Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #3501

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnoel View Post
Why not just turn off the refrigerator?
I wish it were that simple. However on the Side by Side Whirlpool Model WRS321SDHZ05 refrigerator installed, that feature doesn't exist.
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2021, 10:02 AM   #3502

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerman View Post
Well, my brand new 2021 Challenger 37YT is gone. It was stolen from the lot of a paint shop early Saturday morning after I dropped it off on Friday to get a small paint chip repaired. They left it outside of their yard since it was too crowded and someone pulled up and left with it 8 minutes later.

Just sickened. It can't be replaced since there are none for sale and Thor has discontinued the floor plan. Heck, the way the floor plan was this year was a one year change to my knowledge so the odds of ever finding one used is pretty slim.

So frustrated. This floor plan was just perfect and because of a greedy shop that took work (I made an appt 3 weeks in advance) that apparently they couldn't handle; my RV is gone. I have had auto shops make we wait when they had more cars than they could pull into their garage at night. I sure wish they would have made me wait another month or so until they actually had room.
Oh my word, that is awful. I feel so bad for you. I hope you are able to get it recovered. Did you register it on the the FordPass app?. If so you may be able to locate it as the vehicles position gets recorded and you can see where it is parked on the map in the app.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:47 PM   #3503

Quote:
Well, my brand new 2021 Challenger 37YT is gone. It was stolen from the lot of a paint shop early Saturday morning after I dropped it off on Friday to get a small paint chip repaired. They left it outside of their yard since it was too crowded and someone pulled up and left with it 8 minutes later.

Just sickened. It can't be replaced since there are none for sale and Thor has discontinued the floor plan. Heck, the way the floor plan was this year was a one year change to my knowledge so the odds of ever finding one used is pretty slim.

So frustrated. This floor plan was just perfect and because of a greedy shop that took work (I made an appt 3 weeks in advance) that apparently they couldn't handle; my RV is gone. I have had auto shops make we wait when they had more cars than they could pull into their garage at night. I sure wish they would have made me wait another month or so until they actually had room.
That is awful. I am soooo sorry!
Mnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #3504

No idea this existed. What is the data based on?
Pointerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #3505

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
No idea this existed. What is the data based on?
I'm not exactly sure on the data, I just know it works on mine. Plus, the app, if configured in the settings, can track your journeys. I think that you may be able to load the app and enter your vin number and get a result. However I also seem to remember that there was a step that you needed to be in the vehicle for the initial configuration.

However, since the vehicle does relay it's position to the app it may worth exploring this capability with Ford to see if they can assist in locating the vehicle.

Look at page 10 in the Ford owners manual that speaks about vehicles with a connectivity device.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:50 AM   #3506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluffinator View Post
I'm not exactly sure on the data, I just know it works on mine. Plus, the app, if configured in the settings, can track your journeys. I think that you may be able to load the app and enter your vin number and get a result. However I also seem to remember that there was a step that you needed to be in the vehicle for the initial configuration.

However, since the vehicle does relay it's position to the app it may worth exploring this capability with Ford to see if they can assist in locating the vehicle.

Look at page 10 in the Ford owners manual that speaks about vehicles with a connectivity device.
Downloaded the app and it looks like the trip is tracked using your phone's GPS system using an app.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #3507

Grand Design Owners Club
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

The trip might be but the location comes from the vehicle.

Are you seeing other data such as oil life, odometer and miles remaining of fuel?

If so then the vehicle is sending data to the cloud. And if so then click on the map icon. You will have needed to have added the vehicle using the vin number into the app.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1552.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	330662
Old 06-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #3508

Persky 1 Nice building. What are the dimensions and the door sizes? What was the installed cost? Thanks
We Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #3509

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Be Gone View Post
Persky 1 Nice building. What are the dimensions and the door sizes? What was the installed cost? Thanks
Thanks! Size is 24x48 with 16 foot walls. I have a separate heated shop so only needed a place to store the coach and my 6x12 covered trailer. Both fit nicely with slides open and room to walk around. Main door is 14x14, and a standard is 3 foot. 4 sliding windows and has a 5 inch concrete slab. I ran my own electric and added a 100 amp panel to feed a 50 amp plug. It is not insulated but has 6 - 10k lumen shop lights and is nice and bright in there. My cost last summer, before the cost of everything went up, was $41k. It wasn’t cheap, but I am so very happy with it!
Old 06-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #3510

Quote:
I wish it were that simple. However on the Side by Side Whirlpool Model WRS321SDHZ05 refrigerator installed, that feature doesn't exist.
I think we have that same fridge. Hold the right two buttons down at the same time. It will count down then message that cooling is off.
bsheet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:41 PM   #3511

Grand Design Owners Club

Thanks for the suggestion. The touch pad on my refrigerator are from left to right Freezer Temp, Light, Ice Type, Lock, Refrigerator Temp.

I tried the two right as suggested and the two temp indicators ran back and forth but that was it. Then I tried holding two temp touch pads and the refrigerator seems to reboot.

But neither combination turned it off.

I’ll just throw the breaker. It’s not that big a deal. Just lazy.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #3512

Quote:
The trip might be but the location comes from the vehicle.

Are you seeing other data such as oil life, odometer and miles remaining of fuel?

If so then the vehicle is sending data to the cloud. And if so then click on the map icon. You will have needed to have added the vehicle using the vin number into the app.
Attachment 330662
I called Ford. Vehicle location is not available through their tools. Just maintenance items. Oh well...
Old 06-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #3513

Grand Design Owners Club

Did you happen to put a SIM card in the Winegard or activate the SIM card that came with it. If so it might have pinged the closest cell towers at the point it was last turned off The thieves may not know to turn off the master battery switch. In which case the winegard might still be broadcasting.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:21 PM   #3514

Quote:
Did you happen to put a SIM card in the Winegard or activate the SIM card that came with it. If so it might have pinged the closest cell towers at the point it was last turned off The thieves may not know to turn off the master battery switch. In which case the winegard might still be broadcasting.
I did not. Seemed like a fairly worthless piece of equipment given my cell phone's ability to create a hot spot. I have all of the manuals. Is the SIM card that came in the unit noted in the manuals or do you have to go on the roof to look at the number?

Tags
lippert, slide, thor