3293

hello
I have a 2013 37kt also.I traced the remote wire to the inverter to the space under the head of the bed.have not unscrewed the bed plywood to look underneath.but have looked everywhere else.hoping it's there.
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #3294
KC

Hello all, I need to reset a error message on my leveling jacks on my 37KT. It is a 2015.5.

Thanks

Kevin
Old 05-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #3295

Thor Owners Club
Reset level error

Try pressing the retract button and enter button at the same time.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #3296
KC

Inverter question

Hello all, went camping this weekend, had fun but on the way home tried to turn the inverter on for the fridge and nothing, the switch did nothing. Went out and check inverter and the pop up fuse was still set. Any thoughts?
Old 05-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #3297

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Hello all, went camping this weekend, had fun but on the way home tried to turn the inverter on for the fridge and nothing, the switch did nothing. Went out and check inverter and the pop up fuse was still set. Any thoughts?
This hasn't happened to me and I don't have ideas, but call Thor. They are good at answering this kind of question.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #3298
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
This hasn't happened to me and I don't have ideas, but call Thor. They are good at answering this kind of question.
They said, good luck, and sorry:(

KC
Old 05-20-2019, 08:42 AM   #3299

Quote:

KC
The Xantrex inverter is a vendor item. It does have a two year warranty but I'm pretty sure you are past two years.

I have/had the same problem with the 1800w inverter and running the residential fridge. The most, depending on the ambient temperature, the inverter would run was about 3-4 hours before shutdown/failure. My problem started at purchase and Xantrex replaced three inverters before I asked for an even trade for a Freedom 2000w. I don't know if it will work yet. I use my generator to power the fridge and AC's now.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #3300

Thor Owners Club
Has anyone figured out how to reduce the 3-4 second delay on the side cameras when using turn signals?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #3301

Thor Owners Club
Slide falling out

The main dinette slide on our 37KT has started to fall out of the side wall.

The Accu-slide picture frame has a series of “clamps” that are supposed to be mounted on the inside to prevent the weight of the wall from pulling the slide out. Ours is missing all four of those clamps, so the screw head, at 14-16” centers, are the only thing holding the frame into the RV.

I talked to a tech at BAL and he said it was absolutely unsafe with those clamps missing.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:03 AM   #3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
The main dinette slide on our 37KT has started to fall out of the side wall.

The Accu-slide picture frame has a series of “clamps” that are supposed to be mounted on the inside to prevent the weight of the wall from pulling the slide out. Ours is missing all four of those clamps, so the screw head, at 14-16” centers, are the only thing holding the frame into the RV.

I talked to a tech at BAL and he said it was absolutely unsafe with those clamps missing.

Have you spoken to Thor? Is it still on warranty? I would raise holy hell with them if they don't cover it under warranty, I would also submit a defect report to the NTSB since there might be a danger of a slide falling out while going down the road . . . at least that's what I would tell Thor if they gave me any grief.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:38 AM   #3303

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:

KC
About two months ago, I did what I feel is the best thing every THOR owner can do....I got rid of my POS Challenger and bought a Tiffin. Never plan on looking back either! I had a 2018 37YT and it almost ruined the RV experience for me. Bless the poor souls who bought it from the dealer I traded it to.....
Old 08-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #3304

New Member - Question

Hi all. Just bought a new to me 2017 Challenger 37YT. My first motorhome and first RV. I know there are lots of posts out there already on this subject. But have not seen one yet. So here is my question.

Where do you store your flexible sewer hose?? Do you strap some PVC pipe up under the bottom of the RV?? Or just put it in one of your storage bays???

Back in 1980 my Dad had a 5th wheel. He could slide his sewer pipe into the rear bumper of the trailer.
bsheet2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor