Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #1261

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Did you look under the couch? That's where they put it in my 37GT.
Not under couch, behind TV or fireplace.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #1262

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonsL View Post
It's located inside the entertainment center, on the floor behind the fireplace. There should be an access panel inside the bottom / right cabinet.
You were right! Dumb me - I just removed fireplace surround and looked behind around the edges. Sub was setting almost exactly in center. Removed panel you mentioned and there it was. It wasn't working because power switch was off. Sound can't really get out from that sealed compartment. If I ever find an unused pair of wires between Main TV and outside TV it will go under the couch. So far I'm batting about 500 on as delivered fixes. Thank you.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #1263

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Could you also provide a picture of the mod for the 50 amp cable as well? Ted
Sorry for delay - camera back in service. Here is pic of the 50 amp cable hatch. Fit was nice and snug - no trimming needed. Thinking about cutting small coax size notch in the same cable port. Then all of my park connections will be rodent and bug free for all but the smallest ones - like ants. Not sure you can ever keep them out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9200001.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	77648  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #1264

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Sorry for delay - camera back in service. Here is pic of the 50 amp cable hatch. Fit was nice and snug - no trimming needed. Thinking about cutting small coax size notch in the same cable port. Then all of my park connections will be rodent and bug free for all but the smallest ones - like ants. Not sure you can ever keep them out.

Thanks.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #1265

Carolina Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Btw, my 2014.5 37GT has vents in the bay's from the heater that is supposed to keep the bay's safe from freezing as long as the heater is on in the coach. Where I live in NC, it has not reached anywhere close to freezing temps yet. It may get around freezing sometime next week. My coach is parked on a cement pad next to my house and I have installed a 50 amp service that it is plugged into when not in use, and I have the heater on with the thermostat set to 50 degrees. I will keep the LPG tank full. It is not hooked up to water, but there is water in the fresh water tank. I plan to use it off and on during the winter.

What is your thoughts? Do I need to do any other winterizing as long as I keep the heater on 50 degrees?

Ted
Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #1266

Carolina Campers
Any one see my last post? Please....

Ted
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 AM   #1267

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Btw, my 2014.5 37GT has vents in the bay's from the heater that is supposed to keep the bay's safe from freezing as long as the heater is on in the coach. Where I live in NC, it has not reached anywhere close to freezing temps yet. It may get around freezing sometime next week. My coach is parked on a cement pad next to my house and I have installed a 50 amp service that it is plugged into when not in use, and I have the heater on with the thermostat set to 50 degrees. I will keep the LPG tank full. It is not hooked up to water, but there is water in the fresh water tank. I plan to use it off and on during the winter.

What is your thoughts? Do I need to do any other winterizing as long as I keep the heater on 50 degrees?

Ted
If you can afford the propane to keep your furnace set at 50, you'll be fine. We were traveling during Christmas a a couple of years and one year I did that. I had to go out to refill my tank once waiting foir my trip to come around on the calinder though.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #1268

Quote:

Ted
I saw the one about heating the bays. I actually tried to respond but something wasn't working right yesterday on the forum. My response wouldn't go. Maybe it was everyone. I don't know. Hlopefully this one will go. What I said was that I have a similar problem but worse since we are in Chicago. We park in a heated garage, but want to use it to go south in the winter. I am interested in how cold it can stand with the furnaces running. So far I would not risk colder than the 20's, but I would love to learn it was good into the teens.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #1269

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Ted
I like electric heat in wet bay. My approach: couple 100 watt bulbs wired in series and plugged in to an EASYHEAT EH38 thermostat controlled outlet (turns on at 38 and off at 50 degrees). Bulbs go in series to significantly increase life. Add a battery powered thermometer with remote in wet bay to keep an eye on actual temp. Might need more heat farther north but 100 watts of heat has worked well for us.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #1270

Ford Super Duty Owner
More Mods Fixes and Upgrades

#19. One thing always leads to another. Opened blank panel under sink for fire extinguisher storage project (more on that later) and found a tangled mess of heater ducting. Sharp bends and one pinched to about half size. Disconnected all at furnace - stretched out to nearly maximum per install instructions - cut off excess and reinstalled. Only had to remove one half of sink floor to work with reasonable comfort. Now more air moving out every register. Removed over six feet of duct. Also noted that is spite very large return air grill under frig - return air is restricted by very small hole between cabinets. Decided to leave that as is for now. Picture shows finished project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P9230003.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	77821  
Old 10-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #1271

Carolina Campers
Thanks for the responses in regard to winter heating.

Ted
Old 10-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #1272

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ever wonder what's under the dash console cover?

Well now I know, at least for our 2015 37KT. First pic shows radio area. There are six cables coming out of the right side of the radio. Five capped plugs are not connected and are available for add-on features: I-Pod, IR Remote, Sirius, Line out L/R RCA and AUX in L/R RCA. The other pic shows console area behind gauges. Not much to get excited about there - just a whole bunch of wires. The cover was only held on by the visible screws. Putting it back on using the original screw holes takes a bit of time but not really difficult.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P9220001.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	77883   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9220002.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	77884  

Old 10-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #1273

Ford Super Duty Owner
More Mods Fixes and Upgrades

#20. Looking for a place to put kitchen fire extinguisher? I decided to put it under kitchen sink. There was a blank panel just below sink cabinet that is covered by door when closed. Removed the panel and built a box in the empty space big enough to hold a 5BC extinguisher. Made it wide enough to get a big hand around it for easy removal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P9240001.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	77938  
Old 11-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #1274

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fireplace

First sub 50 degree day at home and time to start testing heat. Propane works great but air distribution really inadequate in front. Only one floor register for living room and cockpit. OK crank up the fireplace - still a bit chilly. Added small space heater at passenger seat outlet and promptly tripped a breaker. Long story short, the fire place was plugged into TV/inverter outlet instead of the dedicated 15 amp outlet located rear left of fireplace cabinet. Relocated plug and all OK. Fireplace enclosure almost air tight with glass front touching wood trim of opening. No way for air to get in. Per install instructions - moved fireplace a bit forward (fireplace front flanges flush with trim) so air could be drawn around glass front and into space behind - where the air intake is. Put glass back and noted could rattle. Felt pads on each corner and done. No way to test but it sure seems to be moving a lot more air.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor