Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #1037

Entegra Owners Club
We are looking forward to going to Elkhart at the end of the month to get our MH repaired. A long drive , but we will make a trip out of it, probably drop it off, head to Wisconsin to visit relatives ( hopefully in a new toad). Looking forward to seeing Capt Bob there too, and I hope the weather is good. Nice trip to Austin last weekend, but the ice hit just as we got bak to DFW area.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #1038

Carolina Campers
Well, wish me luck! My new 2014.5 Challenger 37GT is supposed to arrive on Monday, March 10, 2014.

It is being delivered to CW in Colfax, NC, directly from Elkhart, IN. It came off the production line on February 12, then went to the paint shop for 10 days. It then went back to the factory for the final audit, cleaning, and on to the ship line. It was hot shipped as it was pre sold.

They will perform the dealer inspection, clean and wash the coach and undercarriage to remove any salt and debris from shipment. Then they will call me so that I can inspect it to insure that it is exactly as I ordered. They will then start the mods that I ordered and install the in-motion satellite, the stacked washer and dryer, the permanent SaniCon macerator, the First Place Finish, and install my tow bar and related wiring harness.

They will park my old coach door to door with the new coach so that we can transfer all our belongings. Once we are ready, we are on our way to NM, and several other states for the summer.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #1039

Carolina Campers
I wonder how soon I should schedule my first trip to trake the coach back to Elkhart for a check up and any related warranty work that may come up between now and then?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #1040

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looking them up on rvservicereviews.com RV Service Reviews they get a poor rating so be warned. Hopefully you've prepared by printing out a detailed PDI check list and have the tools you need to do a thorough inspection.

If I were you, I would wait until CW completed their work so it can be included in the PDI.

You should also take the time to write a review of your experience on the service review site.

Congratulations and best wishes for a fantastic 2014 camping season.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #1041

Winter is finally breaking enough in Chicago to get out of Dodge. Heading to Pigeon Forge Tennessee and the Great Smokies. Leaving Friday for a week. Will be in Elkhart at Thor on April 7. Anyone else going to be there then?
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 AM   #1042

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Winter is finally breaking enough in Chicago to get out of Dodge. Heading to Pigeon Forge Tennessee and the Great Smokies. Leaving Friday for a week. Will be in Elkhart at Thor on April 7. Anyone else going to be there then?
I'll be in Elkhart on 31 March. Be there until ask repairs are complete. When in April will you be there?
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #1043

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're heading to Cherokee the last week of August. We love the area and the mountains so much that we bought a house there a few years back. We'll be retiring in that area for sure. Enjoy your trip and if you need suggestions on places to see, let me know
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #1044

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post

I'll be in Elkhart on 31 March. Be there until ask repairs are complete. When in April will you be there?
I guess I should have read your whole message, I see you'll be there on the 7th of April. I'll probably gone by then
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #1045

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Looking them up on rvservicereviews.com RV Service Reviews they get a poor rating so be warned. Hopefully you've prepared by printing out a detailed PDI check list and have the tools you need to do a thorough inspection. If I were you, I would wait until CW completed their work so it can be included in the PDI. You should also take the time to write a review of your experience on the service review site. Congratulations and best wishes for a fantastic 2014 camping season.
The one you had selected was CW in Columbia, SC. There are no reviews in there for the CW in Colfax, NC. Therefore, those reviewers are meaningless for my location, as far as I can see. Regardless, I can appreciate your warnings, and I am being cautious anyway.

The purpose of this upfront review is strictly to insure the coach is what I ordered, and that there is not something glaringly wrong, and not meant to be my walkthrough or completing my PDI.

I also told them that I want to discuss their plan for performing the installations before they do anything. I have learned my lesson, and will not simply tell them to install anything without having them go through the installations beforehand and telling me exactly what they plan to do.

In regard to the PDI, I am not accepting delivery or signing anything until all the work is completed. I did take your previously provided list of items to check out during the PDI, as well as adding other items to it that are specifically related to this coach.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
In regard to the PDI, I am not accepting delivery or signing anything until all the work is completed. I did take your previously provided list of items to check out during the PDI, as well as adding other items to it that are specifically related to this coach.
I sincerely wish you nothing but a satisfactory delivery experience, but unless you've got it in writing on the purchase agreement, I doubt any dealer will begin installation of such a comprehensive list "customizations"
such as you've listed, before you OWN it. I hope I'm wrong.......

In answer to your other post, NC is a lot closer to IN than NM is. Perhaps NM is a bit too long for a "shakedown" cruise....just sayin.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #1047

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I sincerely wish you nothing but a satisfactory delivery experience, but unless you've got it in writing on the purchase agreement, I doubt any dealer will begin installation of such a comprehensive list "customizations" such as you've listed, before you OWN it. I hope I'm wrong....... In answer to your other post, NC is a lot closer to IN than NM is. Perhaps NM is a bit too long for a "shakedown" cruise....just sayin.
Thanks for the note. You may be right, so I will be prepared to do the PDI for the coach, then separate for the upgrades. In regard to the NM trip, no choice there. I have to go out there to help out my MIL. And will be there for several weeks. There is a good sized CW in Albuquerque, if needed. I've made that trip numerous times, and yet I know that it is not advisable to go that far for a shake down trip, but the timing does not leave much leeway. I had planned to take a much closer to home shakedown trip, but the weather delayed delivery by about a month.

Regardless, I have installed a new 60' by 15' concert pad at the side of my house to park it on. I have shore power at my house (installed 50 amp service, which I used for my previous coach). I have water hookup available, and I am also able to run my macerator hose to the sewer clean out in my yard. Therefore, I plan to be camped at home for several days before leaving. Then, I will be traveling only over to Nashville, TN for the first leg and camping there for a day or two to visit some of my iRV2 comrades. Then on to Little Rock, AR for a few days to visit some relatives, etc., etc....

So, if any issues come up on the way, I can always turn around if absolutely necessary. I even had another concrete/gravel mix pad, 50 amp shore power, water, and sewer hookups installed at my MIL's place as well. So we will be close to a home base for some time before heading out to more unknown places.

Even at that, we will be meeting some iRV2 friends out there to travel with as we go to Nevada, Wyoming, Utah, etc. I guess, if I were not already a veteran RV'er, it may be more concreting.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #1048

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Thanks for the note. You may be right, so I will be prepared to do the PDI for the coach, then separate for the upgrades. In regard to the NM trip, no choice there. I have to go out there to help out my MIL. And will be there for several weeks. There is a good sized CW in Albuquerque, if needed. I've made that trip numerous times, and yet I know that it is not advisable to go that far for a shake down trip, but the timing does not leave much leeway. I had planned to take a much closer to home shakedown trip, but the weather delayed delivery by about a month. Regardless, I have installed a new 60' by 15' concert pad at the side of my house to park it on. I have shore power at my house (installed 50 amp service, which I used for my previous coach). I have water hookup available, and I am also able to run my macerator hose to the sewer clean out in my yard. Therefore, I plan to be camped at home for several days before leaving. Then, I will be traveling only over to Nashville, TN for the first leg and camping there for a day or two to visit some of my iRV2 comrades. Then on to Little Rock, AR for a few days to visit some relatives, etc., etc.... So, if any issues come up on the way, I can always turn around if absolutely necessary. I even had another concrete/gravel mix pad, 50 amp shore power, water, and sewer hookups installed at my MIL's place as well. So we will be close to a home base for some time before heading out to more unknown places. Even at that, we will be meeting some iRV2 friends out there to travel with as we go to Nevada, Wyoming, Utah, etc. I guess, if I were not already a veteran RV'er, it may be more concreting.
I have had Thor warranty work done at CW Albuquerque and have been generally happy with them. Enchanted Trails RV Park next door is convenient and they honor Passport America and Good Sam discounts. For diesel owners there's a Freightliner service center at the end of the street.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #1049

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I have had Thor warranty work done at CW Albuquerque and have been generally happy with them. Enchanted Trails RV Park next door is convenient and they honor Passport America and Good Sam discounts. For diesel owners there's a Freightliner service center at the end of the street.
Thanks my friend for the heads up!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
We're heading to Cherokee the last week of August. We love the area and the mountains so much that we bought a house there a few years back. We'll be retiring in that area for sure. Enjoy your trip and if you need suggestions on places to see, let me know
Would appreciate your suggestions for the area Don. We will be camping at Up the Creek RV Park in Pigeon Forge. Just two adults. We will rent a car once there. We mostly want to sight-see and eat good local food. So things to see and restaurants to go to would be the best advice. Thanks in advance.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor